BaekYeol

His Favourite Visitor

 

He wakes up to a pair of familiar eyes, the only eyes he sees. They are the only eyes that see the world, the world that he himself cannot explore. New stories are told so that memories aren’t. Memories that fade to a stretched white in his arms are the ones he dreads the most. Chanyeol doesn’t want to remember those.

“I went to the park today.” Soft spoken and curling upon his chest, Chanyeol wonders if the definition of ‘perfect’ is more than what’s pressing against his heart. He can’t. Baekhyun loves Chanyeol and he knows that. Smaller fingers intertwine into his until they trace upon the soft padding of his palms onto the rougher ones just at the tips of his fingers. A half-hearted smile loomed on Chanyeol’s face and Baekhyun knows. And so he smiles, too.

Chanyeol wishes he could go to the park. He wants to feel the warmth his little angel feels. The stories that exit out of his lovely visitor’s mouth – he wants to make some of his own.

“When are you coming out of here?” Baekhyun’s body stiffens as he rolls up the obstruction between him and Chanyeol’s nightmares with heavy eyes and a dull mouth.

“I don’t know.” A question asked everyday but hardly answered with words. Silences were normal. But either way Baekhyun walks out with no added knowledge. The soft little hands circle onto Chanyeol’s arms and eventually holding them up to a humming sensation. He chuckles, but it rather sounds awkward in the air around them.

“I wish I could make them disappear.” The boy speaks to himself as he pulls away. “Because no one as perfect as you deserves to have these marks.” Chanyeol feels the softest touches on his arm, a little moist but not very. Sweet butterfly kisses planted along his arm, soft and supple. The kisses that are felt upon his lips are now used to heal the past. A wetter feeling falls upon Chanyeol’s arm and he exactly knows what it is. Kisses started to get more intense. A wince escaped into the empty air surrounding them.

“Please don’t.” Chanyeol’s voice broke into a whisper as he tries to pull back.

“Why isn’t it working.” A cry went through Chanyeol and lodged into the back of his throat. Teeth graze against his arm as he felt the trembles of his angel on his chest. Hard sobbing filled the room in an instant followed by Baekhyun curling up tighter into his heart. With comforting hands, Chanyeol treis but it doesn’t seem to lead him anywhere. Nothing hurts him more than to see his Baekhyun cry. But the only thing that can make him stop crying is impossible to obtain. At least to him it was.

“Please don’t do this to yourself. I love you.” A broken voice box says with strain. Chanyeol kisses into his hair and lets his waterfall run, seeping through the soft, brown locks.

“I love you, too.” The response gives a little to none curl upon Chanyeol’s lips. But he knows it’s the most he’s smiled all week. He wants to promise the world to him, to explore and discover side by side. But he can’t. Chanyeol can’t even promise to himself so what makes him think he can to other people?

The eyes of the boy that holds his word is now clouded with tears and so his eyes tear up just as much. Wrapping him in his arms, he tries and tries. But he just can’t. Chanyeol can’t even promise himself to get better.

Sushes and ‘It’s okay’s whispered into Baekhyun’s ear, but he feels as though they are temporary and so he grips onto his love’s shirt. Broken Chanyeol hasn’t always been broken. The sad part is it’s the only Chanyeol Baekhyun has ever known. But right now Chanyeol wonders if Baekhyun is as broken as him. He hopes not.

Their hearts close and beating. It’s always been Chanyeol’s favorite song. It was sign of life, just when his wasn’t even called ‘life’ at all. A smile twitches but it never reaches his eyes as he softly rubs the side of Baekhyun’s face, letting him burry into him even further.

His heart is beating the way he wants it to right now.

But he’s afraid it might be temporary.