1 ; Final

Say Hello

 

“I lost my mind, neoreul choeummannasseulttae~”
 
BaekHyun strummed his guitar as his beautiful voice filled the air. People passing by threw dollars and coins in his guitar case, impressed with his singing.
 
BaekHyun was a high-school drop-out. He left to pursure his singing career at the age of 17, a year before graduating. He’s 19 now and lives in run-down motels and is making barely enough to get by.
 
BaekHyun finished his song and decided to take a break. He sat down and drank his water, several thoughts running through his mind.
 
“BaekHyun. Your mother and I are getting a divorce.”
 
“BaekHyun. Your girlfriend commited suicide yesterday.”
 
“BaekHyun. Someone robbed your motel room.”
 
“BaekHyun. I hope you die.”
 
“BaekHyun. BaekHyun. BaekHyun. BaekHyun.” is all he heard. He sighed and cupped his face. “Thanks, everyone… Thanks so much.”
 
**
 
He stood up and strapped on his guitar, trying to relax again. Music always relaxed him.
 
“Neoui sesangeuro yeorin barameul tago. Ne gyeoteuro eodieseo wannyago.~”
 
BaekHyun closed his eyes as he sang, blocking out every sound. All was silent for him. He couldn’t even hear himself singing, his guitar, the baby crying, the students talking, nothing. Then…
 
Clink, clink.
 
BaekHyun opened his eyes. “Uhh, T-Thank you.” He smiled.
 
In front of him stood a very tall, skinny man with dark brown, curly hair. His eyes were big and his teeth were perfect. He grinned and said, “You’re welcome. You sing amazing.” and then he left.
 
BaekHyun continued to sing but watched as the man walked away.
 
“Hmm…,” he thought, “No one has ever penetrated my silence…”
 
**
 
The next day, BaekHyun walks back to the same spot in the park and sings again, hoping to make more money and, uh, see that man again.
 
3:00pm comes around and BaekHyun gets a little aggravated. He really wanted to see that man again. He’s never seen him around before… And Cha-Mul Village is a pretty small town.
 
BaekHyun closes his eyes for the umpteenth time and keeps singing, trying to forget about this Beautiful Stranger. He goes back to his silence and relaxes again.
 
The moment he does forget…
 
Clink, clink.
 
BaekHyun opens his eyes again and smiled. “Than-.”
 
“No. Thank you. You’re voice is beautiful.”
 
The stranger smiled at BaekHyun and turned around, walking away. BaekHyun blushed as he continued to sing.
 
“Who is that man?” he thought.
 
**
 
A week goes by and the strange man comes everyday. It gets to the point that BaekHyun can’t wait for the next day to come. And he’s not as depressed anymore.
 
One day, it’s raining outside, very hard. 
 
“Dammit…”
 
Still having hope in his heart, he grabbed his hoodie and his guitar and ran outside, running to the park.
 
There’s not many people outside, and the rain is the main reason why. Store owners stare at BaekHyun as he takes out his guitar and straps it on. He waves to a couple of them and begins to sing.
 
“Neol saranghage dwaebeorin nan ije deo isang doraga goshi eobseoyo nalgaereul geodwogasyeotjyeo. Oh, no.~”
 
After a few hours, the store owners give him a few dollars for singing in the rain. BaekHyun is soaking wet now and his fingers are numb, but he stays there. Just for that man.
 
“BaekHyun. Give up. Go home. You’re not gonna get anymore money.” One of the store owners says as he drops in a couple coins.
 
Shocked, BaekHyun stops playing. Determined to stay he says, “I’m sorry, ahjussi. I don’t want any money. Or not anymore at least… You can take your coins back if you‘d like. I don’t need them.”
 
BaekHyun smiles and looks down at his guitar. He his lips and continues to strum the guitar, singing his heart out.
 
The store owner’s “O” shaped lips turn into a soft smile. He lays his hand on BaekHyun’s shoulder and says, “You’re a good boy, BaekHyun. Keep your money.”
 
**
 
BaekHyun eye smiles as he sings, the stranger’s face running through his mind. His small heart beats faster as a picture of the man smiling flashes through his eyes, making him sing louder and play better. The shop owners sit behind their booth counters and watch him in awe. A 19 year old Korean boy singing in the rain.
 
An old lady, a shop owner, walks by with an umbrella and says, “Here, BaekHyun. Take my umbrella. You’re going to catch a cold.” BaekHyun shakes his head. “Aniyo, ahjumma. I just want to sing.”
 
“For who? There’s no one here but us shop folk.”
 
“I can’t believe I’m saying this but,“ BaekHyun laughs to himself. “I’m singing for a stranger.”
 
**
 
It’s almost 5:00pm now and it’s beginning to get dark. The rain is still at it and BaekHyun is still singing, waiting for the stranger to walk by and smile. Usually, the old, depressed BaekHyun would cry and hate himself at this time of the day. But, the stranger that he’s met about eight or nine times fuels him. Everytime BaekHyun gets a feeling a doubt, the stranger runs through his mind and BaekHyun sings louder. He’s in love.
 
