Part Three

100 Days with Yifan

Despite knowing that he was now in a mutually acknowledged relationship since an hour ago, Zitao still couldn’t bring himself to initiate conversation, or even keep it flowing past one worded answers.

The minutes that they spent together mainly consisted of the sounds of cutlery clinking, as well as the occasional tentative contact of eyes.

 

“Does the steak taste alright?” Yifan had asked once they were down to the last few bites.

 

Zitao nodded before murmuring a “yeah” with a fork in between his lips.

 

He was oblivious to the fact that that small gesture made the other mentally gush at the cuteness. Yifan didn’t mind the minimal amount of verbal communication going on; he was still basking in the sheer fact that Zitao had actually liked him too.

 

Besides, there was plenty more time in future for them to improve their communication and understanding skills.

 

After having the plates cleared to be replaced by slices of cake – Zitao mentally reminded himself to one day tell Yifan that he liked eating straight from the actual cake itself, a full conversation finally flowed between them.

Perhaps it was due to the presence of the cake that elated Zitao and increased his confidence.

 

“I know this might sound creepy,” Zitao started after spooning a chunk of cake into his mouth, letting the sweet taste make him forget about all his anxieties, “but I remember seeing you buying a bouquet of pink roses about a week ago…”

 

“Oh I was out picking flowers for this surprise occasion.” The flower next to Zitao did not look like a pink rose though. Yifan noticed this mismatch of information, “but the meaning of pink roses didn’t convey what I wanted to say, I realised. So I took it upon myself to research flower meanings and changed it to a daffodil.” He then set his fork on his plate, eyes trained on the lone flower across the table, brows furrowing, “My friend at picking flowers.”

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

Yifan and Chanyeol were high school friends who coincidentally attended the same university.

 

For two years Yifan hadn’t seen his happy-go-lucky friend, because Chanyeol moved back to his hometown for sixth form. Of course they kept in touch; Chanyeol pretty much told Yifan everything that happened to him on a daily basis through Facebook messages and random texts. How he bumped into old friends, how boring his lessons were and how he met childhood crush again.

 

But there was one thing that Chanyeol hadn’t mentioned.

Not that Yifan back then would’ve cared much.

 

Chanyeol was dating his childhood crush, Baekhyun.

 

“Hey Chan-” Yifan rounded the corner of a shelf in the library after having seen his auburn haired friend dashing out from one shelf to another.  He didn’t expect to see a tangle of limbs before him.

 “-oh.”

 

There was a squeak before Chanyeol was pushed onto the floor, revealing a dishevelled brown haired boy who hurriedly turned around to face the wall, cursing under his breath.

 

“Uh- hey Yifan.” Chanyeol smiled dumbly from the floor, acting as if he hadn’t been making out with another guy a moment ago.

 

Yifan knew from his high school days that the other was infatuated with his childhood friend, a boy called Baekhyun. The main reason why Chanyeol opted to return back to his hometown for sixth form was because of the said boy, but he never mentioned that he successfully got himself into a relationship with him.

And most importantly, when Baekhyun peeled himself away from the wall to reveal his face, Yifan realised that he was Zitao’s flatmate.

 

After moments of hushed bickering between the couple, Yifan was told to keep his mouth shut about their relationship.

 

 

The blonde found himself consulting to Chanyeol about his failing relationship on the phone weeks later. He never thought that he would one day talk to Chanyeol about relationship problems, of all people, Chanyeol.

The guy who was hopelessly in love with his childhood crush.

The guy who looked nothing like a relationship expert.

The guy who looked like he would get dumped after a week.

But no, Chanyeol had been dating Baekhyun for months. And on top of that, managed to get the childhood crush to fall for him also.

 

“So, I like someone and-”

 

“It’s that Chinese kid called Zitao isn’t it?”

 

“How did you-”

 

“I noticed you staring at him a lot during orientation day. And come on, you’ve been having lunch with him almost every day.”

 

“Was I that obvious? Did he notice?”

 

Chanyeol laughed, “So what’s the problem?”

 

In solution to Yifan’s problem, that Zitao may be losing interest, Chanyeol came up with a 50 days celebration plan. Corny and clichéd, but apparently it works.

 

“It’s all the rage in Korea, and I know that your boyfriend likes Korean dramas.” Yifan raised a brow at that, interested as to why and how Chanyeol managed to obtain that piece of information, “Baekhyun complains all the time about hearing him screaming at his bloody laptop screen from the other side of the wall. Anyway, it’s bound to work because people who like those sappy dramas are ers for this kind of stuff, trust me.”

 

Yifan’s trust in Chanyeol faltered the very next day when the latter came over to his house to show him how to cook a ‘proper’ dinner. Because I’ve been taking classes, he said.

Chanyeol managed to set the fire alarm off within minutes.

 

 

* * * * *

 

 

Whilst feeling a tad offended that Baekhyun had never told him that he was dating Yifan’s friend, Zitao noticed a pink gift box situated upon a distant table behind the blonde.

 

“What’s that?” Zitao nodded at the box.

 

Yifan didn’t have to look to know what Zitao was looking at.

 

“J-Just something that someone yesterday accidentally left in the bar,” he busied himself by taking another slice of cake onto his plate.

 

Zitao’s eyes squinted, “it has my name on the tag...”

 

Yifan wanted to kill Chanyeol at that very moment.

 

“Er…”

 

The younger slowly slid out of his chair, curious over the mysterious gift that had the other flustered and panicked. Maybe Yifan was embarrassed of the gift. Maybe the gift was something just as corny as the whole occasion, not that he would’ve minded, this sort of stuff was his guilty pleasure.

 

Another thing to tell Yifan in near future.

 

Meanwhile Yifan remained in his seat, anxious, gripping onto the fork in his hands, unsure whether he should get up and stop him or make a run for it.

He should’ve trashed that gift box, but he forgot.

 

“Zitao loves full fat cake, chocolate dipped strawberries, and anything with leopard prints on it.” Chanyeol spoke energetically as he pushed himself through the kitchen doors earlier that night. They were Zitao facts that Yifan had already known. “I see you got the cake down but you don’t have a gift! What a shame. But don’t worry, I got you covered!” The overenthusiastic boy winked before pushing a pink gift box into his hands to then dash out of the bar, laughing.

 

Zitao found himself looking at a bottle of chocolate flavoured lube, strawberry condoms, and a leopard print thong after opening the gift box, “oh, er-”

 

“IT WASN’T ME, IT WAS CHANYEOL.”

 

 

 

 


 

Hahahahahha.

What is preparing for a potential future job and uni work.

What is getting ready for bed for a 10am lecture the very next day.

What is completing a main story before writing side stories.

OTL

 

This chapter was pretty sloppy.

IDK.

In case you guys are confused about the timing of the fic or are sceptical whether everything actually fitted into 50/100 days or not refer to this:

  • 14th Sep: Orientation day (day they first saw each other)
  • 3rd Nov: House party and start of ‘relationship’
  • 5th Nov: Yifan invites Zitao for lunch, but is rejected
  • 12th Nov: Taoris lunch date
  • 20th Nov: Cinema
  • 4th Dec: Thorpe Park
  • 23rd Dec: 100 days since first meeting. 50 days since ‘relationship’ happened.

Becauseiactuallywonderedaboutthataswellanddecidedtoplanthedatesthingoutbeforeicompletedpart2hahahahahah

 

Here’s Baekyeol’s side story: But is Attraction Love?

And here’s a social networking platform where you can pester me for updates (because I get lonely on there sometimes).