Green

The Colors In My Bottle


Green.



The color of peace. It is the most popular among down-to-earth people who have a firm head on their shoulders.



~



Sehun met Lee Taemin right after he completed third grade. Taemin was the "bad boy" of the school who was more of the kid hero. He didn't listen to adults and had friends already in high school. Rumor (source being Jongin) was that his older brother Hyukjae was expelled from three different schools simply because of a glance that scared all the teachers. To girls, Taemin was eye candy that they could never have. To boys, he was the badass.



Upon their meeting, Sehun figured out that at least half of the rumors were fake. Yes, Taemin did do some not-very-smart things, but he wasn't the definition of a badass yet.



"My brother was never expelled from anywhere, we moved here for my dad's job. Hyukjae isn't stupid enough to get caught," Taemin laughed when Sehun confronted him one day.



And thus they became friends.



Sehun liked the fact that Taemin never tried to about his condition. Apparently Taemin wasn't very touchy-feely either, and preferred to talk with people instead of giving out hugs. Yes, Sehun liked that about him.



He also liked it when he and Taemin rolled up joints together. His brother Hyukjae paid them each twenty dollars to roll them on the weekends. Usually after they were done they'd steal a few and sneak into Taemin's room. It was their idea of a party.



"Making money, getting high. Life is good," Sehun laughed and inhaled the weed before passing it to his friend.



"I am so gonna do this when I get older! Imagine ecstacy or crack!" Taemin cackled and fell backwards off the bed.



"A hookah!" Sehun agreed.



"Like the caterpillar! From that one movie...hey why didn't that guy have paws? He was a caterpillar!" Taemin rolled around on the carpet and felt the vibration in his pocket. He answered with a giant grin on his face.



After a few minutes Sehun noticed the mood had changed. Taemin lay on his back and listened intently to the voice on the other line.



After a few minutes, Taemin hung up the call and faced Sehun with a grave expression.



"Chanyeol...you know, my friend, he...he got in an accident," Taemin whispered.



Sehun blinked. How...how was he supposed to react? He wasn't close with the guy. He just noticed him on the rare occasions he got the courage to sneak a glance at...



"C'mon, we need to get to the hospital!"



Taemin grabbed his friend's jacket, not his hand, and dragged him outside, not caring about the evidence in his room that would get them both in trouble. The hospital wasn't that far away, and would take about twenty minutes to run to.



But Sehun was still dizzy. He vaguely heard Hyukjae and Mrs. Lee call after them before they were suddenly a block away from the hospital.



Taemin was so worried for Chanyeol that he ran across the street in full speed. Sehun could only make out a retreating dash in front of his blurry eyes. He panicked and ran after him.



It all happened so fast.



The light must have turned green as Sehun was halfway across the street. Even for a brand new fourth grader, he was on the small side. The man in the truck couldn't see him and slammed on the gas pedal.



Sehun, still high, groaned as he was suddenly tackled to the concrete. He heard the car tires screech and people getting out. Strangely, he recognized the face in front of him.



"Are you crazy?! You could have been killed!" Baekhyun screamed in his face.



Sehun did not squirm in Baekhyun's hold. Because in Baekhyun's arms, he was safe.



_____________________



Like it???? If not tell me. Please comment!