Confession Time

Park Chanyeol's Guide to Perfect Confession

The first time Park Chanyeol had tried to confess to Byun Baekhyun, he had been totally wasted and feeling pretty damned sure about the smaller boy and his feelings for him. After consuming more shots than he had ever before in his life, all the warm smiles and casual greeting the boy had given him during the two years they had known each other, had turned into so much more.
  He had already concluded that he was in love with the boy from the very first time he had met him but he had never acteed upon it, since he knew for a fact that the other most DEFINITELY didn't feel the same way. He had been more than ready to sit and love Baekhyun from afar for the rest of his cruel, miserable life but, it seemed that after too many shots, he had somehow convinced himself that Baekhyun loved him too.
  So, high off life and drunk off alcohol, he had reportedly staggered over to Baekhyun's table, grabbed the boy by the back of his shirt and pulled him in for an embarrassingly sloppy kiss, all the while before, shouting and screaming declarations of love to the high heavens. According to that Taemin look alike (What was his name again? Jaejin? Jonhyun? Jumanji?) Baekhyun had pulled away to the sounds of the other trainees laughing and had run off crying, leaving Chanyeol passed out and completely wasted on the floor.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The second time Park Chanyeol had tried to confess to Byun Baekhyun, they had just debuted under a new group called Exo and they were taking part in a photo shoot. By this time, a few years had passed since the incident, and the two boys had become best friends. Baekhyun had never brought up what had happened and, well, it wasn't as if Chanyeol remembered it anyway, but it was all he could do in his power to keep that little weasel Jongin to keep his mouth shut about the whole thing. It must be payback for calling him a Taemin wanna be all these years but, nonetheless, he didn't want anyone ruining what little chance he may have with his love.
  The photoshoot was to take place outdoors where three of the members were to display the perfect "boy next door" look. They had travelled to a countryside beach and had just completed Baekhyun's last set of solo shots involving him in a nearby field. Chanyeol didn't think he could look anymore perfect. It was quite overwhelming, really, and so it was with good intentions that Chanyeol set out to find something that could maybe, just maybe, help express to the boy how beautiful he really was to him.
  When Chanyeol had presented the freshly picked sunflower to Baekhyun, it had so much more meaning behind it than any other flower. The sunflower symbolised Chayeol's want...no...need...for him to be the sun of Baekhyun's world. The only one he looked at and what brightened his blossoming world always.
  Baekhyun had accepted the flower graciously, with reddening under the expectant boy's grinning visage and held the flower closer to his face in an attempt to hide the prominent blush on his cheeks. It had come as a great surprise to everyone when a very riled up bee had unfairly exacted its revenge upon Baekhyun for disturbing it's resting place by stinging him in the closest available flesh. His nose. For the next week, Baekhyun went around followed by incessant Rudolph jokes thrown at him by the merciless maknae line (Chanyeol swore he was going to murder Jongin) while he mentally killed Chanyeol with his glare every. Single. Time. That had to be the most Chanyeol had ever apologized in his life.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The third time Park Chanyeol had tried to confess to Byun Baekhyun, he had found inspiration in his sunbaenims* and personal favourite idols, Super Junior. So inspired was he by the special relationship that the famous Hanchul couple had shared that he had decided that he was going to resurrect the OTP in himsef and Baekhyun.
  The Happy Virus was damned pleased of himself for causing the look of complete and utterly blank shock on the vocalist's face when he was greeted home one afternoon. When he opened the door of the dorm, he was  surprised by the sight of the taller boy down on one knee near to the door, dressed like Prince Charming himself and holding a glass slipper that just so happened to be in his shoe size.
  "Baekhyun," the kneeling boy stated and waited for the other's nervous nod of confirmation, "If I become your Prince Charming, will you be my Cinderella?" Chanyeol held the biggest grin on his face as Baekhyun blushed, rolled his eyes and replied, trying his best to hide his smiled replied with mock seriousness, " Unlike you and Lay-hyung, I don't do drag." He had walked off leaving a shocked Chanyeol with a laughing Jongin (Chanyeol swore he was just using the couple as a source of entertainment) and climbed into his bed, he trying to supress the blush and spazz attack he wanted so badly to have. He could not contain his feels. Baekhyun kept the glass slipper.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The fourth time Park Chanyeol had tried to confess to Byun Baekhyun, he was getting desperate and, after consultation with Jongin (the boy had managed to nail Lee Taemin. He had to have some sort of merit, right?) had read and researched so many pick-up lines on the internet that he probably could have written a book in the other boy's honour, which might have worked instead.
  The two were having lunch on one of their rare free days, away from schedules and pestering groupmates. Chanyeol was quite contented with their little date so far. Well, date for him, lunch for Baekhyun. He loved how comfortable they felt around each other and the way he was able to make Baekhyun laugh so hard that his cheeks rose high,high, so high that his eyes were forced close. That killer eye smile that had noonas swooning. Him laughing at something Chanyeol said meant that Baekhyun's undivided attention was on him even if it was only for a few minutes. If he was able to make Baekhyun smile like that for every few minutes that he was graced with his attention, well then, Chanyeol didn't mind dying from heart failure anyway.
