Dying Ship

Krisber drabbles/one-shot

Amber sits in one corner of the dressing room in silent rage. Kris sees the angry llama in guilt for testing her patience earlier on their performance. He walks quietly to her and took a seat beside her. Clasping his hands in a nonrhythmic pace, he starts to ask for her forgiveness in his low sultry voice.

 

Am, I'm sorry.”

 

She continues her silence and looking away refusing to hear anything from him.

 

Come on, please forgive me this once. I mean, you should know I'm not exactly a great dancer like you do.” Kris persisted.

 

The petite frame annoyed at his persistence turned to him with wide eyes in snare, “Go away...”

 

Kris was left surprised. The usual forgiving and nice Amber has gone awry. He would never had expected her to shoo him away just like that but he knew that everything was his fault to begin with. He decides to try a different approach this time round as he understands the importance of this girl is to him.

 

He tugs the hem of her shirt and decides to go aegyo on her. He nudges his head on her arm and tugged her arms like a little kid pleading his mom to buy him his favorite toy. Even his voice changed to a notch higher than his usual low pitched voice. “Amberrrrrrrrr... I'm sorry. Yuan liang wo baaaaa~(Forgive me in chinese) Hao ma?(Okay?)”

 

Amber couldn't believe what she just hears as the following thoughts runs through her mind, 'Gosh.. Did the almighty Kris just did aegyo on me? That is super creepy. What had just happened? I feel like I'm going to win a lottery soon.” and she looked at him with a raised eyebrow speechless.

 

Kris felt her gaze falling upon him and slowly tilt his head up and looked at her in pleading eyes. “So you have forgiven me?” he said earnestly waiting for a response from her.

 

Amber couldn't resist laughing out loud. He looked like he just imitated Puss in Boots from the Shrek series and that was probably the last thing the tall and manly leader would do. “Yes if you would stop all your creepy antics now.”

 

Finally getting his forgiveness from her, he straightens himself up and took her hand into his. He looked at her with a serious expression patiently waiting for her to speak. Amber understood his actions, lets out a defeated sigh before she explains her rage.

 

Kris, you know I am very serious with all my performance. You know how nervous I get when I'm on stage. You do right?” she speaks with an assertive tone.

 

Yes.” he answered.

 

Then what were you doing just now?!” She questioned the taller man. Earlier on, they were doing a performance with Key on the song 'G6' by Far East Movement. Even though it wasn't the first time they performed the song together but because whenever they performed at different location, the stage design is different so every performance has a different walking route, therefore the need to be precise with the timing in order not to mess up the whole performance.

 

Kris being the taller out of the three, was taking his time to move to the central stage where the stage will be elevated into the midair where they will be doing a short dance choreography together. Amber had to hurry him to his designated spot.

 

Then why did you take your own sweet time to walk to your designated spot? You know how dangerous it could be if you didn't step in on time? Did you know how worried I was?” her voice sounding desperate and her hands kept fidgeting continuously.

 

Kris was feeling guilty at how he made her worried yet at the same time he was really touched by the reason behind her anger. It was not because of the aesthetic of the performance that matters to her, it was him that she was showing concerns of and that is all that matters to him.

 

While the stage was elevated midair and they were doing a small choreography somewhere, Kris danced to the wrong side and he danced towards Amber facing her directly with only a distance almost enough to kiss her. He then smiled back at her like an idiot contrary to his cold city image he had to portray as part of the image the agency has designated for him.

 

We had done this so many times! How could you still dance to the wrong direction?!” Amber let our another huge sigh in disbelief.

 

Kris kept quiet. His hands began gripping Amber's hand with much strength. He looked at her grimly deep in thought.

 

Amber. I'm sorry. I... nevermind...” he stops abruptly.

 

Amber sensing something is amiss. She knew Kris well enough to determine if he was hiding something or not. At the back of her mind, something tugs her to find out what is going through his mind before she totally lost him. She decides to query further. “Kris. I know you. You are hiding something from me. I'm asking you, would you tell me what is wrong? Please?” Her turn to look back at him with pleading eyes.

 

Kris and Amber have been dating for a couple of months and even though they were not the typical affectionate couple like the others, the two often shared their thoughts and their lives pretty well much to the envy of others. They were dubbed the intellectual yet idiotic couple much to the chagrin of the two. Even so, they were like best friends, soul mates and perhaps partners in crime. Sometimes, the two would just find a bench somewhere in the park or cafeteria and talk to each other for the entire day without doing anything unlike typical couples who goes for movie dates or dinner dates. Those two doesn't exactly follow the typical dating trends as they truly enjoy each others presence very much.

 

Do you really want to know that much?” Kris asks her carefully.

 

Yes. Very MUCH!” Amber assures him.

 

Don't be mad at me okay?” Kris asks again.

 

I won't. I promise. Need more assurance?” Amber asks seriously.

 

Yes. I need more assurance. Please?”

 

Amber looked at her lover in exasperation and brushed her nose against his lovingly as this action has gradually developed into their way of assuring each other.

 

Well its just that you know we have many fans shipping us yeah?”

 

Ye.”

 

And I'm actually glad that it has been sailing pretty smoothly since I do not need to have any inhibitions interacting with you on stage or anywhere else. It seems like they are approving us even though we have not publicize our relationship yet.”

 

And? So?” Amber still not getting what Kris was trying to say.

 

Well... But recently the ship seems to be dying... and that probably attributes to you tweeting and weibo-ing things related to Henry. Even though I know you two has nothing to do with each other, somehow the ship seems to be going strong.”

 

And?” Amber is starting to understand where he is coming from.

 

And... I am just trying to revive the Krisber ship.”

 

Amber couldn't hold back her laughter and laughed for a good two minutes. She is amused at how her boyfriend could be so ridiculously adorable when he is jealous. She stopped laughing after a while and brought her gaze to his eyes with intensity. Kris feeling awkward at his own childishness looked down in embarrassment. Amber places her two hands on his cheeks and brought his head up. She brought her face closer to his and as their lips were about to touch, Amber pinched his two cheeks.

 

You're the cutest and the most adorable man ever!”

 

And that left the man in front of her blushing furiously.