Dr Kim

Romancing in Hospital

“Dr Kim, she is showing some progress of waking,” Tiffany, one of the nurse panted as she barged in the room. He immediately looked up and matched his widened eyes as her. Without any more words exchanged, he grabbed his equipment and followed down with her.

He pushed opened the ICU ward door and walked towards his patient whom had been in coma for months. He gazed down to meet her eyes struggling to open, he signaled Tiffany to hand him the torch. He then shone directly into her pupils as he used his free fingers to push her eyes open. Indeed, she responded to the light flashing right into her pupils. Dr Kim then uses his stethoscope to check her heartbeat and he scribbled words in his pad.

“Dr Kim, how is she?” Tiffany asked, grasping both her hand near her chin.

“She is indeed showing some response of waking up; I believed she will be regaining her conscious soon. We must keep close tab on her from now,” Dr Kim answered with a smile.

Tiffany nodded and was glad that the patient is at least trying her best to wake up. She had taken care of her from the day she was admitted to the hospital. No one had paid her a visit up till now as no one knows who can they contact her closest kin or friend because she only had her passport with her and nothing else. All they had gathered from her was only her name ‘Jessica Jung’ from US. She must have travelled to Korea for holiday, they had assumed.

“Dr Kim, I will then attend to other patient and I will be back soon,” she informed and left. 

Dr Kim then returned his gaze back to the patient and sat down on the chair beside her.

“Jessica shi, it is me again. I know you can hear me so I want to let you know that we will not give up on you. I know you are trying your best but I want you to put all your effort into waking up. You have to fight even harder now, you are a strong girl. You have been asleep for months, isn’t it time for sleeping beauty to wake up now?” he spoke softly, almost a whisper as he brushed her hair.  He always makes time after work or his free time to talk to her, hoping she can hear his encouragement for her and eventually regained her conscious.

He still can vividly remember the day she was admitted to the hospital. She was ridden into the emergency sector with her body covered with blood and her head was bleeding profusely at that moment. She was in such a bad state; the paramedic reported that she was found in the car crash reported at a deserted street. Her chance of living was only mild 30%. He never thought of giving up on her even though the chance of recovering was so slim and even operated on her. It was a miracle to him when she had her pulse back; however, due to the serious head injury had caused her to remain unconscious. But he believed another miracle will happen too.

His pager beeped indicating an emergency which needed him. He rose from his seat and before he left, “I will come back later.”

After he left, a small trace of tears rolled down from the edge of her eyes. 

***

As mentioned before, I had deleted all chapters and I am going to rewrite / edit previously chapters with better vocabularly and plot.
Sorry for the adrupt changes. 

xoxo,
150415 <3