Bang Sung Joon: First Meeting

Other Scenarios

requested by ijustsneeze (tumblr)

“You’re late,” your coworker teased as you pushed open the door to thecaféand walked behind the counter. You rolled your eyes and grabbed an apron from a low cabinet, unfolding it and slipping it over your head.

“Shut up. You know my alarm clock likes being stupid.”

“That’s what they all say~” She poked your cheek, and you swatted her hand away playfully. “There’s some stuff here that needs to be delivered to table 3, got it?”

“Alright, alright.” You picked up the tray and walked over to the table, placing the drinks on the table, then returning to the counter and bopping your coworker on the head with the tray.

She pulled a face at you, and you just laughed.

Yep. Just another day at thecafé.

~*~*~*~*~

Of course, things did start to get a little boring after a while.

“Ugh, I wish more cute guys came here,” your coworker sighed, blowing her bangs up a little and leaning against the wall. “I need some eye candy.”

You nodded. “All the people who come here are either couples or people who just want to work on school assignments.”

Your coworker pouted for a moment, her hand under her chin while she thought. “Hey, wanna make a bet?”

“Um… what kind of bet?”

“If a somewhat good-looking guy comes in the next hour, one of us has to ask him out. I’ll flip a coin to see who asks. Heads or tails?”

You sighed. “Fine, tails.”

She took out a coin and flipped it, and…

“Looks like you’re gonna have to do it!”

You groaned. “I hate making bets with you. And goddammit, stop wiggling your eyebrows like that!” You poked her in the forehead, and she stuck her tongue out at you.

“Don’t be a chicken, you could use a boyfriend.”

You rolled your eyes. “Whatever.”

~*~*~*~*~

Thirty minutes came and went without a single guy passing through the doors, and your coworker was starting to get a little bored.

“Yahh,” she grumbled, “this isn’t any fun… Oh! Look, there’s a crowd starting to form outside for some reason, let’s go check it out.”

Against your better judgment, you followed her to the front door, and in walked a rather tall and statuesque man.

“Welcome!” Your coworker beamed. “Can I show you to a seat?”

“Okay.”

You returned to your spot behind the counter, pointedly ignoring the smirk that your coworker sent you.

“He wants an americano and a croissant. You’re delivering.”

“What?”

“You haven’t forgotten our bet, have you?”

You sighed. “Fine.”

She smiled as she walked off to begin preparing the coffee, and you leaned over the counter to try and get a better look at the guy.

He was definitely a looker, with sharp features, short black hair spiked messily, but not in a sloppy way. Definitely someone that you’d be willing to date… wait.

What am I thinking? you muttered, shaking your head. There was no way that he would be interested in you, anyways.

“Coffee’s ready~” your coworker hummed, putting his order on the tray. “Go. Good luck! Ha ha ha.”

You sighed, picking up the tray and walking towards his table, setting down the drink carefully, in order to avoid burning yourself. “Here’s your order. I hope you enjoy.”

You turned around, intending on walking back to the counter, but your foot slipped on an unfortunate puddle, sending you down towards the floor. You closed your eyes, bracing yourself for the impact, but it never came.

When you opened your eyes again, you found yourself staring directly into two pools of brown.

“Are you alright?”

You nodded, not trusting yourself to speak.

“Good. Wouldn’t want a pretty lady like you to get hurt.”

You blushed. “I-uh…”

He just smiled. “Sit here with me a bit, I don’t think your coworker over there will mind very much.” He jerked his head in the direction of the counter, where your coworker stood, smiling and waving.

“She’s weird.”

“Eh. Not important. My name is Sung Joon. You’ll tell me yours, right?”