Lee Jong Suk: When He Wants You to Move In

Other Scenarios

requested by anon


 

It’s really not so weird when you think about it, but it still gives you pause.

“Do you want to move in with me?”

It makes sense, it really does - you’ve been dating for a while, you spend a fair amount of time at Jongsuk’s place and he at yours, and, well, his apartment is really nice.

But still, you’re thrown a bit off guard.

It’s not that you don’t want to move in with him, not at all. You’d love to spend more time with him, especially during the times he doesn’t have dramas to film - it’s a well-known fact that he’s a bit of a hermit, and the two of you would definitely be able to capitalize on that.

You’re just... scared. You’ve never gone quite this far in a relationship before, and while you’re pretty sure you’d enjoy living with him, you’d also gotten fairly comfortable on your own.

“Do you... not want to?” he asks, thumb rubbing over his mug of tea.

“I do,” you say, “but...”

“But what?”

“It’s kind of a big step, isn’t it?”

“You stay over half the time anyways,” he replies, narrowing his eyes a bit, “is it really that different?”

You don’t say anything, and he interprets your silence in his own way.

“Do you not like me enough for that?” he asks, “Does this relationship mean more to me than you?”

Incensed, you stand up, pushing away from the table. “Are you seriously suggesting that?”

“Well, what else am I supposed to think?”

“You’re so childish,” you retort, walking away. You hear his chair push back, and he strides in front of you easily, blocking you.

“Move,” you say, stepping to the side, but he follows. You roll your eyes. “You’re not helping your argument.”

“Well, you haven’t even given me an explanation!” he says.

“All you did was jump to conclusions,” you mutter, ducking under his arm and walking to the door, opening it.

“Hey!” he yells, as you step out, “we’re not done!”

“I need space!” you shout back, slamming the door of his apartment behind you.

If this is any indication of how things would be living together, it’s a pretty terrible start.


 

The next few days, however, don’t go over too well.

You’ve put yourself in a self-imposed exile from any and all things Jongsuk - which is harder than you originally thought.

You’d foreseen the texts and calls he’d send, which stopped after the first day; he seemed to either be okay with giving you your space, or he was just bottling it up.

What you’d forgotten, though, was the fact that since he was, in fact, a celebrity, pictures and videos of him would pop up from time to time. A commercial here, a poster there, and all it did was make you a little sadder.

The fact remains that you miss him. A lot.

But the fact also remains that you needed time to sort through your emotions and eventually come to your own decision.

You start with a few things, packing some relatively unused things up into cardboard boxes. Then you move on to others, and before you realize, you’ve packed up everything but the absolute essentials.

It seems your body already knew what it wanted, even before your mind could put it into definite words.

You pick up the box that holds Jongsuk’s things, take a deep breath, and make your way to his place, ringing the doorbell and praying that he answers the door.

After a minute, he opens it, hair disheveled and wearing pajamas; his facial hair has grown in a few days. To the untrained eye, it might look like he’s having some sort of crisis, but you know better - this is simply his lazy appearance.

“Hey,” he says, “wasn’t expecting you.”

“I wanted to give you this,” you say, handing the box over to him. He takes the lid off and peers into it, brow furrowing when he sees his own belongings.

“Are you... breaking up with me?”

“No,” you say, shaking your head. “I just thought... if I’m moving in here, you should have your things back.”

Jongsuk drops the box on the floor and pulls you inside in a hug, his chin settling onto your shoulder.

“Knew you couldn’t stay away for long,” he teases, voice lilting with just a little aegyo. You don’t have to look at him to know he’s got his little duck face on, and you laugh.

“No, I couldn’t.”