QUESTION #2

All About Auditions: Ask & Answer

 

 

requested by rickieflower
how does the audition process go?

 

How does the audition process go? Do you just walk in, get a number and wait your turn? Is it different for each company?

Yes, it's different for each company, an answer to your third question; but honestly they are all pretty similar. I personally attended an SM audition, the Youth Star audition last September, so I'll explain SM's style, if you were asking about a different company, they'll all be pretty similar although different (did that make sense?!) so it really doesn't matter.  For SM, you will wait in line (I waited around three to four hours OMG) until you get to the front, it takes a while so you should bring something to do, unlike me LOL. Some people get there up to even three hours before they are supposed to, so get in early if you want to leave early. You'll be allowed into the waiting room in groups of approximately ten (they don't do exceptions for friends, BTW, so don't try to beg with them for your friend who's been left out to also be accepted in) where you will fill out your details on a form, and then hand it in to receive your number. You then need to wait around half an hour until your number will be called with about twenty others (eg. if your number is 443 which was mine, you will be called up as 'numbers 440-460'), but you still have to wait more until the group before you finishes. So lots of waiting, refine your patience skills! It depends though, of course if it's a weekly audition it will be less formal and you wait less, and I think the process is easier if you attend the Global Audition.



author's note.

Hope that answered your question; if you're still confused comment what's confusing and I'll elaborate on this chapter! If you found this useful, please upvote, I'd appreciate it, and I hope you won't unsubscribe. Good luck at your audition! / NESSA OUT.