She's Crazy?

Pinoc[c]hio

 

2

 

 

     "Ah, kamsamnida!" I bowed at the nice old lady and she smiled.

     "I'll look forward to that form, arasso?" Her smile made the corners of her eyes crinkle and it made me happy to see that someone was genuinely smiling. To me. She's been at least the fourth receptionist of a company or store or whatever that I've come up to today. All the others turned me down with: "I'm sorry... we have more than enough employers already" or "Sorry miss, we aren't looking for anyone...". Each and everyone (Not including the nice old lady) had the same exact look on their faces: wide eyes and breathing irregularly, stepping away like I was going to kill them. I heard a couple giggle a feet away from me and I scrunched up my nose, seeing Myungsoo flirting with a young business woman just coming into work.

     "Aish..." I rolled my eyes, feeling so angry at his actions. I've seen the dramas, movies, mangas, books! Almost each one has an arrogant, handsome man or woman, playing with someone's feelings like it didn't matter. I really hated those characters. Enough that I've even ripped a whole page because it was an arrogant’s point of view! I mean, how could such a nice sweet boy like him, turn out into some skillful, talking flirt like him??

     "I'll be late to work... But, I think missing a day is just fine." The girl giggled and inside my mind I puked till the world had to name a new lake. Disgusting... but I would so do it if it was possible. I sighed, watching them exchange words with each other, not even noticing that people had formed a circle around me as they walked by. What? Never seen that happen? I'm always avoided like that. Everyone is scared of me.

     "So..." I jumped at the sudden voice that echoed in my mind. ... The hell...? I turned my head left and right and saw no one trying to start a conversation with me. "Hey, Dako, over here." I turned around and gasped. Woohyun stood in a suit, arms crossed and smirking at me.

     "So, uh..." He tilted a bit to get a look over at Myungsoo. "How's the whole thang-a-lang going on?"

     "Thang-a... what?"

     "Never mind." He shook his head. "How's the match making doing?"

     "I dunno, why don't you asked Myungsoo?"

     "Becauseeee... If I interrupt his sweet talk with pretty face, then she'd be all over me. What'll happen then? He'd lose his chance of finding true love." I snickered.

     "True love? Is this a Disney movie?"

     "Sort of." He smiled. "Your every action is being filmed right now." I gasped again, letting it last longer than five seconds, covering my chest with wide eyes.

     "I took a shower today!" I exclaimed

     "Good, you needed one." He pinched his nose and laughed. I air in through my teeth and glared at this grim reaper idiot.

     "Are you people - things erts??"

     "Hey, hey, hey!" He snapped. "I am a God. Not a thing. You know, we take that very offensively." He tsked and I waved my hand in surrender. "And no, we're not erts... not... not all of us anyways. Puff come out." He clapped twice and puff of glitter came out of no where, surprising me. A little winged ugly thing appeared right where the glitter came.

      "Hi!" He smiled, showing uneven, sharp yellowish brown teeth. I grimaced and waved at him politely, noticing the small camera in his hands.

     "So... you've been following me all this time?" I asked him. He nodded and then I noticed people looking at our direction. My eyes widened and I looked at Woohyun. "Oh God! Everyone can see you guys!!" Woohyun only chuckled.

     "I made so they wouldn't be able to see either of us." He raised an eyebrow, waiting for a reaction. He smirked one last time and waved at me, disappearing in that cloud of smoke. I looked around and saw everyone looking at me like I was crazy. Wait, I probably did look crazy!! To everyone's eyes, I was talking to thin air!!

     "She's crazy?" I heard one say.

     "Well, she looks as if she was talking to her fellow 'friends'... She looks like-" Before that person had finished talking, I looked over at them, my hair swaying side to side. I looked at them through my hair and they backed up, terrified. I sighed. I was only going to tell them I wasn't crazy... I put my hand up to get their attention and they only let out short, low screams, walking as fast as they could to get away from me. Man. This is really the worst.

     "Hey, you know, while you got one job interview, I got like, 12 numbers." Myungsoo casually rested his arm on my shoulder and I  pushed him off angrily.

     "Yah." My mouth twitched into a growl. "Stop rubbing it in! God, stupid idiot." His mouth dropped in surprise.

     "What are you getting angry for? You're the stupid idiot, idiot."

     "Shut up, will you??" I glared at him, though totally unnecessary since no one can see through the thick curtain of hair in my face.

 

     “Hey! How about we get some food, huh? Treat me, huh?” He poked my rib and I growled.

     “I don’t have money, smart one!” I sighed and he made a face.

     “You didn’t have to yell.” It was quite for a few minutes as we started walking home. “So, why don’t you have money?” I rolled my eyes, saying good bye to the peace that was just there before his mouth opened to talk again.

     “Isn’t it obvious? I’ve been an orphan since I was a baby, the church near that runs the orphanage sends me enough food to eat for a few weeks until I get a job. And guess what? I have no job!” I faked a gasped, dramatically putting my hand over my mouth like they did in cheesy movies.

     “You’re not like the shy Miyoung from back then.” He shook his head. “Your always so sarcastic now and cranky. You were nicer as a little kid.” I looked up at him and frowned. What would he though made me this way? Of course I’m sarcastic and cranky… For 18 years, not once has anyone wanted to adopt me. No one wanted me and I watched as the kids I’ve lived with left one by one, two by two and new orphans came in to stay.

     What was wrong with me?

     Am I really hated by everyone so much?

     Were my parents the same way?

     Maybe.

 

 

 

 

 

Such a short chaper... But, eh, at least I updated, huh? LOL, how long has it been? Two months or something?? Tsk, tsk. Lol. But, blame it on my school -____- GAH, it's really stressing me out!! I've only been in school a month and I already have an f in math class!!! I want to go to a good college, but how can I when I can't even remember half the things my math teachers say? Every other subject is so easy, but math is the only one that's really making me pissed off!! I wish I was smart TT^TT