1

Pinoc[c]hio

     one

 

 

     I collapsed on an old creaky bed and squeezed my stuffed doll in my arms. I was just released from the Kwan Tae Orphanage just a few hours ago, because I turned the legal age of 19, when I can go off on my own. I sighed, glaring at nothing in particular and remembered my past. Ok, so maybe I was a loner... maybe my scary appearance was the problem, but I swear to God that I don't go around making people want to kill themselves... er... well, people have told me they wanted to kill themselves because I was so scary... But, that's not the point I'm making!

     Anyway, the only reason I look scary is because of my awful pin straight hair. I hate it. A lot. I hear girl's with curly or wavy hair whine about wanting to have hair like I do. Tch, at least their curly hair doesn't make them look like Sadako. Yurp. That's been my nickname since day-flipping-one. Everywhere I go, the other orphans run away screaming 'I don't want to dieeeeee'!

     I think they like to overreact. Humph.

     I raised the stuffed doll arm's length away from me and stared at it. I furrowed my eyebrows and examined the doll's face.

     Did it just wink at me??

     I shook my head, assuring myself that craziness was a side affect to being lonely. I brought the doll back to my chest and hugged it, remembering the little boy who gave it to me.

 

 

     I walked slowly over to a few girls jumping rope, afraid that, if I ran after them like yesterday, they would have thought I was going to eat them again. They saw me, widened their eyes and ran to Mother Kwanghee, the young nun who visited the orphanage and escorted the orphans to a nearby playground, which everyone was at at the moment. I sighed as I saw them hug the nun tightly, crying about Sadako coming to get them. Looking at the ground, I headed over to the empty swing set, sitting myself down on one of them. Before I knew it, I began quietly crying to myself.

     "Hey, what's wrong with you?" I looked up to see a young boy my age staring at me. I ignored him, waiting for a shrill cry and a few rounds of, 'I want my mommy!'. But, to my surprise, he didn't yell at all.

     "Yah! Don't ignore me! That's rude!" I looked up at him with a bewildered and shocked expression. I glanced over at the other kids and saw them whispering and staring at the boy in front of me.

     "You have to leave. No one likes me and no one will like you either if you talk to me..." I murmured, watching as I let my feet dig into the soft sand under me.

     "Tch! I don't care what other people think!!" The boy kneeled in front of me, not caring about his knees getting dirty. "Let's be friends, huh?" My cheeks blushed.

     "You really want to be friends?" I smiled, though, it was probably hidden with all that hair in my face.

     "Of cou-"

     "Myungsoo-ah! Say good bye, appa says we have to go home!" I whipped my head around to the pretty voice and saw a girl in a middle school uniform waving at Myungsoo.

     "Ah... that's my sister. I have to go, but you have to remember me, alright!" He grabbed my hands and forced them open, putting a medium sized doll in my hands. "Umma made this. It's supposed to be me. Use it to remember ok?" He got up and walked towards his sister.

     "Wait, are you sure I can have this??" I held the doll out towards him and he turned around, walking backwards.

     "See ya!" He yelled and ran to his sistar.

     I smiled.

     My first friend.

 

 

     "My first friend and he never freaking came back..." I rolled to my side, feeling something poking at my side. I groaned, lifting my body up a bit and looked at what it was - a spring. I grabbed my pillow and threw it there, then falling asleep.

~

     With my eyes still closed, I snuggled closer to the warmth enveloping me. For such a cheap bed, it was pretty comfortable.

     "Your skin is soft."

     What the flipping whale-

     My eyes shot open and me someone else's. A loud scream escaped my lungs and I scurried of the bed. What the hell was a stranger doing under my covers?? I grabbed the nearest thing around me and pointed at him.

