Past and the present: Jealousy, love and hate

It Started With A Love Letter

 

Another morning came, I saw Kai with his new friends, see how he managed to gain his title as “Mr. Popular” in just a day! So here’s the same scene again its just like déjàvu: he was there laughing with his friends, girls around checking him out and me admiring him all over again, I don’t know how long I’ve been staring at him when Kai suddenly snapped me out of my daydream

“Ya!”

“H-huh?” I stuttered

“Are you falling for me again? Am I that handsome?” he smiled

“Psh you wish! And why are you so full of your self? You’re sick!” I turned away from him and started to head to my class, OUR class to be exact.

“Why are you being a ?” he asked

I gasped and turned to look at him I placed my hands on my hips and my eye brow raised I sighed in disbelief

“Ha! Wh- ya! Did you just call me a… ?”

He nodded in response

I bit my lips and closed my eyes as I arch my head “Ya! You know what? Why don’t you stop following me?”

He smirked “oh, don’t think that way I’m just a diligent student who attends his classes and not ditching it and sleeping in the library instead”

Suddenly it hit me, he was reminding me if what happened 3 years ago, but how did he know that I was in the library that day? Never mind. I slid my hand in my side pocket and took a coin.

“Here” I handed to him

“What the hell will I do to it?” he raised his brow at me

“Pay someone to talk to you” I rolled my eyes and went inside the room.  I turned to face him once again only to find him playing with it which looks somehow cute “and…” I added, he looked up to me “if you have nothing better to do, just go upstairs and there in the rooftop just jump and get lost” I said coldly

He just smirked and walked up to me he hunched his back and curled a hair behind my ear “Lee _______, you’ve gotten prettier but you’re still the same Lee _________ I met 3 years ago, the same Lee _________who have fallen for me and the same Lee __________ who wrote that love letter and placed it in my locker, nothing changed, not a little” then he smiled at me again before taking his seat.

I didn’t sleep the whole class; instead, I was up thinking what Kai had just said earlier, how did he knew me when I was an” invisible girl”? It really disturbs me. I can feel him steal glances at me once in a while making me very conscious of my self; I was busy scribbling at the back of my notebook while deciphering every word and actions he made earlier.

When the bell rang for lunch break I slowly arranged my things still all quiet, I let my friends take their lunch first saying that I have something else to do, he was fixing his things also while looking at me. I was all silent and out of myself I looked at him.

“What?”

He shook his head and so I went back to fixing my things and  went out afterwards.

I was hanging out with some of the guys laughing with him and all that, it really took Kai off my mind for a while that’s why I didn’t notice that one of the guy has his arms slung over my shoulders, Kai pass with his group of friends and the canteen went all loud again, but he stopped right in front of us, just then I felt the weight on my shoulder and shook it off.

“I’m sorry” he mumbled, but I didn’t dare to reply

I’m not implying something I just don’t want to give him the wrong idea, he gave me one of his looks and it says it all: he’s mad. But why on earth he’ll get ad at me? I don’t know.

“Hey” the guy called Kris snapped “are we going to eat or not”

He smiled at him before heading towards the table, is it because of it? Is he jealous? But he doesn’t like me does he? It bothered me the whole time.

 

When I headed back to class I found him sitting on his table along with his friends, laughing… and making fun of me

“Dear Kai, Lets just say I’m one of your classmate well yeah I was invisible so I was just reminding you” I hear him say and then everyone burst into laughter. My eyes widened with what I heard, he was clearly saying word per word, everything that was written inside the letter I gave him 3 years ago. I wanted to stop him and beat him up but I just couldn’t I felt myself frozen on the spot his laughter faded after seeing me standing beside the door, tears starting to swell from my eyes.

“Hey ________-ah I didn’t know you liked Kai before” my classmate said

“Yeah, and what’s with the invisible thing? That was hilarious” they all laughed but me and Kai just stared into each other’s eyes pretending that there’s no one in the room but us. And for the second time I was humiliated, all because of him, the person I love, I hate to admit it but I love him.

“I never loved a guy who humiliates me, I never loved a jerk. NEVER” I said piercing a hateful look in his eyes