I Promise.....

Promise Me?

“Geunnie~ Geunnie~” the little girl yelled.

“Ne?” the boy answered.

“Let’s go play outside! It’s so pretty! C’mon!” She pleaded.

Yoogeun just smiled at her.

“Okay, okay, okay.”

“Yay!” Lauren excitedly jumped up and down.

Yoogeun and Lauren, the best of friends. Yoogeun is 7 years old and Lauren is 6 years old. Their parents were close, so they’d see each other basically every other day. They’d always hang out and play together no matter what.

Once they reached outside, they were already chasing after each other.

“Haha. You can’t catch me!” Lauren teased Yoogeun.

“Yes I will!” Yoogeun said as he charged towards Lauren.

“Haha. I caught you!” he laughed as he was tightly hugging Lauren in his arms.

“Aww; that’s not fair!” she pouted.

“It is fair, you’re just a slow runner.” He giggled still holding her.

“Fine. Let’s play something else!” struggling to get out of Yoogeun’s embrace.

“Okay. How about Hide and Seek?” he suggested while letting go of Lauren.

“Okay! But you’re It!” she yelled running off to hide.

Yoogeun walked towards a tree and leaned on it and started counting to 20. Lauren was running around trying to find a place to hide.

“10…11… 12…” Yoogeun slowly counted.

“Oh no. I better hurry!” Lauren thought to herself and then found she perfect spot to hide.

“Oh! I should hide by the car!” she then quietly ran to the cars that were parked on the driveway and hid there.

“20! Ready or not; here I come!” the little boy shouted as he started searching for Lauren.

He looked behind the bushes, the house, and trees. Lauren peeked around trying to see if Yoogeun was near her and while she looking around, Yoogeun sneaked behind Lauren.

“Boo!” he shouted as the little girl jumped.

“Geunnie! You scared me!” she yelled while hitting his arm.

The black-haired boy just stood there laughing while the little brown-haired girl was pouting. She furiously stomped her feet and was on her way inside the house. Little droplets were forming around her eyes, but she quickly wiped them away and kept walking.

Yoogeun stopped laughing and ran after Lauren. He caught up to her and they both stopped in the front of the doorway. Lauren was looking down at her feet, while Yoogeun was looking at his hurt best friend.

“Sorry Lauren. I didn’t mean to laugh at you.” He apologized.

Lauren looked up and gave him a small smile. Yoogeun smiled back.

“It’s okay, Geunnie. I forgive you.” She told him.

He moved closer to Lauren and hugged her and she hugged back.

___________________________

The two best friends were tired after running around so much. After that they both just went to the backyard to play on the swings. They were both swinging back and forth slowly letting the wind cool them down.

“Geunnie?” she tried getting the boy’s attention.

“Ne?” he answered.

“Can you promise me something?” She asked with a sad tone in her voice.

“What is it?” he wondered.

“Promise me that you will always be my best friend. Promise me that you’ll always stay by my side. Please don't ever leave me.”

“I promise.” The boy answered.

“Promise me the same thing, too okay?” he asked.

“I promise, too.” She smiled.

With that, they linked their pinkies together and pressed their small thumbs together. Hoping to keep that promise forever.

 


So, what did you think of my first one-shot?! :D

I hope you enjoyed reading it.

Comments would be nice.. hehhe.. ^^

You like the gif that I made for this chapter~ kekeke.. ^^
I made it on Photoscape so I couldnt watermark it, but if you do ever use, please give me credits! :)


The gif is from the Taiwanese drama, "At the Dolphin Bay."