All the store shop owners close their doors and windows and walk home with their umbrellas.
 
“Hurry and go home, namja. It’s getting dark.”
 
BaekHyun nods and continues to sing. There’s no one in sight but that doesn’t matter to BaekHyun. He smiles and pretends to sing for that one, unique man.
 
**
 
It’s almost 7:00pm but BaekHyun is still outside singing in the loud rain. BaekHyun laughs a little as he sings as he imagines what the stranger would say when he saw BaekHyun like this.
 
BaekHyun closes his eyes for the nth time and blocks out every sound, smiling, and singing, and playing his guitar with his thin, numb fingers. His skin is cold and rough, but BaekHyun doesn’t care. All he cares about is that stranger.
 
The rain is loud but BaekHyun hears nothing but silence. He knew it was getting late but very softly, very faintly, very quietly, he swears he hears something.
 
Focusing as he sings with his dark eyes closed, he listens again to the silence.
 
 
Clink, clink.
 
BaekHyun stops his singing and playing and gasps. He slowly opens his eyes and smiles. Tears welling in the back of his eyes.
 
“Awh, why’d you stop?”
 
Behind the clear-white rain, there he stood. That one beautiful stranger that BaekHyun waited nine long hours for. His face was glowing past the gray skies and dark clouds. BaekHyun was speechless. He was so beautiful. His eyes looked kind and his smile gave BaekHyun a sense of warmth and friendliness. He held a black umbrella in left hand and a handful of coins and dollars in his left hand.
 
“Oh. These are for you.” Chuckling, he dropped his money in BaekHyun’s guitar case. “I worked overtime to give them to you.”
 
Happiness struck BaekHyun and all his tears were slowly flowing out, which was impossible to tell considering he was soaking wet in the rain.
 
“Are you cold? Here.” The man took off his jacket and put it over BaekHyun’s shoulders, covering him with his umbrella.
 
BaekHyun was shocked at how much taller he was up close. He looked up and saw that the stranger was smiling.
 
“It’s okay.” The stranger said loudly, trying to be heard over the loud rain. “People look at me like that all the time. I’m supposedly really tall, haha.”
 
BaekHyun smiled, still looking up at him.
 
“Where do you live? I’ll take you there.” The stranger looked down and said, “Oh. Here, put your guitar in the case. I’ll hold it for you.”
 
BaekHyun did as told and gave it to the stranger. “T-Thank you.”
 
They locked eyes and the stranger said, “No problem. Anything for a boy with the voice of an angel.”
 
**
 
BaekHyun held the umbrella, and walked with the stranger to his motel room. When they got there, the rain stopped.
 
“Damn. Stops as soon as we get here, huh? Heh…” He hands BaekHyun his guitar and smiles. “You take care alright?” He turns around and BaekHyun shouts, “Wait!”
 
The tall man turns around and says, “Yes?”
 
“Y-You forgot your umbrella.”
 
“Nah, you can keep it. It’s not raining anymore.”
 
BaekHyun blushes. “Thank you, uh…”
 
“Oh. Silly me. I’m Park ChanYeol.”
 
BaekHyun steps closer. “My name is BaekHyun.”
 
“Hmm… Sounds like Bacon.”
 
BaekHyun giggles. “Yes, many people call me that.”
 
“Well, I’ll see you tomorrow, Bacon.” ChanYeol steps forward and hugs BaekHyun tightly.
 
He lets go and grins. “Hope to hear your voice tomorrow.” ChanYeol turns around again and walks away, turning his head back once to wave goodbye. BaekHyun stands in front of his motel room, watching him walk away. Just before he turns the corner, BaekHyun drops his things on the ground and runs towards him. “Hey!”
 
“Ye-…”
 
BaekHyun holds ChanYeol tight in his arms and with all the strength his has in his tiny feet, stands on his tippy-toes and kisses him on the lips. By instinct, ChanYeol wraps his arms around BaekHyun’s waist and kisses him back.
 
“I’ll see you tomorrow, ChanYeol.~” and BaekHyun runs back.
 
**
 
A/N: Hello!^^ riceisnice here! :DD Did you like this BaekYeol fic? This is my first ever one-shot. Not sure if I’m good at it?? What did you all think? I sure as hell know I’m good at totally randomness judging from your comments on “365 Days without my Guardian”! lmfao >_<
Oh, by the way, that village name “Cha-Mul Village”? LOOOL. Cha means tea and Mul means water. So basically our OTP lives in Tea-Water Village XDD
I really liked this one n_n Is it weird to be a fan of your own fic? .___. XDD
So, since this is my first one-shot, can you guys PLEASEEEEE comment :3 Keke, gomawo, readers! Feel free to say your favorite part or quote or whatever n_n
Well, anyway… Have a great day, BaekYeol shippers :3 Eat a lot of Bacon & EggYeolks, okay? (^A^)/* Stay greasaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!~