  Chanyeol saw the perfect opportunity for one of his new pick-up lines when Baekhyun decided that he was going to the bathrom to check his precious eyeliner. As he moved to get up from his seat, Chanyeol stopped him with a look and a sit down motion with his hand. Baekhyun complied and looked at him questioningly. Chanyeol  smirked inwardly. He was playing right into his hands.
  "Where are you going?" the boy asked nonchalantly, eyes sweeping the other boy's figure,"You always look perfect, except for your lips," with this he leaned across the table to decrease the space between them, "They're not touching mine." He delivered the line with a final wink before leaning back ino his chair.
  The result was instantaneous as the blood rushed to Baekhyun's cheeks and he threw his head back against his chair and let out the loudest laugh of the day yet. He wiped away imaginary tears, cheeks still stained red and replied cheekily, "And the fans call me the greasy one?" Chanyeol grinned, delighted that he had found something that he could use to make Baekhyun laugh whole still expressing his feelings albeit a cheesy and round about way. The banter quickly turned into a competition to see which of the two could deliver the most pick up lines.
  "Do you have a BandAid? I just scraped my knee falling for you." Chanyeol grinned as Baekhyun snorted at the stupidity of the line. He opened his mout to reply when he was interrupted by a loud squealing sound. Both boys looked up the see a pretty girl about their age digging into her purse for something. They looked at each other confused but before they could voice this, they were interrupted again when the girl shoved a piece of paper into Chanyeol's hand and smiled in the sweetest way possible.
  "I would love to go on a date with you Chanyeol-oppa. Pick me up at eight?" with a final wink and an exaggerated swish of her hips, she skipped off to join her friends who were all having panic attacks on the other side of the street. They glanced down at the paper in his hand where she had quickly scribbled an address, phone number and her name, Yuki. Baekhyun blinked down at the paper while Chanyeol laughed nervously.
  "Well I guess I'm going out tonight." Baekhyun's head snapped up to the sheepish face of the boy across from him. He was actually going to go on a date with this girl? Chanyeol just couldn't understand why Baekhyun didn't speak to him for the rest of the week or why when he got home that night, the door to their room had been locked forcing the tall boy to sleep on the cold couch with not even a blanket to keep him warm during the night.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The fifth and last time Park Chanyeol confessed to Byun Baekhyun, he had had it with the snide comments from Jongin and all the knowing looks he received from all the other members anytime he and Baekhyun were near each other. He was tired of the sleepless nights he spent just lying on his bed listening to his roomate's steady breathing. He needed a plan. A fool proof plan. No more beating around the bush or dancing around the facts. Park Chanyeol had fallen for Byun Baekhyun. Hard. And he was going to continue falling until he had either hit rock bottom or found a foothold and work himself up. So as he drifted to sleep to Baekhyun's adorable light snoring sounds, Park Chanyeol devised a plan.
  Exo had finished promotions for their album and had a few days off of schedules. The couple were more than happy to just stay at home and watch T.V while eating ice cream. They were enjoying reruns of old variety shows and laughing together at their fellow idols. Chaneyol had noticed that Baekhyun's laughter was getting more raucous with each bite of ice cream he took. Perfect. Chanyeol smirked as he poked Baekhyun in the ribs, causing the boy to erupt into a fit of giggles.
  "Hey Baekhyun hyung~" Chanyeol sang out while tickling the shorter boy, "Wanna play a game?" Bekhyun sat up in a flash and nodded his head eagerly, seeming rather puppy-like in his actions. Chanyeol resisted the urge to pinch his cheeks and instead handed him a flash card with a clue written on it. Baekhyun looked at it inquisitevely and back up at Chanyeol. "Each clue," Chanyeol went on to explain, "leads to another and another and another until you find all the clues which will ultimately lead to your prize." Baekhyun's face brightened at the mention of a prize.
  "What's the prize? What's the prize?" Baekhyun bounced in his seat. Chanyeol placed a placating hand on his shoulder while flashing his trademark grin.
  "That's a surprise. Now go follow the instructions on the card!" he sent the hyperactive boy away with a slight shove off the couch. For the rest of the day, Chanyeol sat on the couch watching in amusement as Baekhyun bounced from room to room of the dorm trying his best to figure out the hidden clues and follow the instructions to the best of his ability. This really was too amusing to the taller boy, Baekhyun really was too much like a puppy. 
  "Fourty-eight...fourty-nine...fifty! Chanyeol-ah! Are you sitting on another clue or am I all done now? Can i get my prize now? Please, please, pretty pretty please!" Chanyeol smirked at the boy's enthusiasm and nodded his head.
  "Sure you can have your prize now Baekhyun." he replied brightly. Baekhyun's eyes lit up with glee as he leaned forward expectantly.
  "Well what is it?" he pressed impatiently, moving forward to try to intimidate Chanyeol with his new found height. Chanyeol looked at him seriously for a second before taking the other boy's hand and pulling him onto his lap in a smooth, swift motion. Baekhyun landed with an undignified squeak and put his hands on Chanyeol's chest, slightly pushing, to create some distance between them. He opened his mouth to protest when he saw the heated look in Chanyeol's eyes. Chanyeol smirked at the blush that spread like wildfire on Baekhyun's face. Leaning in, he chuckled deeply into the boy's ear, feeling another shudder run through him and whispered heatedly... 
  "Me."