Chapter 15

Try To Be Home

“Why are you acting like this?” you demanded as he slammed the door after getting into his car. “Acting like what?” he asked, not looking at you but straight in front instead. “Like a jerk!” you exclaimed, quickly buckling your seatbelt before he slammed on the gas pedal. “Because we’re going to be late to the rehearsal dinner for Hyorin,” he replied. You could tell from his tone that he was trying to get a hold of himself.

“What if I don’t want to go?” you asked, glaring straight ahead. You were tired of being used like this, but you were always afraid to bring it up because then you wouldn’t have an excuse to be with him. However, your temper was boiling now so the filter was gone.

“What?” he asked, glancing at you before returning his attention to the road. “What if I don’t want to be your fake girlfriend anymore?” you asked, your tone lessening with every word that slipped out of your mouth. There was a long pause before he said in a voice that was almost a whisper, “We will discuss this after the dinner.”

“So you’re putting it off.”

“I can’t do this right now,” he said, exasperated, “Let me finish stressing out about this stupid dinner before you add more to my life. Let’s just get through this first… For now, just pretend to like me.” You turned, wanting to argue with the last part of the sentence, but he parked and got out of the car before you could really make your case. You really would have to wait till after the dinner to “discuss” this.

You tried your best to be pleasant during the dinner, but every few seconds you would glance at Seunghyun. He was ignoring you and giving all of his attention to Hyorin who was giggling and leaning against the man you assumed was her fiancé. You sighed before taking another sip of grape juice. It at least looked a little like the wine everyone else was drinking.

You glared at Seunghyun’s glass as he took a sip. No question for him today. You reached into your pocket to grab your phone when it suddenly began to vibrate. You looked at the name and smiled when you noticed it was Jonghyun’s. “I have to take this,” you whispered to Seunghyun even though he probably wouldn’t have cared anyways.

“Yeobseyo?” you answered once you exited the restaurant’s door. “Ah, since you picked up I guess it didn’t go well?” he asked with dogs barking in the background. “You’re still at the shop?” you asked.

“Don’t distract from the previous question.”

“Right now I’m at the rehearsal dinner for the girl he’s actually in love with.”

“And she’s getting married to…?”

“Some other guy.”

“I see,” there was a pause, “You still have a chance though. You laughed and it came out in puffs of smoke. It really was too cold for the conversation to continue much more, but you didn’t really want to go back inside either. “I don’t have a chance with him.”

“Why do you say that?”

“He’s never getting over her,” you replied before turning to look inside the restaurant. From here, you could see the table everyone was sitting at. You scanned the people and almost immediately found Seunghyun. He was staring straight at you, looking not just a little annoyed. “You won’t know until you try,” Jonghyun advised.

“I’m kind of afraid to try,” you whispered, unable to break eye contact with Seunghyun. Luckily, Hyorin grabbed his arm, causing him to break first. “Quit being such a wimp and tell the guy. Trust me, he looks a little slow, you’ll have to spell it out.”

“You’re so sweet,” you said as sarcastically as possible. “I know, now go back to your dinner. Claim what’s rightfully yours! Fighting!” he exclaimed before hanging up on you. You sighed before putting your phone back in your pocket and walking back inside. You sat down next to Seunghyun. “Who was that?” he asked, before picking up his wine glass and downing the rest of the contents.

“Jonghyun, and you don’t need any more of that,” you said before switching your glass with his. “Why did he call?”

“Why do you want to know?” Instead of answering, he glared at you before returning his attention on the blushing bride-to-be. You rolled your eyes and began counting down until you could leave. Once you were finally back in Seunghyun’s car, your immediate command was, “Take me home.”

“No.”

“What?”

“We’re going to talk,” he said before starting up the car again. “I have to feed Sophie!” you exclaimed, but you really had no power here. “She can wait a few minutes,” he replied before driving off to who knows where; you certainly didn’t.

  

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

sorry that this took so long but i just finished with finals and they required pretty much all of my attention

anyways, hoep ya'll enjoyed!