:)

[OneShot] Attempt To Let Go

 

3:28AM
“Unnie…”
“Hmm…” A sleepy Dara woke up when she felt someone poking her cheek. “What’s wrong Chaerin-ah? Why are you awake?”
“Unnie, can I sleep beside you?”
“What happened? Did you have a bad dream?” The younger one just nodded and slightly smiled knowing that Dara could not refuse her request. “fine, come here.”

After settling, “Chaerin-ah, do you want to talk about it?” 
“No Unnie. I’m fine. I’m sorry for bothering you at this time” No, Because in my dream I saw how he left me for you… I can’t believe I just realized everything now… 

That nightmare was like a mind opener for Chaerin. She felt stupid for not realizing that all this time that she was with Jiyong, it was all about her loving him and him loving someone else. This has always been a one sided relationship. She was his girlfriend, He was her boyfriend, that’s all. Yes, it hurts to admit that you think your boyfriend is in love with someone else, but if she’d just let it go and do nothing about it, she won’t be the only one who’ll be hurting. Jiyong was hurting for he was refraining his self from loving the person that his heart is shouting. Asking who this person is, it’s none other than Dara Park, his girl best friend. And because Chaerin believes that best friends are more important that girlfriends, she was willing to let go. It was no use trying to cling onto their relationship if all he’s talking and all he’s doing is about his best friend. Chaerin felt that she was only stopping them from their happiness because she believed that Dara has the same feelings for Jiyong. And this nightmare made her more guilty. And that night she knew that her decision would make things better.

From: Chaerinnie
Oppa, are you free tomorrow?Very Happy

From: Jiyongie
Yes, you want to go on a date? Watch a movie or something?

From: Chaerinnie
We can watch movies at your apartment, I’ll even cook dinner for you:D

From: Jiyongie
Wow, is it my birthday tomorrow? Haha. Okay, see you at 7 pm.

“Oppa… I’m sorry… but it’s the only way…”

---
Next Morning.

“Chaerin, are you sick? Why aren’t you up yet?” Dara was gently shaking the leader trying to feel if she was indeed sick.
“Unnie, no I’m just tired, I’m not sick.” Chaerin slowly got up while rubbing her swollen eyes.
“Omo! Have you been crying? What happened to you? Did Jiyong make you cry? He’s not answering my calls, maybe he did do something wrong.”
“No! I… uhm… I’m fine, he didn’t do anything wrong… we… uhm… we broke up last night.”
“You what!?”
“I broke up with him last night.”
“Why? But I saw you before I left his apartment. You two were smiling like freaks. You love him. Why’d you break up with him? Are you out of your mind?”
“Maybe. I don’t really know. I love him but does he love me? Maybe my love wasn’t enough to make him love me back.”
“Chaerin-ah, trust me. He loves you. You know this for yourself. And if you don’t love him enough, then why’d you cry all night and now you can hardly open your eyes. Fix yourself and go to Jiyong when you’re ready. You need to talk this out. He’s probably drowning in his own tears right now I’ll go and see him.”

---
“Kwon Jiyong open the door!” Dara was shouting and banging the door at the same time. 
“Noona, just leave me alone.”
“Jiyong!!!!”
“Just leave me alone!”
“No, I--”

She paused when she heard a thud and some shuffling then gave out a loud sigh when Jiyong opened the door.

“Have you been crying too?”
“No. who’s crying? I don’t need to cry for her!” then Jiyong fell on his knees and started howling “ … NOONAAAAAA SHE BROKE UP WITH ME WHAT SHOULD I DOOOO!!!???” 
“You know what, you two are both crazy! You broke up and now the two of you are shedding tears like there’s no tomorrow. Now stop whining and think of something to get her back! Aish Kwon Jiyong, I told you never to make my Chaerin cry!”
“I wasn’t the one who broke up with her! She… we… we were having a great time watching a movie… we even made dinner together and then… then she just started crying out of nowhere and asking me to end the relationship… what should I do… I love her so much that it hurts!”
“Stop being a drama queen! What exactly did she say?” Dara placed her hands on her waist, getting slightly angry because clearly this couple is acting like children.
“She said that… that best friends should always go first before girlfriends that I should cherish you more and that I should stop hiding my feelings for you… but noona I don’t love you like that! You’re my best friend that’s impossible. Even before I could say something, she ran back to your dorm. What do you want me to do now?!”
“If you’re not crying right now, I would really laugh at that. Seriously Jiyong, what were you doing that made her think such things?”
“She told me that I was talking so much about you. Damn.”
“Damn what?”
“Damn I forgot our anniversary because I was preparing your surprise birthday party.”
“Stupid Jiyong!” she then slap jiyong’s arm hard enough for him to wince in pain…
“I know. And…”
“And what?” and she was now glaring at him. 
“And I even forgot some of our dates because of recordings with you…” and that earned another slap. 
“You stupid Kwon Jiyong! No wonder she thinks you’re in love with me! What are you going to do now?”
“I don’t know…”
And before Dara could stop herself she was already pinching and slapping Jiyong continuously, hard enough to form bruises.
“YOU DON’T KNOW?! That’s what you get if you’re forgetful and for always taking her for granted.”
“But noona do you have feelings for me?”
*punch in the stomach*
“And that’s what you get for being an arrogant jerk! Now go to Chaerin and say sorry to her!”
“But she’s not answering my calls and she even said that it would be better if she doesn’t see my face for awhile, it might help her get over fast.”
“Do you want her to move on fast and consider other men?”
“Of course not!”
“Then go downstairs and beg for forgiveness. Kneel if you have to. Make her stop crying or else I’ll skin you alive. Arasso?”
“Noona, that’s why I Love you! You’re the best!” 

