CHAPTER 1: TRANSFERRING

Why Should It Be You?

 

 

YURI'S POV

            Two days... Two days from now, my family and I will be leaving Busan. Since birth, I have been living here with my mom, dad and twin sister, Seohyun. That was when my grandparents were still alive.

            We love our grandparents so much but harabeoji died of and last week, my halmeoni followed him to rest in peace. That was when Mom and Dad decided that we transfer to Seoul.

            As we were packing our bags, Seohyun told me her thoughts about transferring to Seoul.

SEOHYUN: Unnie, do you think transferring to Seoul would be okay?

YURI: I think so. You've been so bothered by that lately. Why?

SEOHYUN: I don't know. I'm just afraid we might not be able to blend in.

YURI: Don't worry. (I took her hand) We will help each other out. Besides, cousin Yoona is there for us. You know we don't leave each other, right?

SEOHYUN: (getting teary eyed) Yeah. Oh gosh, we haven't left yet but I'm already missing Busan.

YURI: Same here, sis. Same here.

 

SEOHYUN'S POV

            The alarm clock sets off 4 o'clock in the morning. I opened my eyes only to realize that this was the day we leave home. I looked at my sister who was still sound asleep in her bed. I admit that Yuri unnie is stronger than I am. She can handle living in Seoul better than I can, but I still hope...

I stood up from my bed and walked to hers. I gently shook her to wake up.

SEOHYUN: Unnie, wake up. We have to get ready to leave now.

            I sensed Mom and Dad downstairs so we quickened our movements.

            When we got to the plane, I didn't realize how long we travelled, but her we are. A new place, a new life... Seoul.

 

YOONA'S POV

            Here I am in our kitchen, preparing breakfast together with my mom. Dad woke up early to fetch Uncle Yunho from the airport together with his family from Busan.

YOONA: I'm excited, Mom. I haven't seen Seohyun and Yuri for three years already.

MRS. IM: That's right. It's a good thing they are just living beside us. at least you can spend more time together.

            After two hours, we heard the sound of Dad's car. I darted to the door to welcome them.

YOONA: Yuri-ah! Seohyun-ah! Oh, I missed you two so much!

YURI: Yoona!(runs to her)

SEOHYUN: Cousin Yoona. (follows her twin) We just found out that we are going to live beside you.

YOONA: (she hugged the twins) Still our innocent Seohyun, huh? Do you still like gogumas?

YURI: Number 1 on her list.

SEOHYUN: Unnie! (pouted her lips)

            Yuri and I laughed. We headed to the kitchen and ate breakfast.

Y & S Dad: Girls, you are attending the same school as Yoona's.

YOONA: Jinja?! Oh that's great! (jumps up and down) We can spend more time together at school.

            "Ah, how could this get any better?" I thought. My cousins are going to live beside us and are also attending the same school as mine.

 

YURI'S POV

            The whole week turned out great. Seohyun seemed well-adjusted already thanks to Yoona's help.

            Another chapter opens up to us, SEOUL UNIVERSITY.