Preview

Table For One

 

A/N this was originally going to be part of the second chapter, but it took up more space than I expected it to, so I'll be putting it up as a sort of teaser/preview while I work on the rest. Like I guessed, this story may end up being more than a two shot. I'd like to confirm that it's a three shot but... you never know. ^^; I'll try my best to not ramble off, though. At most it may be four chapters. ANYWAYS! off to the story!
-
 
 
 
 
 
 
She handed him a piece of paper the moment he walked into their family restaraunt at the time he promised he would be there, and hurriedly pushed him out. It was Sunday, and also Day 1 of their "Date Week". Every day she would take him out for a date, and every day she expected that their fun dates would either a) soften his heart up to romance, b) teach him a lesson on how to treat girls and ultimately add up to the main goal of making him desire a girlfriend. 
 
She knew he didn't enjoy the idea of this whole dating thing much at all, but she smiled at the fact that he at least put effort into choosing a nice outfit.
 
"We're not going to grab some food first?" He joked with a pout after being pushed out onto the hot sidewalk before he could even bask in the restaraunt's nice air conditioning.
 
She shoved him with a laugh. "Fat , read the schedule!" She smiled, pointing at the piece of paper at his hands. 
 
With a sigh, he unfolded the paper and grimaced after reading the big, bolded "DATE WEEK" at the top of the page before reading the rest. 
 
 
 
 
Sunday - Game!
Monday - Water! 
Tuesday - Food! 
Wednesday - Twilight! 
Thursday - Up! 
Friday - Action! 
Saturday - Food!
***just because we should end it off with something Daehyun likes most ^^ ♥ ***
 
 
 
 
Daehyun squinted his eyes at the confusing schedule, but couldn't help but smile a bit when he read that little side note of hers after Saturday's schedule. 
 
"See, food is not for today! Food is on Tuesday, and Saturday!" She exclaimed, pointing at the corresponding days on the piece of paper. 
 
"This is.... quite a vague schedule though. You don't even say exactly what we're doing or where we're going." 
 
"Well duh, I still want it to be a surprise throughout the week!" She skipped ahead of him and turned back with a wide smile. Her enthusiasm was endearing, he could give her that much. 
 
"Okay well, unveil the surprise you have for me today." Daehyun pursed his lips and awaited his fate. 
 
"Game is for game shop!" She shouted, throwing her hands up in the air like it was the best idea ever. 
 
"G-game shop?" His hopes for an amusing day dropped in a split second. 
 
"Yeah! I know guys like video games and all, so that's where we'll be going!"
 
"Can I object?"
 
"What? Why?!" She frowned, turning to look at him as they walked.
 
"I don't even like games! You must've confused me with Youngjae or something, he's the one who's always playing-"
 
"Oh come on Daehyun! Listen well. This will be my first lesson for you."
 
"What, are you my teacher now?" He groaned, looking at her with a scowl on his face. 
 
"The main point of this whole week is for experience, remember? And through experience, you'll learn! So you should expect to get some lessons!"
 
Daehyun sighed, already exhausted before their day even started. "Okay, okay. What's my first lesson?"
 
"You must please your girlfriend! You may not like something she likes, but tolerate it to an extent! If it's a tolerable activity like... going to the library, taking walks in the park, going shopping, just go along with her!"
 
"So I should do what she wants and what she enjoys, if I can tolerate it?" He sighed, summing up her explanation.  
 
"Exactly! It would make her happy." She explained with a matter-of-fact tone that irritated him to no end. 
 
"Then playing games is something you enjoy? I didn't know you liked video games..." He wondered, never remembering in their plenty of years of being best friends that he ever saw her playing a video game even once.
 
"I don't!" She replied almost immediately, shrugging. 
 
"What?! Then what's the point of going?! I don't like games either, let's just go get ice cream or-" 
 
"The fact you don't like games is even better! We can test your skills at tolerating! Pretend I like playing games and I wanted to go the game shop. Remember. You have to make your girlfriend happy." She ignored him and explained.
 
"Fine, fine, stop explaining and let's just go." He rolled his eyes and put his hands in his pockets, walking ahead of her. She scurried to his side and pulled out a page of a magazine from her pocket. 
 
"I'm sure we'll have fun, don't be so negative! I researched it, and everything!" She happily waved the page in front of him. "Alot of people say they enjoy it!" 
 
"How long have you been planning this whole week?" Daehyun scoffed, ignoring her pep talk. 
 
"Ever since you burnt your hand." She admitted, shrugging, and looking up at him. 
 
"If I knew I would be pulled into this, I probably would've let that dumb guy hit on you." He sigghed. Sadly, he knew that wasn't true. And she did too. So she smiled and continued walking. 
 
After walking down the street in silence, he gave in and put his hand out, asking for the page of the magazine she had been waving around. She placed it in his hand and grinned as he read examined it. He widened his eyes when he saw the picture of the store's exterior. He knew this store. 
 
"Ah... wh-.. what's the name of this store exactly?" He questioned, side-glancing at his best friend. He believed he must've been looking at the wrong picture. This store... was definitely not something she should be bringing him to. And it was definitely not a store she would "tolerate" either. There was no way she could be bringing him to- 
 
"." She said with an innocent smile that clearly said she thought it was just some sort of weird title for a store, and not an adjective that described out-of-the-ordinary ual behaviour.
 
He had to stop himself from bursting out in laughter. He opened his mouth to comment or ask "Do you even know what '' means?", but closed it when she began muttering to herself, saying things like "I hope we won't get lost..."
 
He replied with a thoroughly amused smile on his face. "Don't worry, we won't." 
 
He didn't have the heart to tell her he knew exactly where and what was in that shop. 
 
And he definitely didn't want to tell her that this "game" shop she was dragging to, was not the kind of "games" she thought it would be. 
 
He read the description on the magazine article. 
 
 
 
 
 
Filled with tricks, dvds, and games of all sorts 
 
You can be sure you'll find something that hits the mark 
 
Excitement, Fun, and Pleasure for everyone
 
 
 
 
Followed by the address, picture, and phone number. You'd think you'd get the hint of what kind of "games" you'd find in that sort of store after reading the title and description. But his poor best friend's poor innocent mind clearly did not realize that. 
 
With a smile, thinking that this date may be more amusing than he thought it would be, he happily bounced by her side as they continued their walk to the "game" shop. She smiled beside him, happy because she thought that he decided to be more positive. Of course, that wasn't really the case. It was one of his favourite shops anyways. He would no longer complain. 
 
And if she insisted so much, they'd just have to go, shouldn't they? 
 
It would be bad for him as her boyfriend to refuse, after all. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
-
A/N I hope it wasn't too boring of a chapter? I'll be updating sooner, or later! Thank you for reading! Comments and criticism is appreciated ^^; ♥