New Beginnings

Romancing in Hospital

Two days later in hospital

Jessica put on the clean set of a white tee and jeans prepared by Tiffany.  She examined her reflection and stared at it for the longest time. Compared to the previous day, there are at least colors added onto her porcelain face making it looked slightly radiant. She then braided her brunette hair and tucked it behind her left ear.

Finally, today is the day she will be discharged from the hospital. Ironically, she should be feeling happy that she can discharge but her heart proved otherwise, she was sad that she is going to leave the place where she had stayed for months. It is not surprise that Jessica had feels attached to the hospital bed, the familiar air she had breathe in for past months and the two kindest people whom take turns to keep her accompany.

She wondered what her life is before losing her memories, is she a woman full of dreams and aspiration? Does she have a family or not? What is she doing here in Korea? Clueless and helpless, there is not much information about her identity except knowing one fact that she is from the state.

Jessica pushed open the window panel allowing the Seoul air in; the cold breeze blew through her and brushed against her face. She looked upon the skies which is filled with fluffy clouds and admired it. The thoughts of leaving here and to start afresh with new challenges somehow frightened her but she had to stay strong just like what Jaejoong had told her.

Her worries and thoughts was temporary put aside when Tiffany cheerful voice called, ‘Jessi!’

Before Jessica could react, Tiffany jumped in and gave her a sisterly hug, “Jessi, you are finally going to be discharge today!” The ladies had bonded very well and their relationship blossom like as if they were a pair of long lost sister.

She released her and asked, ‘So Jessi, what's your plan?’

A brief silence and then a short soft sigh escaped from , ‘Honestly speaking, I don't know what my plan is. I had no memories and I –,” She paused and tears started swelling on her eye lid. She promised them not to cry and she won’t as she held her tears, swallowing in back.

Tiffany feels connected to Jessica in some ways because she lost her parent at a very young age. Although Jessica situation is different from her as she might still have her parents, she understands how helpless she is.

‘First, you need place to stay!’ Tiffany snapped her finger and smiled. Jessica loves how Tiffany is always so optimistic and cheerful, sending happy vibes to her. Her twinkling eyes smiled at her, ‘You can stay at our place until you recover your memories and find your family!’

“But I don't think it's – “

Just then, Jaejoong entered the room joining the duo.

“Hi Dr Kim,” Jessica acknowledged his presence and bowed.

“Miss Jung, how are you feeling right now?” He smiled.

“I am feeling good Dr Kim, thanks for your concern,” she returned the same smile.

 “Oppa!” Tiffany shrieked.

“Remember I told you how many times not to call me Oppa when we are in hospital?” Jaejoong creased his brows.

Tiffany poked her tongue at him as she linked her arm around Jessica, “There is no one and beside, Jessi is no outsider because she already knows our secret.” She winked playfully at Jessica which caused the latter to chuckle.

“Oh Ya! I had told Jessi that she will be staying with us and she agreed.”

“Uh – no I didn’t.” Jessica said and shook her head.

“Yes you did! Please stay with us, I got tired facing the same face every morning, every day,” Tiffany stated playfully earning a glare from Jaejoong.

Jessica stared blankly at Tiffany, she knows the two are cousin but she didn't know that they lived together. “But is it really convenient?”

“Of course!” Both Tiffany and Jaejoong said in unison.

“Gomawo! I really owe you two big times,” Jessica expressed her thanks sincerely. At least one of her worries was eased. She was so thankful that she had met these two angels.

“Come on! Let's go home!” Tiffany announced and throw Jessica bag to Jaejoong to carry. He looked at Tiffany astounded but still carried the bag and followed behind the duo to the carpark.

Just then, a beep from Tiffany pager paged. “Duty call,” she pouted sadly. “Oppa, please send Jessica back and attend to her necessities. Here’s the list I had prepared, just go according to it okay?” she instructed Jaejoong and then waved bye to them.  “I will join you guys tonight.”

Jaejoong stared in disbelief at Tiffany who had passed him a list of items he needs to get for Jessica.

“Guess we got a shopping to do first,” Jaejoong lip formed into a awkward thin line.