Two years after two years after two years after two years....

Krisber drabbles/one-shot

Ahhh... Here I am sitting in the office alone... Working in a cool Saturday morning can be such a pain the neck. Ruffling through the paperworks and scanning through the computers doesn't help the situation I'm in. What a torture! Two more hours and I'm off and and and... I'm going to meet her!

It seems like we've known each other forever however we have not met each other for... Seven years. She has been out in the states for seven freaking years!

Our parents were friends during their freshmen years in university and they made a pact to meet every other two years after they graduate. So after we were born, they still meet up. That is when we first met each other. 

I was two and she was an infant. How cute! She was such a cute little baby even though I was a baby myself. Her bright sparkling eyes and her chubby little cheeks were irresistable. What a cute little doll.

I was four and she was two. I started mixing around with our neighbors kids and running around was our forte. One afternoon, her parents brought her over. Standing timidly beside her father, she looked adorable. Her eyes sparkles like a star in the night sky and her hair reached her shoulders. She was clinging on to her father's legs, cautious of the foreign surroundings. Her parent migrate to the states right after she was born. I reach out my hands and looks at her intently with a pair of sincere eyes showing no signs of contempt. She took it and thats where it all started. The butterflies in my stomach.

I was six and she was four. I was preparing to enter elementary school and the excitement grew all over me. I had a lot of fun getting to know my new friends and new phase of life in school. Everything else was so interesting till my parents had to dragged me back home after playing too much outdoors with my new friends. Just after a week after school started, my mom waited outside our school gate with a little girl holding on to my mom's hand. The familiar strange feeling of butterflies in my stomach came over me once again. The little girl smiled at me and my rebellious attempt to hang out with my new friends immediately dissipated. 

I was eight and she was six. This year, they came over in Christmas. As she grew taller and stronger every other two years, our parents allowed us to run around the parks and the nearby streets around our place. The night before, I promised to build a snowman for her. She looked up to me in awe and I felt a sense of satisfaction. I made a promise to her that whatever she wants, I will give it to her. She smiles back and gave me a big hug. Taken aback, I thought, 'Is this what they do in America?'. The next day, we walked hand in hand heading to the park and we built our first snowman together. She was so elated and gave me a really big hug and followed by a peck on my left cheek. The butterflies grew and this time round, my face was boiling red.

I was ten and she was eight. It was a short trip as her granny passed away. Even though she lived poles apart from her granny, they remained close to each other as she often paid her visits in the states. This is also the first time I did not get to see her heartwarming smiles. This is the first time I see her in tears. Her tears are like pearl drops sliding down her skin. She looks so beautiful and sad at the same time. The butterflies remains in my stomach however this time round, my heart wrench at the sight of her crying.

I was twelve and she was ten. I was preparing for middle school and the idea of leaving my current friends made me totally depressed. Having to transition to another phase in my life wasn't something I was looking forward to. Knowing that it is inevitable, I bid farewell to all my friends on my graduation and walked to the school gates solemnly in tears. At a distance, I saw a little girl waving towards me. As I walked nearer to her, she held out her hands and pressed both her thumbs on my cheeks for a while. I looked at her in confusion and she smiled at me before saying, "Don't worry, if even though you might not see them again, you'll see me again after another two years... I'll always be there for you!" This time round, the butterflies went rampage as all my emotions becomes unstable as I enveloped her into a big hug, "Appreciates it. Thank you!"

I was fourteen and she was twelve. I started growing taller and joined the school basketball team. Everything begins changing and so do I. My height, my built, my voice and most visibly, my looks. I never really realized I was handsome looking in other's eye till I started receiving love letters and confession almost every other day from the girls in my school and the girls from other schools too. Initially, the feeling of being loved was good when the numbers were low. But as the numbers grew, it was a total disaster. I decided to be fair and rejected everyone of them. Slowly, I became aloof and distant to all the people around me except for a few male buddies. Strangely, by a twist of fate, the cold and distant feeling I tried to protrayed actually did not work out the way I wanted. I became even more popular. This one afternoon, I was training basketball as usual ignoring all the crazy chants by all my fan girls, I noticed a familiar petite frame staring at me intensely. I turned around and lunged towards the presence I know so well, "You're here! I miss you!" and gave her a big tight hug right in front of a disbelieving crowd. The butterflies never stop growing and this time round, I couldn't stop gasping at how she is starting to grow into a beautiful young girl.

I was sixteen and she was fourteen. I was always amazed at how persistent our parents were on meeting up every two years. Obviously I was happy with the idea but I don't know if she feels the same too. We grew up together and now I'm already in my first year of high school.  As usual, my popularity hasn't wane a bit and it expanded further out due to our winning streaks in the basketball tournaments. Over the years, due to the personalitly I portray in order to avoid uneccesary situations, I've grown so attached to this personality. It has become part of me and no longer a pretense. However, there is always an exception and the exception is her. I was competing in the inter-high school tournaments and focused on my game as usual till someone sitting at the podium caught my eye. This time round, her hair was no longer long and she was sporting a short slick cut. She was wearing something like a tight skinny jeans and a huge basketball jersey over here revealing her collarbones and her shoulders. Overwhelmed with her new look, I stood there lost in thoughts for a mere five seconds before my coach yelled at me, "WHAT THE HECK ARE YOU DOING!". I was yelling inside my head too, "WHAT HAPPENED!". However, the strange butterflies did not stop rampaging my stomach for her, instead it went wilder than before as I couldn't help but gasped at how mature and y she has grown up to. No longer in frilly dresses and girly locks, she has transformed to a fine teenage girl.

I was eighteen and she was sixteen. This was the last time we met. I was preparing to enter university and she has started her high school. Its funny how fate has decreed that we always meet at the end and beginning of our each transitions. She never fails to amazes me with her changes and her presence. However this time round, I had taken for granted that we'll meeting in another two years time not realizing the little girl here has all grown up along with circle of friends too. I thought I would give it a miss in spending more time with her like I used to since I felt that university majors determines my future. I was preparing for law school. Little did I know, she misunderstood my intentions and thought I was growing distant. I didn't realize her disappointment till the day she was about to depart from the airport. I managed to squeeze time out to see her off with the idea that I'll naturally see her soon. She gave me a big hug before walking towards the departure gate with tears flowing down her cheek. I looked at her in confusion and my the butterflies in my stomach was replaced with a tug in my heart. Somehow fear came over me as I realized something is amiss. I ran over to stop her and hugged her from behind hoping it will salvage any misgivings. She then placed a dragon pendant on my palm and says, "I'll miss you." before entering the gates. 

Now, I'm twenty five and she is twenty three. Ever since the last parting, each passing year is a torture. I thought she had left for good as she hasn't come back once ever since. A month ago, she called to inform she's heading back to Korea and now after recapping this for the past two hours, I can't wait to see her again. Of course, after all these years of hiatus, how could I not feel any rage or feelings of disappointment.

However she left a text message this morning on my mobile, 

To : Kris

Kris, I just want to let you know I'll be there for you always... to love you. I'll be back for good.

Amber

***

when i started this fic, i was realling working and was counting down to go home. It was two hours when i started writing and it ended two hours later which means i'm leaving my office now~ enjoy the story.. love krisber pair...