     "What the hell are you doing in home?!" He slightly moved and I pointed whatever was in my hand at him again. "Burglar!!" I screamed. "How the hell did you get in here??" Scratch that. The place was cheap, he could have easily punched the front door and it would crumble into ashes. He got off the bed and I screamed again. "OMG A FREAKING ERT!!!" I turned around and face planted myself at the wall, ignoring the pain. I was too busy on the fact that I have lost my freaking innocence. I heard a chuckle and I scowled, but didn't dare turn around in fear of loosing even more of little innocence I had left. "I-I will open this window and scream really, really loud!!" I fumbled around the window sill, looking for the handle that twisted so it opened.

     "Calm down, Miyoung-ah."

     "Y-How in the freaking hell do you know my name??" I pointed the thing in my hand at him again. "You're some kind of stalker, huh??" My breathing became ragged with all the yelling I was doing. (Yes. I'm Unfit.) "Uh-uh, please don't go crazy on me like other stalkers... d-don't like confess your undying love to me and then say you have to kill me and you for us to be together-" I hit my head against the wall regrettably... I had just given him an idea...

     "I'm not a stalker. I'm not a ert. I'm not a burgular." He said. I rolled my eyes.

     "And I'm not a . What better way than to accuse a stranger - who you woke up in bed with - than a erted burglar stalker guy?? PERFECT EXPLANATION."

     "Oh, jeez, your funny." I felt myself passing to my boiling point and I turned around, forgetting that his Ring Ding Dong was dangling between his legs.

     "You..." I growled. "Get outta my damn house or I'll stab you with this..." I took a peek at my hands and my shoulders deflated. Of all the pointy objects in my room, I chose a  damn lamp. It didn't even have a bulb in it for me to smash and make it sharp. Oh well, I didn't care. There was a pole attached and that would be enough to smash his head in, right?

     I shakily pointed my 'weapon' at him again. "I will seriously hurt you." My eyes narrowed, putting on a poker face. I hoped I looked serial killer enough to scare him away. But, what he did was laugh.

     "That hairstyle is enough to scare me away. Put the lamp down and I'll explain."

     "Ohoho, no way, sir. I have heard that line in almost all the movies! When the good guy puts the weapon down, the bad guy pulls out his gun and says 'Say hello to my little friend!' and then he shoots all over the place and then every-"

     "Myungsoo. Kim Myungsoo." He smiled.

     "What, are you James Bond?" I sneered. His smile turned into a scowl.

     "Aish... I don't appreciate you're rudeness."

     "And I don't appreciate you breaking into my house !" I fired back. I cringed, realizing he was still in his birthday suit. "Cover it..." I muttered. Blushing, he swiftly grabbing a pillow and hid it.

     "So, the name doesn't ring a bell?" He asked.

     "It does. But, a lot of people have that name."

     "Do you have a lot of friends with that name?"

     "Er..." I shifted my feet and my mouth curved down. "Not.. excactly."

     "Mmm, that doll."

     "Eh? What?" Am I seriously having a sorta casual talk with this guy right now? Why did I suddenly stop freaking out??

     "That doll, that boy. Do you remember now? Because I'm seriously getting tired of throwing obvious hints at you."

     "You have a bad temper."

     "You have bad memory."

     I rolled my eyes at him, ignoring his comment. "I would never forget my first friend, if that's what you're trying to hint at." The stranger's lips curled into a smile.

     "Wow. Fantastic. I really thought you forgot about me for a second." I arched an eyebrow at him.

     "Are you telling me you're him??"

     "Yes."

     "The Myungsoo who said he wanted to be my friend??"

     "Yes."

     "The Myungsoo who gave me the doll??"

     "I think I've said yes enough." He said matter of factly. I almost dropped the lamp in excitement but, held it in.

     "Erm... wait a second, how the hell do you know where I live??" I seriously wanted to know this. If he wasn't a burglar, then he's definitely is a erted stalker. He sighed, scratching the back of his head with one hand, as if pondering about something.

     "How am I supposed to explain this to you..." He muttered to himself. "Would you believe that I'm dead and I'm possessing your doll?" My confused face froze in the air as I repeated what he said to me over and over in my mind.