Jiyong, despite of his bed hair and puffy eyes, ran towards the door.
“Buy her strawberry ice cream first! I’m sure that would help. Now did you see Seunghyun-ah?”
“You’re going out with hyung? Why are you keeping that a secret? Aish! This is partly your fault noona, if you just told her that you were dating somebody she wouldn’t have misunderstood us!”
“YAH! Did I say that I was going out with him?” A blushing Dara glared at the frantic man at the door.
“No, but I can tell. He’s in his room for sure. Please be quiet maknae is here!”
“Yaaaah!” but her attempt to scold him was long gone for he was already at the elevators.

---
Jiyong tip-toed around the girls’ apartment, careful not to let people know of his presence. He found her still lying on her bed quietly sobbing. He set the ice cream on the bedside table and gently got in bed and went straight under the blanket. She was facing the wall so she didn’t see him and didn’t have the chance to move fast enough to get away from him.

Chaerin was surprised when she felt an arm looping around her waist pulling her into a hug. She quickly turned around to face him and pushed him to move little.

“What are you doing here, I thought I told you I don’t want to see you for awhile” her voice was barely audible for she was still sobbing.
“Hey, a whole night is a looong while. I can see you whenever I want to. I’m your boyfriend!”
“But I already broke up with you. I already moved on…”
“Do you think I’m crazy? Who are you fooling? If you really moved on then why are you still crying?”
“I… uhmm… who told you that I’m crying because of you! I watched a drama and the main guy died!”
“Stop lying chaerin-ah. “
“Fine. Please stop hugging me… and… and can you leave now?”
“No.”
“Oppa!”
“I said no. We need to talk. You have to listen to me first.”
“I don’t want to listen to you. We talked already… and if you…” she took a deep breath and tried to stop her sobbing “And if you don’t let go of me now, I won’t be able to let you go too.”
“Are you saying that you still love me?”
“Yes, and clearly you don’t love me the way I love you so why bother me when I’m trying to forget you?“ Then she tried to laugh hoping that it’ll make things lighter “oppa, seriously I think you need to leave.”
“No, holding you like this feels good.”
“Yeah, being in your arms feels good” but he didn’t hear that clearly for she already buried her head on the pillow.
“What did you say?”
“Nothing. Let go of me and leave.”
“Do you really want me to let go?”
“Yes…” Jiyong just looked at her, hoping that his eyes would show his sincerity “No… I don’t, but oppa what about Dara unnie!”
“Do you want me to leave?”
“Yes because you’re just making me want to never let go of you!!!”
“Good. Because I love you. Do you understand that? How many times do you want me to say it? I love you. I love you. I love you.”
“STOP!!! I know you love Dara unnie! Stop making me love you more! You’re just hurting yourself!”

She finally had the courage to push him away because she knows that if they stayed in that position she wouldn’t be able to stop herself from hugging him back.

“Stop pushing me away, Chaerin. I don’t love Dara noona the way I love you! She’s my best friend and you’re my girlfriend! I’m sorry if I keep on forgetting stuff about us, I know I don’t have reasonable excuses for that. And I’m sorry for neglecting you. I love you so much… please stop pushing me away…” he tightened his hold of her now hoping that he would hear what he wanted her to say ever since she broke up with him..
“You don’t love her? Maybe you’re just confused. Ending our relationship would help to clear your tho-“

He was tired of reasoning with her and the only thing that he could think of was to kiss her and show her how he loves her. Why can’t you let go of your worries and trust me more?

“Do you believe me now?” Chaerin just nodded. 

Happy that she finally stopped fighting him, he pulled her closer and made her rest her head on his chest.
“Oppa, I’m sorry. I just… I don’t know… maybe I felt lonely and confused… maybe I just missed you so much.”
“Then why didn’t you tell me. Instead of breaking up with me out of the blue, you could have just told me. We might fight but that’s easy to fix Chaerin-ah. Don’t scare me like that. Please trust me more.”
“Mianhe… I trust you. Now I’m not scared anymore. I love you too. No matter what… I’ll still love you. Even if I say that I’m trying to forget you… I’ll still love you” 

She got up a little and faced him with a smile and leaned closer to give him a kiss.

---
Enjoy reading:D
and please don't kill me for breaking them up!