Good Night

It's Cozy Under the Blankets

It was a hot summer night, but it was always hot in the summertime though. I happened to wake up at one o’clock in the morning. The sun wasn’t up yet, but it sure did feel like it was. Lying in the bed was lonely because Myungsoo still hadn’t come back. The side he slept on was still smoothed out. I bit my lip as I spread my arm across his side. When will you come back to me? I closed my eyes, hoping that sleep would overtake me. Unfortunately, it didn’t. I kept my eyes closed, wishing that Myungsoo was here with me. I guess someone did hear me.

The apartment door unlocked, and I could hear footsteps. They were recognizable, and they belonged to no other than Myungsoo. My eyes were still closed when he came into the bedroom. The bed squeaked as he sat down. I felt his hand make its way through my hair. Myungsoo my cheek as he let out a sigh. I wonder if anything is bothering him. He pulled the thin sheet up as he slipped underneath beside me. He kissed my forehead, and I shut my eyes tightly. Myungsoo put his arms around me. Ha, he thinks I’m sleeping. My face was squished into his neck. I breathed in through my nose. He smells like sweat, I laughed in my head. I moved slowly and stretched my neck up to look at him. Myungsoo’s eyes were misty. He closed his eyes slowly, and I thought that he went to sleep. Instead, he looked down at me and met my open eyes. His eyes widened before he chuckled.

“Were you awake this whole time?” Myungsoo asked. I nodded slightly as he laughed. The rims of his eyes were moist.

“Is something wrong, Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo shook his head as he smiled down at me.

“I’m just tired,” Myungsoo sighed. His expression softened, but he looked a bit sad. “Actually,” he whispered, “I’ve just been missing you.” I continued to look up at him as his eyes met mine. I blinked slowly. “I’m always looking forward to getting back home just to see you. That’s something that helps me get through the day.” Myungsoo sighed again. He rubbed my back slowly. His fingers would trace something out. It was only then did I realize that Myungsoo was only in his shorts and wife beater. I closed my eyes and breathed in his scent. Myungsoo’s hand went up my shirt onto my . His hand was hot, leaving a trail of a burning sensation wherever it touched. He pulled me in closer. I buried my head into his neck as I wrapped my hand around his neck. Myungsoo continued, “The only times I have with you are at night.”

I laughed, “You make it sound so bad.” I placed my hand on his chest and lightly tapped my fingers against it. Slowly, a smile spread across my face as I heard Myungsoo laugh as well.

“No, it’s not that, but I just want to share even more times with you,” Myungsoo said sweetly. I patted his chest softly. “I want to go out and eat ice cream or go to the movies or the park together! I love you, but sometimes I feel like such a lousy boyfriend. I don’t think I’m doing well at this!” Myungsoo buried his face in my hair.

“Hey, Myungsoo, don’t beat yourself up because of something like that. You’re doing such a wonderful job loving me. No one is perfect, but you’re perfect to me,” I reassured him. “You’re everything I wished for and more! Myungsoo, I love you, too! And don’t forget that!”

I suddenly became embarrassed by what I said. I hid my face in his chest and clenched his shirt in a fist. Myungsoo’s hands were still caressing my back.

“Are you sure that I’m everything you want? Because you’re my everything now, too. And everything is perfect the way it is right now,” Myungsoo softly confessed. He’s so cute. “Am I really your first boyfriend?”

I bit my lip and answered, “Yeah. Haven’t I told you this already?” I touched Myungsoo’s fair skin on his neck. He moved, so that we were looking into each other’s eyes.

“I know. I just can’t believe that an amazing girl like you has never had a boyfriend before me. Besides, I have you all to myself now. We can share all of our firsts together. We’ve already had our first kiss, our first date…and then…” he trailed off. Myungsoo’s hands were still my back as he leaned in closer. “You can be my first in bed,” he purred with a deep voice.

My eyes widened. “Yah!” I yelled. I slapped his chest as he laughed. “It’s too early to think about that. We have to be married to do that kind of stuff,” I awkwardly told him. My eyes shifted everywhere. This is so embarrassing. I bit my lip hard. I could still feel Myungsoo’s eyes on me. He grabbed my face with his two hands and forced me to look at him. “Are you saying we should get married?” I looked into his eyes, and they looked back at me. His thumb my cheek. I gnawed at my lip as I tried not to smile.

“Of course I want to get married to you, stupid,” I softly answered, trying to pull away. Myungsoo leaned in closer. His lips softly pressed against mine. I could feel all my thoughts disappear and my heart flutter. It was sweet, though his lips were hot. With his lips still on mine, I could feel him smile. He pulled back and blinked.

“Good. I can’t propose to you right now, but consider us engaged,” Myungsoo teased. He was in high spirits. Is it because I said, “Of course?”

Curiously, I questioned, “What if we break up? What if, somehow, another fan, or some female idol comes, and you fall in love with her and stop loving me?” The smile he wore disappeared. A serious expression washed over his face. His hands pulled me closer to him.

“I will never let that happen. I’ll never stop loving you, okay? That’s a promise.” His eyes were glowing as the moonlight from the window shone. I blinked slowly. Am I dreaming? I stared at Myungsoo’s perfect face. I thought of how I fell in love with him when I first saw him. The only thing that let me see him with my own eyes was my computer screen. I thought about his confession. He fell in love with me at first sight at that fanmeet. I used to think that being in love with someone was stupid and that couples only exaggerate about their love, but now I know why. Being in love is something to brag about. The feelings Myungsoo gave me were indescribable. I felt like I was giving him all my love, but it would never be enough.

I held my pinky in front of his face. “Promise?”

Myungsoo smiled like a fool as he wrapped his pinky around mine. “I promise. We can keep that promise by getting married,” he stated with a playful tone, but he was being serious. “We can also spend that first night of being married together, you know…having fun,” he spoke with a deeper voice. My eyes widened as I smacked him. “It can definitely wait though. We still have much more to do together besides that, honey.” Myungsoo was sweet. I softly smiled as he played with my hair.

After some time, I opened my mouth. “We should go to sleep, Myungsoo.”

“Mm…”

“Myungsoo?”

Myungsoo’s eyes were closed. “Go to sleep, baby,” he whispered. I my lips and gave him a goodnight kiss on his cheek. “Good night. I love you.” His arms around me tightened.

“Good night, Myungsoo. I love you, too.”

 

A/N: Hi, I know it's not the nighttime, but I already had this finished. Just a short, simple, nighttime oneshot. I wrote this a long time ago, and I was always wondering if I could put it here on aff sometime, and I decided that it would go here :3 I hope you enjoyed it ^^ Comment below if you'd like, and don't forget to subscribe! Stay tuned :3