The Eatery

A Serendipitous Story

 

After lunch, Jieun had academic lessons. She didn't recognise anyone from her performing classes in this class. She ended up sitting next to a boy named Taemin. 

Taemin was friendly and funny and a really nice guy in general. Jieun found a friend in him after knowing him for only a few hours.

After what seemed like the longest first day in her life, school finally ended. Jieun took the bus home by herself. Truthfully, she was exhausted. It had been such a long day, but Jieun's day was far from over.

After taking a quick shower—with no break in between—she was out of her house again. This time, she was going to an eatery nearby, where she worked part time as a waitress.

Thunder was the first one to spot her when she entered the eatery. He waved enthusiastically at her. "Annyeong, Jieun!"

Jieun flashed a smile and walked over to where he and the others were. "Annyeong, Sanghyun-oppa!" she greeted her co-worker slash good friend back. She then turned to Jiyeon and Mir, her other co-workers and greeted them too.

Jiyeon and Mir both smiled at her and greeted her as well.

"Busy day today, huh?" Jieun asked after noticing that the eatery was espeically packed today.

"It wasn't this busy in the morning. It only got busy about half an hour before you arrived," Mir informed.

Jiyeon nodded and spoke, "I think it's because most colleges started today. Most of the customers look like they're students so they must be looking for a place to hang out after school."

"Speaking of college," Thunder brought up the topic casually, "how was your first day at the prestigious Exo Performing Arts College?" he asked as he poked Jieun's left cheek.

Jieun thought back on her day for awhile and answered, "It was great!" And she wasn't lying. 

Although a bit lengthy, her first day was definitely not a bad one. After only one day at EPAC, she could understand why people spoke so highly of the school. It deserved it's ridiculous reputation.

"Excuse me!" a customer hollered.

Mir acknowledged the customer with a nod and went over to see what he wanted, not before telling Jieun to get changed so she could start her shift too.

Work was a little busier than usual with endless crowds of college students pouring into the eatery. But other than that, it was as usual.

The two waiters and two waitresses were gathered in the small room behind the counter. At about half past eight, only a couple of customers were left. They were among the last customers the eatery were taking in for the day. After they went home, Jieun, Jiyeon, Thunder and Mir could close up the shop and go home too.

The four of them were talking about everything (like the good friends were) when suddenly, the bell at the entrance of the eatery rang, indicating that someone had just entered.

"I thought I already changed the open sign to close," Mir said, scratching his head.

Thunder chuckled in response. "Don't worry, I'll go out there and see what the customer wants." 

With that, Thunder disappeared to do just exactly what he said he was going to do.

"So, Jieun," Jiyeon spoke suddenly, smirking.

Jieun only blinked at her friend innocently, "Hmm?"

"Did you meet any cute guys in college?"

Mir snickered. "Classic question, Jiyeon," he said and the both of them high-fived.

Jieun didn't answer immediately, but there was a visible smile plastered on her doll-like face. "Maybe."

Jiyeon and Mir both leaned in closer and their eyes rounded in interest. They beckoned for Jieun to elaborate.

Jieun rolled her eyes but laughed. *I swear, these guys love gossip, especially Mir.*

"Who is it, Jieun? Did you get a name? How cute is he? Is he in any of your classes? Is he cuter than Sungmin-oppa? Scratch that, no one is cuter than Sungmin-oppa..." 

Jiyeon was going on a rant when suddenly, the three of them heard Thunder's voice. He must've raised his voice if it would suddenly catch their attention like that. And it was rare that Thunder lost his patience and raised his voice.

Mir sighed and all three of them went out to see what all the fuss was about.

"Sanghyun-oppa, what's going on-"

Jieun couldn't even finish her question. Her eyes widened in recognition when she saw the boy. His expression changed too, when he saw her, but his reaction was unreadable.

"I'm so glad you guys are here," Thunder said, "This guy won't leave. I've already told him that we're closed for today but he says he won't leave until he gets something to eat."

Jieun didn't even hear Thunder's last sentence and approached the boy. She put a hand on his shoulder and spoke, "Kai-ssi, what are you doing here?"

Thunder stepped forward and looked at Jieun. "Jieun-ah, you know him?"

Jieun nodded. "He goes to EPAC too. He's in a few of my training classes."

"Well, what is he doing here? Friend or not, we're closed for the day," Mir said with a hint of hostility in his voice.

Jieun sighed and squeezed Kai's shoulder. "Kai-ssi..."

Kai finally looked up and met eyes with Jieun.

"What are you doing here at this time? Do your parents know you're out?" Jieun asked. She was genuinely concern about him. The way he looked right then was so different from the usual Kai that oozed with confidence.

Finally, Kai spoke, "Can I just... stay here for awhile?"

That did it for Jieun. She hated seeing him like this. He looked so sad, devastated, even. "Of course you can," she answered without consulting her co-workers first. She turned to Thunder and gave him a weak smile. "Sorry, oppa. You guys can head on home first. I'll close up the shop tonight."

Her three co-workers didn't protest. They only nodded and left, not before telling Jieun to be safe on the way home. Even though this was their first time meeting Kai, they could tell by the way he looked just now that he needed Jieun to comfort him.

After they left, only Jieun and Kai were left in the eatery.

 

-EXOEXO-

 

A/N: I'm sorry this chappie was boring :3 hehe, I just needed to put this in ideky. Anyway, I'm currently working on another story, which is why this update was a little late (and also because AFF has been super slow lately :O). Mianhe. But thanks for being so patient. 

Anyone here ship Minstal, Taestal or Taelli? Currently working on starting a new story that are staring the lovely Krystal Jung, the amazing Choi Minho and the cutie pie Taeminnie ^^ and probably the pretty Sulli too :3

Have a lovely week my readers. Weekends are over, boo :( I reckon Wednesdays should be holidays too. Then I wouldn't mind school because we would have a break in the middle of the week too, and not just at the end of each week :D

So yeah, k bye X