     Ok... my grip to the lamp just got tighter... "... Did you escape the insane asylum and decided to take shelter here?" I asked slowly. I whipped my head out the window searching for the doctors outside asking for a 'Kim Myungsoo'. He breathed in slowly and he opened his mouth to speak. I was hoping the words 'Just kidding, I'm actually your new roommate from the orphanage'. They did say someone else was rooming in with me.

     "So you're the new roommate right?" I said, before he could say anything. I seriously wanted to believe that something crazy as me being robbed or forced to do things were going to happen to me.

     "I'm telling the truth." He said, seriousness appearing on his face.

     "Ok, you're nuts! You're crazy!" I yelped. Myungsoo rolled his eyes and looked at his right.

     "I told you it wouldn't work this way, man. I mean, just look at her. She thinks I'm a nutcase." I squinted my eyes at the nothing that Myungsoo was talking to, then raised both eyebrows at him. He's crazy... He's freaking crazy—! "Hyung- Hyung... Show yourself. I want her thinking I'm a guy who's all ed up in the head. Hyung. Just. Do. It. Hyung, your hair is fine. Aish..."

     I eyed Myungsoo with wide eyes. This is really flipping creepy. And then he continued with his rambling...

     "God, Woohyun. You look y! You look ultra y, ok?! So show your, oh so good looking face of yours and tell her I'm not crazy."

     "Alright, alright. As long as I look good." A weird, whispery voice echoed in the room. I whipped my head around, looking for the source of it. Suddenly, pinkish purple smoke appeared next to Myungsoo, spreading out. I heard coughing and saw a hand wiping away at the smoke. I backed up to the wall and saw a handsome man trying to fan away the smoke around him. I opened my mouth and gapped at the stranger standing before me.

     What the-

     "!" The new guy yelped, pulling a part of his shirt that was stained pink. "Stupid ing smoke!"

     "U..h...urh..."I pointed a finger at him, staring at Myungsoo, hinting at him that I needed an answer. "What the hell is going on??" I finally choked out. I threw my hands up in the air and let them sloppily fall to my sides, looking around the room. "A...alright... you got me.. whoever you are. Funny prank, you got me... I'm freaking out, so just come on out..." The apartment was small, and I didn't really know how a whole T. V. crew could have hidden anywhere. Maybe part time they were ninjas... they are so totally hiding in the shadows right now... right?? The new stranger ignored my acts and laughed hysterically at Myungsoo.

      "Why are you ? Bwahah!" He laughed.

      "If you haven't forgotten, Woohyun," Myungsoo rolled his eyes. "This was all part of your plan. You said she wouldn't be able to control herself and just instantly agree with me once she sees me in the ."

      "Oh. I remember now. But, haha! You do know I was joking right?"

      "Well what other choice did I have?! That was the only one you thought of! And you didn't want to do any of my plans, either!!"

      "Uhm... Myungsoo... what is... going... on?" Ok, I may have been asking someone who was most likely crazy, but at that moment, I really was relating to him. If doctors was really outside, I wonder if they'd take me away with him?

      "Really? Him appearing doesn't explain anything?" He bit both his lips and his nostril's flared. I dropped the lamp, feeling around for the window. "What are you doing?" He asked.

      "Maybe if I kill myself, I'll wake up before I hit the ground." I mumbled blankly, getting ready to twist the handle.

      "Whoa, whoa, whoa, I assure you that you're not dreaming." Myungsoo walked over to her and she held her arms out to stop him.

      "Ahp-pup-pup-pup! Back up, man. You are not coming anywhere near me without any cloths on." I said. "I won't commit suicide if you put cloths on. Right now." I was a bit demanding, but come on, I woke up next to creepy dude and I can't act that way? I mean, seriously. I need to introduce Myungsoo to a pair of pants. Myungsoo backed up and looked at Woohyun.

      "Can you do that freaky jeaky stuff and put some cloths on me?" He asked him.

      "Er, what? I can't hear you~"

      "Don't pull the Joo on me."

      "Say, 'I Kim Myungsoo, am not as good looking as Woohyun."

