CHAPTER 3: JEALOUS

Why Should It Be You?

 

TIFFANY’S POV

            I was walking through the corridor towards the locker with my handphone on my ears. Jessica was speaking on the other line.

TIFFANY: Yes, Jess. Don’t worry. I’ll tell Chan about it.

JESSICA: Yeah, you should remind him about it, Fany. Coz if you don’t, he’ll just forget about it again and again. By the way, where are you now?

TIFFANY: I’m at my locker. Waeyo?

JESSICA: You better hurry. Something new and interesting is brewing here in our class.

TIFFANY: You know, I don’t care about anything as long as it has anything to do with Khun.

            Then it hit me.

TIFFANY: Does it have anything to do with Khun Oppa?

JESSICA: Slow girl.

Now what?! Is flirting with another girl? That girl, whoever she is, she is gonna get what she is looking for… a life of living hell.

YURI’S POV

            Yoona led us to our classroom. Good thing she is our classmate. At least it won’t be too hard to adjust to our class.

YOONA: And this is our classroom.

            A girl with a shoulder length hair came to us.

HYOYEON: Yoona-yah!

YOONA: Hyo! (hugs her friend) Oh, I want you to meet my cousins, Yuri and Soehyun.

Y & S: Annyeonghaseyo! (smile at Hyoyeon)

HYOYEON: Annyeonghaseyo. Kim Hyoyeon-imnida.

            Hyoyeon led them to their seats.

HYOYEON: Yoona texted me to reserve you two seats.

YURI: Gamsahamnida.

SEOHYUN: Gamsahamnida, Hyoyeon-ssi.

            While waiting for our class, Seohyun and I talked to Hyoyeon and Yoona. We were starting to get used to her when suddenly we heard a knock on the door. We turned to see an ahjussi standing outside.

AHJUSSHI: Good morning. May I know who are Kwon Yuri and Kwon Seohyun?

YURI: That would be us. (I raised my hand together with Seohyun)

AHJUSSHI: Please follow after me. The Young Masters want to meet you.

            I looked at Hyo and Yoona . I even saw Seohyun swallow her saliva, looking really nervous. It is obvious who the Young Masters are. But what do they want?

YURI: Young Masters? (mouthing it to Yoona)

YOONA: The Hottest?

            I gave her a “What do they want?” look. She just shrugged, not knowing what to say.

            Okay, now what? Have they found someone to play with again?

 

NICHKHUN’S POV

            I was with my friends in our own private classroom waiting for Secretary Kang to bring the two girls.

*Flashback*

            We were on vacation in Busan when I was 7 years old. Mom brought us there after she got a break from work.

            I was walking through the prairie, trying to catch the bugs I saw when I saw a girl sitting on a swing. She saw me staring at her so she went towards me.

GIRL: Annyeong! (she said smiling)

KHUN: Annyeong (that was the only Korean word I knew that time. I grew up in the States and Thailand)

GIRL: Ireumimwoyeyo?

KHUN: Huh?

GIRL: Ah, so you don’t understand. You are not Korean. (In Korean)

            So, instead of talking, we just played. I had fun with her. We just used hand signals to talk. I found myself staring at her. She was so pretty. The time came when I needed to say goodbye to her. She took a silver bracelet from her wrist and gave it to me. I looked at her with a questioning eyes and she just gave me a smile which seemed to say that it is okay, I should take the bracelet. Mr. Kang took my hand and led me to the car. I waved her goodbye with my free hand and she also did the same. As I got in the car, I looked out of the window and saw her still waving. She was shouting something.

GIRL: Kwon Yuri-imnida! Annyeong!

*End of Flashback*

            I kept looking at her school records. Kwon Yuri, the girl I met back in Busan. Here she is. So beautiful and all grown up.

WOOYOUNG: Dude, the picture will melt if you keep staring at it.

NICHKHUN: (looking dazed) Oh yeah.

JUNSU: You seem to be falling in love with the picture, Master Casanova.

CHANSUNG: Or maybe, with the real person, you say. He hasn’t even met her yet.

NICHKHUN: Shut up, Chan. There is no way I will fall in love. I just wan to meet our new students.

JUNHO: So why did you bother to call only the two of them when you want to meet the new students? You should’ve called the others, too.

TAEKYEON: Aren’t they cousins of Yoona-ssi? The ones we saw earlier. You should’ve called her, too. So unfair.

CHANSUNG: Ah, now I see. They must be such beauties, just like their cousin, that’s why you want to meet them.

            His eyes suddenly caught a glimpse of the bracelet I was wearing.

CHANSUNG: Since when did you start wearing such cheap accessories such as that?

            I was quite taken aback with that question but I just shrugged it off.

NICHKHUN: Aish, don’t mind that. It’s none of your business.

CHANSUNG: It is so unfashionable, Hyung. Really.

A knock on the door took my mind off Chansung’s irritating comments.

SECRETARY KANG: Young Master, the girls are here with me.

NICHKHUN: Come in.

            As they came in, I can’t help myself but look at her, amazed by her beauty. Her twin, even though they look the same in many ways, was the innocent beauty type. She, on the other hand, gave off a y appeal. Looking at her eyes, I realized that it was really the same eyes as the eyes that I have been looking into when we were playing 12 years ago. I found her once again.

 

TIFFANY’S POV

            I made a brisk walk to our classroom. Now, what is it again, Khun-ssi? I got a clear idea about what it could be, but hell no! Not another girl, again. As I got to our classroom, Jessica and Sunny were both eyeing me. But it was not only them. Even my other classmates were looking at me. I headed straight to Jess and Sunny, looking for explanations,

TIFFANY: What is happening here?

SUNNY: Well, we have new classmates and both are girls.

TIFFANY: So, what does it have to do with me?

JESSICA: The secretary of Nichkhun called for them saying the Young Masters wanted to meet them.

TIFFANY: Mworago?!

            Just… again! Don’t tell me another girl caught Khun’s eyes again! Why is it, that without doing anything, these girls caught MY Khun’s eyes? But, me, I already did almost anything it takes to make him mine, but to no avail. I tried to dress the way he wanted girls to dress, I cut my hair the way he wanted it, etcetera, etcetera but still, zero! Ugh! This is unbearable!

SUNNY: So, what are you planning to do?

            So, just what am I going to do? Of course, I can’t let any of these filthy girls get close to my Khun. I thought about how I could pull them away from the boys. Just then I realized what I should do. I gave Jess and Sunny a sly smile.

SUNNY: (looks at Jessica) I guess our friend here just got a brilliant idea.

JESSICA: What is it?

TIFFANY: I think I could use some help from my parents.