Falling Apart

Love Happens ♡

Finally the time you had been anticipating came. The doorbell rang and you went to open it. L.Joe stood at the front with his parents behind him. You bowed and greeted his parents happily. They smiled, "You must be ________." You nodded and smiled at them. L.Joe's dad smiled warmly, "When we drove here, he couldn't stop talking about you." His mom smiled and added, "You must be a wonderful girl. He's changed a lot since he met you." You nodded and thanked them for the compliments.


"__________, honey, invite them in," your dad called. "Hurry too. The food is getting cold," your mom added. You smiled and scooted over to let them in. After you closed the door, L.Joe pulled you to the side for a kiss. You pushed him away and shook your head, "Our parents are here." He pouted, "I'll make it short! Please?" You gave in to his childishness. He smiled and deeply kissed you. Short turned to long and longer before you heard your parents scream, "You?!" You broke away and L.Joe followed you into the kitchen.


Your parents stood on either side of the table, staring, no, glaring at each other. It looked like they were about to kill each other. You and L.Joe looked at each other, before you decided to step in. You went to your parents side and L.Joe to his parents. You shook your dad's arm, "Appa, you know his parents?" Your parents looked a you in disbelief, "His parents?!"


L.Joe's parents also seemed shocked. They turned to L.Joe, "She's the daughter of ________ Company?!" L.Joe looked at you for help, but you didn't even know what was happening yourself. You looked at your parents for an explanation. Your mom pulled you out of the room and peeked back I to make sure no one was paying attention to you two. Then she said, "Those are the Lees! They are the boss of Lee Company! Their the ones that made us go almost bankrupt! How can you date their son and not tell us?! You're dad and I will definitely not allow this relationship!"


Inside the kitchen, L.Joe's dad seemed like he would explode any minute. He looked at L.Joe and whispered to him, "Outside! Now!" L.Joe excused himself from your dad and followed his dad outside. His dad huffed and placed his hands on his hips in an annoyed manner. He turned and gritted his teeth before talking to L.Joe. He pointed inside to where you were, "Is that girl really your girlfriend?! Or is this just all a big joke?!" L.Joe scrunched his eyebrows in confusion, "What are you talking about dad? This isn't a joke and _________ is the girl I love." His dad huffed and looked away in a pissed off manner. He looked back at L.Joe and sighed, "I'll ask once more clearly. Is. That. Girl. Your. Girlfriend?" L.Joe sighed, getting fed up with his own father's attitude, "Dad what's the problem?!" His dad laughed in a I-don't-believe-this attitude, "That girl's parents are the ones that our company is in competition with." L.Joe gave him a so-what look.


His father grunted, "Don't you see? Her parents' company is our biggest rival. We're on the verge of bankruptcy because that girl's—" "Don't call my girl that girl," L.Joe said sternly. His dad was shocked that his son had talked back, but continued on, "Her parents' company is stealing all our customers. And guess what son?! If we have no customers, we go bankrupt! And if we go bankrupt, guess what?! We all get to live on the streets!" L.Joe sighed, "So what?! We'll work like regular people." His dad sighed, "Lee Byung Hun, you and I are not regular people. Your father is a prominent person and a wealthy man. If I suddenly go bankrupt, who'll take the blame?!" L.Joe took a moment to look away and then back at his father, "You're making this to hard dad." His father gritted his teeth, "Lee Byung Hun, you are to never see that girl again. Do you hear me?!" L.Joe's jaw dropped in shock. His father wouldn't be able to stop him from being in live with ________! Especially not now, when she had his whole heart!


While inside the house, you and your mom had joined your dad and L.Joe's mom back in the kitchen. You were on the verge of breaking. You looked up at your dad for some help, but he didn't even glance your way. You looked at L.Joe's mom and she just ignored you too.


