Chapter 7

Helix II

 

Aron’s eyes were wide open in shock as he somewhat helplessly surrendered to the pressure from Minhyun’s skilled tongue. Against his will he could feel his heart start to race and his palms get sweaty. When the speed of his breath increased, too, he finally closed his eyes and allowed himself to enjoy the persistent touch of the other one’s skinny body as the younger one made the kiss even deeper.

He had to admit that Minhyun was a great kisser and he didn’t feel the least disgusted by being pulled into it like this. Actually it was rather flattering to know that he was being desired by one of the most beautiful guys he had ever seen. And yet, he couldn’t get the thought of Minki out of his head. Poor, feeble, little Minki with the pretty eyes and doll-like lips that looked almost as if they had been painted onto his porcelain skin with the most delicate shade of pink…

His head was in a total state of chaos when Minhyun let go of him again, curling his lips in a confident little smile.

“I’m not sorry”. He rested his forehead on Aron’s, his eyes peacefully closed.

“M-Minhyunah…”
“No. Don’t say anything. I’ve waited half a year to do this, don’t spoil it…” Minhyun whispered, slowly moistening his lips. “Again, just one more time”.

“But why?”
“Because I might never get the chance again hyung”. He had opened his eyes; their faces were so close they could feel each other’s breath on their lips. “For once I shall have your full attention, even though it’s only for a few minutes… And I am not done snogging you quite yet”.

“You’re serious about this?”
“Oh, I am so serious, if this is all I get from you I want it to last for as long as I can make you put up with it”.

With those words he pressed his lips against Aron’s once more, supposing he would get the same passive and shocked reaction as before, but those expectations were completely belied when Aron started to move his own tongue against Minhyun’s, with hands seeking the younger one’s waist.

All thoughts of Minki was forced out of his head by the heat he felt when Minhyun slipped his hands under his shirt and caressed his skin, not caring about the scars they came across on their way, just as he had hoped.

He had wanted Minki in vain for too long now. No more.

Minhyun was talented enough to push away the burdens, the sorrows and the worries from his mind as he kissed him deeply, leaving behind nothing but pure bliss. And as he willingly kissed back he came to want the slender brunette, who so dearly longed for him, too.

Finally, after what seemed as an eternity, they let go of each other’s lips again, sitting forehead to forehead again. Minhyun had placed his arms around Aron’s shoulders and he was smiling with eyes as soaked as before.

“Hyung, that was fantastic!”

He was laughing softly and the sound made Aron smile, too. It was long since he had seen someone this happy.

“Was it really that great?”
“Are you kidding me? Aron, I never ever thought that I would get you to snog me! I’m so grateful”. He pulled the older boy close in a warm hug. “Thank you” he muttered silently.

“I liked it, too”.

“Y-You did?” Minhyun’s bottom lip was shivering in surprise as he pulled away to look at Aron. “Really?”
“Really. Look, I have been awfully foolish lately and I’m sorry. I never saw what was right in front of me all the time because I only focused on Minki… I know this is totally cliché and all, but if you still want me I’ll try to make this work between us, okay? Just make me forget about him…”

The almost begging tone in his selfish plea made Minhyun feel completely soft and he nodded with a determined look on his face.

“Trust me, I will make you want me. In fact, you are already starting to feel it”. He smiled and tangled his fingers in Aron’s brown hair. “Soon you’ll be looking back, wondering how you could ever long for someone else but me”.

How right he was, Aron thought as he almost immediately leaned forwards to seize Minhyun’s smiling lips again, feeling that he was about to become addicted to the touch of them. Just when he was about to suggest that they should take it a step further, his phone started to ring. For a second he imagined how wonderful it would be to ignore it and go all the way with Minhyun instead, but when he noticed that Minki was about to wake up from his sleep, too, he let go of the beauty in his arms and took out his phone.

“What is it?”

“Aron, you need to get out now! They found you!”
“What… Hold on, what are you talking about?” He rose from the chair as he realised how agitated the leader sounded.

“Solum you idiot, they found your hideout. You need to run for it before…”

The rest of the leader’s words drowned in the crash of one of the windows that shattered all over the floor after having a bullet shot through it.

“What was that?”
“They’re here, I’ve gotta go.” He hung up and forced Minhyun to the floor, too. “Whatever you do, stay down and don’t leave this room. I’ll handle this”.

The younger boy’s eyes were wide open in terror and Aron realised that he had never had to deal with anything like this before. He was terrified.

“It’ll be all right, okay?”

Another shot and the next window was crushed, too; shards of glass covered the floor.

“Look at me. I promise I’ll be back”. He kissed Minhyun one more time before running out the door, missing a series of shots by only a few centimetres.

Curling up in the corner next to Minki, Minhyun still sat as if petrified. The only thing in his mind was the burning feeling Aron’s lips had left on him and now the fear of losing it.

 

He had quickly armed himself, cursing through his breath for not having made Minki and Minhyun leave right away. His hideouts had never kept him safe for more than three days in a row, he had known he would be found eventually, so why on Earth had he hesitated to leave Yuma? And especially so shortly after having killed off the entire bunch of Solum assassins… Thinking it over, he had been way too reckless. Of course they were eager to see him dead, they wouldn’t want him to stand in the way again.

Running down the stairs, he fumbled his phone out of his pocket again and called the leader.

“How many are there?”

“Three of them. According to our information two of them have had the best training in shooting money can buy”.

“Great” he sighed sarcastically as he finally reached the ground floor. “Then I guess the last one must be good in close combat… I’ll get rid of the snipers first. Get someone out here with a car. As soon as they’re dead we need to get out of the country”.

“Copied, good luck”.

Aron left the phone inside before he slowly stepped outside, hiding in the shadows of the building, even though he knew it wouldn’t keep him safe for very long. Desperately he searched the roofs of the nearest buildings, trying to locate the one who had targeted the sixth floor. It was highly unlikely that they would be placed together and he knew that he had to be swift in his actions from the moment he started to shoot.

Finally he saw the silhouette of a hooded sniper, sitting by a window in the building next to the one he was standing by. As far as he could see he was still aiming at the room where Minki and Minhyun was hiding; he hadn’t seen him yet. Carefully he took aim and fired.

The bullet went right through the head of the assassin.

Immediately someone else fired back at him and he rushed back into the building, trying to judge from where the shots were coming. It had to be the roof of the same building. But as long as he was standing on the ground it would only be a matter of time before he got hit; the sniper wouldn’t have to move at all, just wait until he stepped out into the light of the moon to try and shoot back. He would only get one chance.

Very well…

Swallowing the insecurity in his throat he picked up a piece of wood, probably fallen out of the ceiling and as fast as he could he threw it out the door, making sure it made a lot of noise. As soon as the sniper spotted the movement he shot again, making Aron aware of his exact position. Clenching his hands he took a deep breath and ran outside again.

Raising the gun in his hand he aimed and shot at the spot of the rooftop from where the former shot had been fired, emptying the magazine at his enemy. It was only when he ran out of cartridges that he realised he was bleeding from his thigh.