Chapter 23

I Don't Know

_______’s POV

 

We were both silent as we do not know what to say. I mean, what do you say to your boyfriend after telling him that you’re basically wanted to be with someone else by the residents of Korea? Certainly not, “Please give us your blessings!”. As if on cue, someone knocked on the door.

 

“I’ll get it,” I said.

 

I opened the door only to see Heechul ahjussi and twelve cute looking – uh, Exo – standing outside, looking worried and… what, exactly?

 

“Lee ______. How?” Heechul ahjussi said as he invited himself in, followed by Exo.

 

“I thought he was being friendly…”

 

“Noona, do you want me to wushu him because I’ll be glad to do that,” Zitao offered.

 

“That’s too violent. Plus, he won’t feel hurt for long. Why don’t we crush his pride by challenging him to a football match?” Luhan suggested.

 

“I AGREE WITH LUHAN!” Minseok said.

 

“Guys, let’s be rational here. Since we’re all idols, why don’t we challenge him to a sing off?” Kyungsoo suggested.

 

“I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!” Jongdae declared.

 

“Me too!” Baekhyun shouted.

 

“People, please. Dancing is the way to go,” Jongin said as he, Yixing and Sehun started an impromptu dance.

 

“Selected VIP wouldn’t it be mind-blowingly awesome if we had a rap contest instead?” Kris suggested.

 

“Ayo waddup Krees?”

 

“Chanyeol. Really?”

 

“I, Kim Joonmyun, leader of Exo-K, strongly suggest that we fight this case using proper use of words,”

 

“Yah! How is that going to solve the problem? Hurting anyone won’t solve anything,” Heechul countered. 

 

“What if we try to scare him away?”

 

Those were the first words that Sungmin spoke since the unfortunate news and I’ve got to say, I like the way he thinks. I smirked.

 

“We have Heechul oppa, Kyuhyun and Changmin. Oooh this is going to get nasty,” I said, evilly.

 

“Don’t forget that SM Town has your back,” Joonmyun said, smiling that blinding smile of his.

 

“First, they’ll have to know,” Heechul said as he texted away.

 

Half an hour later, I’m in the kitchen with Jaejoong oppa, Ryeowook oppa and Kyungsoo, preparing lunch for everyone. Voices could be heard from the living room.

 

“Yah! Kim Junsu!”

 

“Yah? Yah! Shim Changmin! I’m your hyung!”

 

“Seriously, Yixing? You want to fight Dasheen Masheen Kai here?”

 

“Ehem. Dasheen Masheen Kai? Are you seriously going to call yourself that in front of dancing machine Taemin?”

 

“You can have that title, Taemin-ah since I’m King of Dance Hyukjae,”

 

“You can have that title Hyukjae since I’m God of Dance, U-Know Yunho,”

 

“Would you like aloe vera for your burn, Sirs?” Jinki said before tripping on air and falling straight into Jongdae’s arms.

 

“I know you’re infatuated with me, hyung but must you really make it that apparent?”

 

“Yah! Kim Jongdae! Are you flirting with Jinki hyung?” Minseok asked.

 

Jongdae dramatically gasped.

 

“Baozi! How can you accuse me of such treason? If I were to flirt, I’d only flirt with you,”

 

“GET A ROOM, GUYS!” Heechul shouted.

 

“Come on, Hwang!” Taeyeon said as she dragged Tiffany towards the door.

 

“Guys, we’ll be back soon!” Taeyeon shouted, leaving all of her members dumfounded.

 

“Dork leader strikes again,” Yuri mumbled.

 

“More like Byuntae strikes again. She’s definitely going to do something to Tiffany,” Yoona said.

 

“They see me rollin’~ They hatin’~” Hyoyeon sang as she beat Seohyun to a classic game of rock, paper and scissors.

 

“How do you roll?” Seohyun asked.

 

“Roll like a buffalo!” Sooyoung said.

 

“Henry oppa, how’s your song going?” Luna asked.

 

“I have no idea for the lyrics. I’m trapped. Wait! That could be the next line! Thanks Luna!” Henry exclaimed as he jotted down the lyrics.

 

“What…” Krystal said.

 

“In the world…” Amber continued.

 

“Just happened?” Victoria finished.

 

“Guys! Let’s sing our own songs to kill the time,” Jonghyun suggested.

 

“Sure!” Kibum said, going with the flow.

 

“HER WHISPER IS THE LUCIFER!”

 

“I GOT YOU UNDER MY SKIN!”

 

“Y, FREE AND SINGLE I’M READY TOO BINGO!”

 

“I GOT A BOY MEOTCHIN!”

 

“YOU’RE THE ONLY ONE!”

 

“KEURAE OOLF NAEGA OOLF AWOOOOO AH THARANGHAEYO!”

 

The room went silent.

 

“… Is that even your song? How come we’ve never heard of it.. unless…” Heechul ahjussi trailed off.

 

“EXO’S COMING BACK?!” I shouted from the kitchen.

 

Cue falling pots and a girl hugging the life out of the nearest Exo member, which is poor Do Kyungsoo. I would have criticised her… if the girl wasn’t me.

 

“Ehem,” Voiced the ers – I mean, Sungmin and Jongin.

 

“Let this fangirl have her moment,” I said, pulling away from Kyungsoo and wiping away an imaginary tear.

 

“So, when’s your comeback?” I asked, after several minutes of spazzing.

 

“Early June,” Joonmyun answered.

 

“EARLY JUNE?! THAT’S MONTHS AWAY!”

 

“… Guys? Lunch is ready~” Jaejoong oppa sang.

 

All of us took our share and went back to the living room since the kitchen is too small for us.

