Blue

The Colors In My Bottle

 

Blue.

It's the color of the sea. It's another name for the ocean, where mysteries and sad things reside.

~

To put it simply, Sehun is confused. Confused about life, about the world, but most of all, about himself.

And because he is so little, it makes a negative impact on his life. Why does a little boy, who has barely started kindergarten, have to be scared of something so small as the human touch?

Oh Sehun does not have the answer. He is too shy to talk with anyone. Sehun does not have friends, and that's the way it's always been.

But Sehun does have Mongu. Mongu, the ever faithful companion. Mongu, his adorable dog.

Jongin, his older brother, received the dog as a gift for his seventh birthday. However, once he saw how much Sehun loved to play with it, he collected the leash and food bowls to put them in Sehun's room. It wasn't a big deal.

But for Sehun, it was like Christmas Miracle. For the first time, he recognized a feeling of love. Of course, it's hard to see love when no one touches you, and you yourself do not want to be touched.

 Yet surprisingly, Oh Sehun's family wasn't cold to him. They never gave either of their children anything but love and the attempt to understand. Even if Sehun forbade them to give him a hug, they reached his heart in other ways. Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes, a gentle voice to read a bedtime story, and drawing pictures with him to pass the time. So Sehun wasn't scared, just confused.

Guess it was quite a shock to hear one morning, that Sehun could never see his beloved Mongu again.

"Sweetie." His mother began once her son took a seat at the breakfast table. "Mongu died, honey."

Sehun did not cry. He had a fight with his brother earlier, when Jongin didn't awknowledge him as a "big boy". And big boys didn't cry.

But as the day went on, Sehun succumbed more and more into the numbing pain inside his heart. When the teacher started scolding him for not paying attention to story time, he let everything out. His tears, his screams, all of his frustration erupted and scared all of his classmates.

So it was a big surprise when Byun Baekhyun, the boy who didn't like anyone save his best friend Park Chanyeol, came up and broke the "Sehun rule." The rule saying they couldn't touch the boy.

Byun Baekhyun went right up and hugged Oh Sehun.

It was a bad situation, to say the least. Sehun was already angry and sad, and he was in no way prepared for someone to touch him. He screamed more and thrashed about, trying to rid the scary arms from burning him alive.

Sehun jerked away and even hit Baekhyun square in the face. Even then, Baekhyun didn't let go. He rubbed Sehun's back and didn't utter a sound. Finally, the scared boy gave up thrashing and felt himself being swallowed up in the comforting color of blue, Baekhyun's shirt.

~