      "Why are you so- Ugh, whatever. I Kim Myungsoo, am not as good looking as Woohyun."

      "Good, now say,I also do not get as much ladies as my lovely hyung, Woohyun."

      Myungsoo rolled his eyes at him. "Ok. I also do not get as much ladies as my lovely hyung, Woohyun."

      "No say them together." I covered my mouth, trying not to laugh at the silly scene before me.

      "I Kim Myungsoo, am not as good looking as Woohyun. I also do not get as much ladies as my lovely hyung, Woohyun."

      "Say it with more passion and then I'll think about it."

      "Hyung!!" He screamed and Woohyun put his arms up in defeat.

      "Arasso, arasso." With the snapping of his fingers, the pink smoke from before enveloped Myungsoo in the form of cloths. After about a few seconds, the smoke turned into a jacket, shirt and pants.

      "Can I ask why the smoke is pink??" I asked them.

      "Ugh. It's because I spilled food dye in my mix. Now I have to go buy black food dye later today..."

      "Uhm, immortals eat food?"

      "We don't have to. It just taste good." Woohyun lazily looked over at the clock on the wall. "Well, my break is almost over. I have to go collect more souls." He patted Woohyun's shoulder and muttered a good luck and then saluted at me before disappearing in a cloud of that smoke again. I looked back at Myungsoo, who had thrown the pillow back on my bed. I shrugged at him and headed for the bathroom.

       "So, you believe me now?" He asked as I shut the door.

       "No. I'm waiting to wake up." I said. I heard a sigh and I the shower.

~

       Walking out of the shower, fully clothed and ready to go find a job, I stared at Myungsoo, who was watching T.V. like he owned the place. His arms spread out all over the couch and he was eating the chips I had saved for lunch. I glared at him, and then slapped myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

     Nope. I was fully awake. I looked up at the ceiling and pouted. "God, why have you put me up for this task??" Myungsoo took notice of me and stared at my hair.

     "You haven't changed." He snickered. "Why don't you get a haircut? I don't even know what you look like."

     I tried moving my hair behind my ears, but it just fell back in place. "Whatever, I'm going to go find a job."

     "Ok." He jumped up and put the chips on the coffee table, then brushed at his cloths.

     "Where do you think your going?" I asked him.

     "Coming along, duh."

     "No, you're not. You're staying here." I walked over to him and pushed his head down back onto the couch.

     "Hey, just wanted to say that, this is part of the deal. I gotta tag along with you and while that's happening, scan for the available chicks." He got up again and I groaned.

     "No."

     "You wanna die?"

     "...No." I looked at him dumbfounded. Were they going to take my soul if I didn't participate in this match maker deal?

     "Ok, then, I'm coming with you." He chuckled and headed for the door, opening it, and then closing it in my face. Scowling, I grabbed the door nob and swung it open, hitting his arm in the process. "Ow! What was that for??" I eyed him curiously.

     "Oh. Sorry. I didn't know dead people could feel..."

     "Well, this is a human body that I'm in!!" He protested. I pinched his arm and he yelped. "WHAT THE HELL!!!"

     "I thought your skin was made of fabric or whatever the doll was made with." I shrugged.

     "No! Hyung and the Life Goddess made this temporary human body for me!"

     "Quite down..." I placed an arm on his shoulder as I gave an apologetic look over at an old man, who was staring at us. "He's... he's a newbie writer... this is his plot for his first fantasy book..." The old man smiled, nodding at us and walking up the stairs.

     "You don't have an elevator??" Myungsoo asked. I shook my head.

     "This place is old... there wouldn't be an elevator." I clutched my bag and started walking down the stairs. Myungsoo followed in pursuit and grabbed my wrist.

     "What floor are we on?"

     "Eleventh."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So this is chapter one! Honestly... I don't see this fic going anywhere LOL. I'm depressed I might not even get comments TT^TT

Oh, well, I might get over it!

I hope who ever reads this fanfic likes it! ^^