Chapter 3

Letters

Chapter III


It was mail-day.

Kris sat at the kitchen table, his jasmine tea by his side, pensive and excited. As soon as Luhan dumped the usual bag of letters on the counter, Kris rummaged for the letter, not aware of his frantic behaviour catching Luhan’s attention.

“Well, you’re excited, hmm,” he drawled.

There it was! Right at the bottom of the bag. Kris grasped at the plain envelope and pulled it out in victory.

“Helloooo, earth to Kris!”

“Hmmm?” he looked at the light haired boy standing across the counter, only noticing him then.

“Who’s the letter from? You looked like you were searching for it,” said Luhan, eyes narrowed in suspicion. “You haven’t been replying to a letter right? You know all our lives will be laid to ruin if any one of us does that.”

Kris sighed in irritation, “Of course I do, Han. I’m not stupid enough to get us all into trouble.”

“Then what’s that letter about?”

“It’s nothing; I’ll tell you when I’m sure of a few things. When I’m ready.”

Luhan scrutinized his face for a few more moments before leaving him to his own devices.

Well that was close. He’d still have to tell him about the letter though. Luhan was not suspicious. Not that he blamed him; he would be too in his place.

Kris proceeded to tear the envelope open and take out the same crisp white paper. His hand unconsciously rested on his left jeans pocket, feeling for the previous week’s letter.

 

Dear Kris,

                   How are you? I watched on of your performances on those music shows. You did well, all of you did. But, I wish your company wouldn’t over-work your group so much that you have to resort to lip-syncing. It’s disappointing. I’m sorry, I don’t mean it as an insult. You don’t have much say in any matter do you? It always seems that way.

Take a lot of rest, though I don’t think you can considering your schedule. Exo will be performing in Indonesia right? I hope your concert goes well. I wish I could be there to watch all of you. All of the Best.

 

Well, that was……..short. Something was wrong. Something terribly wrong must’ve happened. Kris was worried – an emotion he did not expect to feel. After all, all of the things she said, they’re not true….right?