 

“Luhan ge, can you please get some mayonnaise for me? Bbuing bbuing~” Sehun said.

 

Falling for Sehun’s charms, Luhan went to the kitchen and took the mayonnaise.

 

“Listen, enjoy the mayo,” Luhan said.

 

“Alright…?” Sehun said.

 

Ding dong.

 

“I’ll get it,” I said.

 

“_______-ah!”

 

“Jiyong oppa! Seunghyun oppa! Youngbae oppa! Daesung oppa! Seunghyun!” I exclaimed.

 

“Why does noona greet them with more enthusiasm?” Minho grumbled.

 

“Be jealous,” Seunghyun said.

 

“Come on in, gu- oh! Taeyeon, Tiffany, where have you been?”

 

“We were supposed to go the park because Taeyeon said she left her cap there but we ended up going somewhere else,”

 

“Now that everyone’s here, let’s start!” Youngwoon oppa said.

 

“Is Jungsoo oppa, Kibum oppa, Jongwoon oppa and Hangeng ge on the phone?” I asked.

 

“PRESENT!” Said people shouted.

 

Heechul ahjussi was about to start his rant when the doorbell rang.

 

Weird. Everyone’s here…

 

“I’ll… get it?” I said as I headed towards the door.

 

“________-ah!”

 

Oh. My. God.

 

“Jonghyun, what are you doing here?!”

 

“Came to visit,” He said as he invited himself in.

 

He was met by Boa, DBSK, Super Junior, Bigbang, SHINee, SNSD, f(x) and Exo, looking at him intently.

 

“Hi?”

 

No one answered him.

 

This is entertaining.

 

“What do you want?” Yunho oppa snapped.

 

“Are you even invited?” Yoochun oppa joined.

 

“Can’t you see that we are in the middle of something?” Junsu oppa said.

 

“Isn’t it rude to crash one’s party?” Jaejoong oppa spat.

 

“Will you be taking your leave now?” Changmin asked.

 

“Or would you like me to you out the door?” Kyuhyun continued.

 

My love for these people could not be expressed in words.

 

“Do I need permission to visit my friend?” He countered.

 

It was silent once again.

 

“Is that how you talk to your senior?” Boa said.

 

“You do realise that everyone here except for Exo and f(x) are your seniors, right?” Jiyong oppa said.

 

“And you’re implying…?” Jonghyun said, losing his patience.

 

“You do realise that you’re talking to SM Town, leaders of the hallyu wave and YG Entertainment’s biggest money maker, right?” Jinki voiced out.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“This brat,” Jungsoo oppa said.

 

“You won’t be on top forever, you know?”

 

“Yeah but we will still be remembered. Besides, we have SHINee, f(x) and Exo and they’re currently dominating the charts,” Heechul countered.

 

“And I should be worried because…?”

 

Hangeng gege let out a strong of curses that could only be understood by the Chinese speakers.

 

“Gosh, ge. Didn’t know you had it in you,” Kyuhyun joked.

 

“Of course you wouldn’t know, Cho. Wannabe know-it-all,”

 

“What is your problem?” Sungmin said.

 

“I have none. What’s your problem? Oh wait, that’s right. I just stole your girlfriend,” He said as he smirked.

 

“Oh look at the time. I have to go. Don’t miss me. Especially you, sweetheart,” He said as he kissed my cheek and left the dorm.

 

“Let me guess. This meeting has something to do with the Jonghyun and _______ couple, right?” Changmin said.

 

“Yeah. We don’t want the company to force her to ditch Sungmin and date that jerk for publicity’s sake, right?”

 

“Aye!”

 

“We’ll just have to scare him away, make sure he doesn’t go near ______,”

 

“And how do we do that, hyung?” Kyuhyun asked.

 

“Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! You’re not the evil maknae for nothing, okay? Since he has a big ego, let’s crush it to pieces. Make sure he experiences hell,” Heechul ahjussi said.

 

“And we do that by….?” Yoochun oppa started.

 

“By… humiliating him on national broadcast using our skills!” Changmin finished.

 

“But that will require both of us to be on variety shows,” Jungsoo oppa pointed out.

 

“Fortunately, that jerk’s going to be on Radio Star,” Kyuhyun grinned evilly.

 

“Can I humiliate him by using wushu on him?”

 

“Can we have a football match against him?”

 

“A sing off?”

 

“A dance off?” Jongin suggested as he, Yixing and Sehun burst out random dance moves, again.

 

“Rap contest?”

 

“Great idea guys! But how are you going to pull it off?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“Let’s start with Exo. Boa unnie, can you convince Soo Man sunbaenim to let Exo on the next episode of my variety show? Let’s all pretend that we’re very close to Jonghyun. Since it’s not scripted, I’ll try to let you guys do what you want. Let’s get all of SM Town and Bigbang to guest on it,” I suggested.

 

“I’m actually looking forward for that episode to air,” Sungmin said.

 

“I can convince YG to let YG Family on that variety show,” Seunghyun said as he twirled his pen.

 

“I’m actually pretty close to JYP. No, screw that. I’m close to everyone!”

 

“It’s settled, then. Operation: Destroy Jonghyun begins!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N: Huhuhu some love for Exo :3 They ruining mah life. I mean, Super Junior <3 has already destroyed my life but of course, DBSK5 decides to do that too.. and now Exo?! /cries/ There's a part in the story when Jonghyun was being rude to them and they kept bringing up 'we debuted first' 'we're older' etc. etc, right? In Korea, seniority is a big deal. You have to show utmost respect to your seniors (in school, workplace, etc) So, yeah. Being disrespectful to someone who debuted 8 years (BoA) before is definitely a huge no no. Hope it's clear? love you guys~ <3 xoxo <3