CHAPTER 2: THE HOTTEST GUYS OF SEOUL UNIVERSITY

Why Should It Be You?

Monday morning, I heard the doorbell ring while I was helping Mom prepare our breakfast. Seohyun, who just finished putting on her uniform came to open the door. Of course, it was our bubbly cousin, Yoona.

YOONA: (twirling) Good morning!! (went to Mrs. Kwon and kissed her cheeks)

YURI: Wow, you are SO EARLY.

YOONA: Of course, I came to you on your first day and have breakfast here. Hehe.

SEOHYUN: Yeah, you look starved looking at the food.

MRS. KWON: Oh, sure honey. Take a seat.

YOONA: You two look good in your uniform.

MRS. KWON: Of course. where could they have followed after.

            As soon as Dad got down we all ate our breakfast. Dad sent us three to school and as soon as we got down, we were amazed at the look of our school.

YURI: Oh-my-gosh...

SEOHYUN: This is enormous.

MR. KWON: That is where your Mom and I graduated.

YOONA: And where you two will be studying from now on.

            As we entered the school building's main corridor, we heard screams from students.

STUDENT 1: Saranghaeyo, Oppa!

STUDENT 2: Marry me, Junho-oppa!

STUDENT 3: You are so handsome, Chansung-ssi!!

Seohyun and I looked at each other and later on darted at Yoona.

YURI: What was that?? It sounded like crazy fangirls screaming at idols.

SEOHYUN: What's causing all that noise?

            Yoona lead us towards the commotion.

YOONA: Can you see those six guys there? (pointing her fingers to the middle of the mob)

            Seohyun and I tiptoed so we can see to whom Yoona was referring to.

YOONA: Can you see them?

            We both nodded.

YURI: They're handsome.

            Wow, I think they are the hottest guys I've ever seen in my life. Like gods who came down to visit Earth. Even my twin seemed to be in awe when she saw them. My thoughts were suddenly cut by Yoona's voice.

YOONA: They might be good looking and rich, but those boys are totally playboys.

SEOHYUN: Jinja??

YOONA: Dae, a lot of girls have already cried over them.

YURI: That's too bad. Anyways, what are their names?

            Yoona started off with the guy wearing a black shirt and with a good timing, he took off his shades which made me take a good look at his face.

YOONA: That is Hwang Chansung. He is the son of the president of the Bank of Korea. He is the youngest in the group.

SEOHYUN: He looks decent.

YOONA: Except  that he always gets himself in a fight.

 

SEOHYUN: oh okay. Then, that is not so decent.

            Seohyun and I tiptoed so we could see to whom Yoona was referring to properly. From there, we saw who she was pointing at.

YOONA: Can you see them?

YURI: Nae…

YOONA: Handsome right?

            Of course, yeah. I have never seen anyone more handsome than them. Even my twin seemed to be in awe when she saw them. My thoughts were suddenly cut when Yoona spoke.

YOONA: They might be really, really handsome, but they are total playboys.

SEOHYUN: Jinja??

YOONA: Yes, a lot of girls have cried over them.

YURI: Aish… How could they be so cruel?  So, what are there names?

            Yoona started with the guys wearing a black shirt, with a good timing, he took his shades off which made us take a good look at his face.

YOONA: That is Hwang Chansung. He is the son of the President of the Bank of Korea and the youngest member of the group.

SEOHYUN: He looks decent.

YOONA: Except that he always gets himself in a fight.

SEOHYUN: Oh.

            I chuckled at that.

YOONA: Those guys next to him are Lee Junsu and Junho. They are the sons of the CEO of Samsung. That guy who is waving at the girls is Jang Wooyoung whose family owns the biggest line of wellness centers here in the country.

            Yoona paused for a while. The guy next to Jang Wooyoung spotted us and suddenly winked at… Yoona.

YURI: What… was… that?

            Both Seohyun and I eyed her suspiciously.

YOONA: Nothing, really. Don’t mind him.

            I still did not believe her. With that look in her eyes, I know she is keeping something from us.

YURI: Come on, cuz. Spill it out.

            Yoona sighed deeply and spoke. Seohyun and I looked at her intently.

YOONA: That guy is Taekyeon. Second generation of the Oks. Their family owns the Oks Supermalls all over the country.

            She stopped there. We waited and waited for her to add something but nothing came.

YURI: What was the wink about??

            Seohyun sniggered.

YOONA: Aish. I told you, that was nothing. Don’t mind him.

YURI: Nothing, huh? We’ll see about that. You can’t keep anything from me and Seohyun. So, who is the last guy? He doesn’t look Korean to me.

YOONA: That is Nichkhun Horvejkul. And yes, he is not Korean. He is Thai-Chinese.

SEOHYUN: You mean, Horvejkul aof the Horvejkul Group of Companies?

YOONA: Exactly. His family owns the school and he is the leader of the group. He is popularly known as the Master Casanova because of the number of girls that has cried over him. Collectively, they are called The Hottest.

            I looked at him properly and I thought that he looks familiar. His face has probably graced newspapers and magazines all over the country. Yoona continued her blabber and I eyed the six boys especially Nichkhun. Sure girls will cry over him. With those God-given looks, who wouldn’t? He must be using it to his advantage. While I kept looking at him, he suddenly turned to our side. Was it just me? Were my eyes playing with me or… did he really smile at me? Come on! How could I even believe that? For sure he does that to all girls and with so many girls standing on this side, he would not just smile deliberately at me. Surely, looking and having to deal with these guys would mean danger.

 

NICHKHUN’S POV

            I was with my Hottest brothers and another day here in school with fan girls screaming our name.

JUNHO: That’s what I like here in school. So many girls, so much time. (waving at the girls swooning at them)

            I suddenly saw three girls walking by but unlike the other girls making a fuss over our looks, these three girls were just looking at us. I was just familiar with the girl in the middle.

NICHKHUN: Taek, it’s Yoona. Over there. (pointing her with my eyes)

            Taek winked at her. The three girls continued talking.

            I looked at the other two. They didn’t look familiar to me. I have never seen them in school before. Could they be new students? They seem to be of the same age as me. I guess I could use some investigation. They are both beautiful. They look a bit alike but I found myself staring at the girl with a braided hair. I think she really isn’t someone unfamiliar to me. It felt like I saw her before. Just then, at the same time I was looking straightly at her, she also looked directly in my way. I found myself smiling at her. Don’t worry Khun. You will be able to find out who they are really, really soon, I assured myself.