She eyed your mom and then spoke harsh words, "You sure are one great big pain in the neck aren't you Lee Sooyoung?" You inwardly flinched at her tone towards your mom. Before your mom could reply, L.Joe's mom continued, "Not only did you try to take away all our customers, you use your daughter to bribe my son into joining your side. How great a story this would be on the news?!" Your dad couldn't take it anymore, "Get out of my house you crazy woman!" L.Joe's mom flinched from his loud voice and blinked. Your dad repeated again in a low, irritated voice, "Get out before I drag you out." She scoffed and her heel to go. But before she stepped outside, she turned her head and said, "Your daughter will never see my son again, so don't even think about asking."


Just as she slammed the door close, your mom collapsed. You grabbed her and shook her, "Umma! Are you okay?! Umma!" She gasped for air and held onto your hand. Your dad immediately call for an ambulance. You held onto your mom's hand and cried, "Umma! You're going to be okay right? Appa! Umma is going to be okay right?!" You dad smiled and nodded. Suddenly Dong Soo started crying at the bottom of the stairs. Your dad wan over to him and swept him up into his arms, "Aigoo! Don't cry Dong Soo."


Your dad eventually blamed Dong Soo down and put him back in bed, while you were in the ambulance with your mom to the hospital. She seems fine now but you were still worried about her. She had never collapsed before!


At the hospital, you waited outside for then to finish check ups on your mom. Finally your dad came running in. He asked you if your mom was okay and you blankly said "I don't know." Even though you were worried about your mom, thoughts of your relationship with L.Joe slipped into your mind. Your dad sat down next to you and soothingly rubbed your arms. "Why appa?" you whispered quietly.


He gave you a confused look and forced a smile, "Why what __________?" You looked at him with tears in your eyes, "Why can't I love him?" Your dad sighed and stood up. He was silent for a while before talking again, "Honey, it's not that we won't let you date him. If he was from a different background, your mother and I would support you two all the way. But he..." You stood up and shook his arm, "He what? He what, dad?! What's wrong with him being from that family?" Your dad shook his head and pulled away from you, "You don't understand. He's just not right for you, so forget about him okay?" You shook your head and cried, "I love him appa!"


Before your dad could answer, the doctors and nurses rolled your mom into a room. You and your dad ran inside and took each of her hands. Your dad brushed her hair away, "Are you okay?" She smiled a small weak smile and turned to you. You smiled, "Umma, are you okay? Appa and I was so worried about you." She smiled and tried to talk, but all that came out was a hoarse voice. You shook your head as a tear slid down your cheek, "Umma you should rest."


You and your dad stepped outside to key her sleep. You followed your dad outside of the hospital and stopped outside with him. You finally built up enough courage to ask about your relationship with L.Joe again, "Appa, why can't I see him any—" "Stop it _______," he said in a low voice. But you couldn't stop it, "No appa. You stop it. Just tel—" "I said stop it!" he yelled and faced you. You stepped back in complete shock and fright. Your dad had never been this mad to yell at you before. He took a breath and calmed down before continuing, "Can you really think about your relationship with that boy when your mother is like this?! Can you really love someone who made your mom like this?! Can you really go to your mother and tell her that you want to continue seeing this boy, despite how many problems his parents have caused us?!"


You wanted to yell and scream and tell him that it wasn't L.Joe's fault, but no matte how you thought about it, you couldn't go against your parents' will. Your dad sighed, "Starting tomorrow, you will not be able to go out with anyone beside MinJi and Do Hyun. An starting the new school week, I will have all your classes changed so that you don't have to meet that boy anymore." "Appa!" you complained. "________ don't you dare say no. I won't allow you to. You are not allowed to date this bot anymore," your dad said sternly, "Now get in the car. We have to get home." You wiped your tears and gave him a I-don't-believe-it look and got in the car.


No matter how much you loved L.Joe, you couldn't rebel against your parents. You stared out the window at the lonely dark night and cried silently. Why was this happening?!


---------------------

Awww!! Everything's falling apart!! Why?!!!!