♪♬A Sad Melody♬♪

A Sad Melody

Hearing you play the violin, my heart skips a beat. When I hear you sing, I can't help but smile. In this beautiful world we live in, I only have one wish, that is to hear you play the violin one last time, before I leave. After that, I could leave happliy and with no regrets. Even just one last time and I'll be happy.

My name is Mia, and I'm 18 years old. I love hearing Henry Lau play the violin. I just wish I could see him play. Yes, I am blind. But, I see, I see with my heart. But, I don't have any time left. The doctors found out that my heart had a hole. I'll be dying soon. They didn't tell me when, but I knew when. I only have a week left to live. I'm not sad or anything. In fact, I'm pretty satisfied. I have done everything I have wanted to do. But, I want to hear him play. I want to hear Henry play one last time. But, I now that will never happen.

Six days left. Today, me and my family are going to a beach. Not that I could see it, I could hear the waves and smell the fresh air. I'm very happy with just that. My sister, Maya, who is younger than me by a minute is sitting beside me. Holding me tight. We're twins but I was the one who received the illness. I don't want her to be sick. I'd rather die than see her sick or in pain. Maya is a very beautiful, talented and smart girl. I know she has high dreams. All I wish for is for her to achieve them. 

"Unnie, what's wrong?" Maya said.

"Maya, promise me, take care of mama and papa. Take care of yourself. Achieve your dreams. Even when I'm gone." I said.

"You're not going to die unnie." She retorded back.

"I will Maya, soon. But, I will still be here. In your hearts forever." I smiled and looked up the sky as she held on to me tighter. Unlike most people, I'm not scared to die. Rather, I'm happy. With this, I will be free. With this, I will be away from harm. With this, I could look over my loved ones.

Five days left. Today, we are in a restaurant. An Italian one. I was sitting beside my mother and father. I was listening to them talk. They were talking about how delicious the food here was. Although I couldn't see it, I could feel the sad expression of my parents. My mother kept stealing glances at me.

"I'm just going to the restroom." I excused my way and stood up. I knew this restaurant well and the staff knew me. I didn't have any problems in going to places. As I was on my way to the comfort room, I bumped into a guy.

"I'm sorry. Are you okay?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm fine." I replied.

"Okay then, I'll be going." He said. His voice was awfully familiar but I couldn't put it. I couldn't remember where I have heard his voice. Shrugging it off, I went to the restroom.

Four days left. Today, we're seeing Father Lee. I call him father since I used to spend my childhood with him. My mother didn't tell me why were we in his office. We rarely went to his office. Until now, I still don't know what Father Lee does. They all said he's a manager of a company and that's it. Me and my sister were sent out because the three of them had something important to talk about.

"Maya, do you know what they're talking about?" I asked.

"No unnie, why?" She replied.

"Nothing really." I answered.

It took them about 10 minutes to finish their conversation. When I was about to ask what did they talk about, they would just drop the question and talk about something else. Why were they hiding something from me?

Three days left. Today, we're just at home. Mom was baking, dad was reading a book while Maya was eating a cake. I was in my room. I felt things that was placed on my desk. A thick and heavy book caught my interest. I traced the letters with my finger. It was my middle school yearbook. Yeah, I went to middle school. I only attended a year though since I became blind. I remember, there was this boy who confessed to me the day before I left the school. I can't remember his face clearly. He told me he liked me. I just smiled at him and said I can't accept his feelings. He smiled and said he would wait. What would he wait for? I'm going to die in two days. I do hope that boy finds the person he loves. My heart belongs to one person and one person only. You might call me crazy, but I love Henry. I love hearing him play the violin. I never had a boyfriend before. One, I was too young. Two, when I came to right age, I found out I was dying in a week's time.

Two days left. Today, me and my mother are out shopping. I'm not really much of a shopper. But she insisted and said that she wants me to wear a dress. I hate dresses. Yes. I'm not much of a girly girl so I really didn't wear dresses or skirts. We went to this boutique called 'Melody.' Well, at least that was what my mom said. My mom led me to a chair while she looks for a dress. She finally found one and bought my size. We then went home. This was how usual shoppings of us happen. I just sit and wait for them to finish. I don't even know what they bought for me until the time they tell me to wear it. That's the time they tell me how it looks like. 

Last day. Today is my last day. We're on our way to a theatre. I was wearing the dress mom bought for me yesterday. [The dress: http://f.fashion4us.com/images/fashion/detail/1mil/1hun/7ten/9000/68620b.jpg ] [You: http://http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9228/haneul.jpg ] I kept asking them why were we in a theatre but they kept telling me to stop asking questions.

We were now inside the theatre. There was nobody in it except us. It was too quiet. We sat down on the front seats. It was really quiet. It was also quite cold. Tonight was my last day. After this, I'll be gone. So, I'll try my best to enjoy this night.

"Welcome, ladies and gentleman. I'm Lee Soo Man. Please welcome, one of my greatest talents, Henry Lau!" A voice I recognize as Father Lee's said. I was so shocked by what he said. Did he just say Henry Lau?

"Good evening. My name is Henry Lau. Me and a friend, [Sue Son] will be performing for you tonight. I hope you all enjoy it." Henry said. Now that I think about it, he was the guy I bumped into the other day.

These were all of the pieces they performed: [I suggest you watch them all. They're all very amazing.]

Sue Son and Henry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYyJrjrb7Jw     

Henry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEcYO3ffac8

Last piece, Henry: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sVFUPNfBaq0&feature=related [this was funny and amazing]

During the second piece I was starting to get dizzy. As the last piece ended, I closed my eyes, signalling that I was leaving. The last thing I heard was:

"Mia, saranghaeyo."

_______________________________

The end. Oh, and do watch all of the videos, they're simply amazing. Henry...cia you!!