A second meeting

To Where You Are

Luhan:

He tried to search for that strange girl at school, but she was nowhere to been seen even on the bus ride back home she wasn’t there. Where did she go? Where did she live? Who was she? Why was he thinking about her?

A new day.

Another chance to see her.

“Bye mom!” He said as he ran out the back door grabbing new cupcakes for Tiffany. She didn’t like the ones yesterday because they were slightly squished and the frosting was not to her liking. He bought her the expensive ones from the store downtown.

“The bus doesn’t come for another thirty minutes! Luhan!” He heard his mom yell, but he was already outside.

 Where was she? Where had he seen her? In the bushes! She must take that small path behind the trees and bushes that he used yesterday. Yesterday he walked on the outskirts of the trees. She must have walked behind the bushes that were beyond the trees and path he used yesterday. He walked behind pool and deck to see the fence with trees behind it and tall bushes beyond them. He never went behind those tall bushes. There was never a need too. He hopped over the fence and behind the trees he walked along yesterday. He kept walking until he was directly in front of a huge wall of bushes. It looked about three feet thick. He would need to find another entrance. He walked about a block before they started thinning out a bit. He could almost stick his whole arm through now.

He found a small opening and forced himself through. Dam it. Tiffany hated when his hair was messed up. He had acquired small scratches and messed up hair, but was otherwise fine. He looked around to see a small well used path behind the bushes with rocks on both sides and another tall wall of bushes on the other side. He would have never known this path was there. He softly smiled at his accomplishment.

Now where was that girl? Luhan realized he didn’t even know her name. Why was she at the bus stop if she didn’t even go to school?

His thoughts were interrupted by a soft intake of breath. He turned around and saw her.

“W..wh..what are you doing here?” She whispered in a voice that sounded like the tinkering of bells. She looked like a deer poised to run, but unsure of the danger. Beautiful. She was wearing the same dress again. Luhan paused and took a careful step toward her and she responded with a step back. He stopped. So did she.

“Hey.” He whispered unsure of what to say. Why was he here?

“You shouldn’t be here. Why are you here? Please go away and forget you saw me.” She whispered back with a voice full of uncertainty. Her voice was a lot softer and kinder than Tiffany. He took note of that.

“Why can’t I be here? Want to walk to school with me?” He asked as kindly as possible. Tiffany would not be pleased.

“No. Please go.” The girl whispered. She turned ready to run when Luhan stuffed the cupcake box into this backpack and ran up to her. He surprised himself by grabbing her arm. As quickly as he grabbed her arm he almost let go. Her skin was so soft. Smooth. Delicate. Cold. She felt like ice. He felt a small bump and saw a ragged scar on her otherwise perfect white skin. The girl slowly turned around and the wind caught her hair. He stared into her doe eyes trying to read into her thoughts, but suddenly his mind went… blank. How were her eyes so sparkly and lively, yet sad? How could he not think? Luhan could read someone like an open book, but not her.

“Where?” He finally whispered as he regained his voice.

“What?” She mumbled back before roughly pushing him back releasing his grip on her.

“Where were you going? School?” He asked putting a small smile on his face.

“Um…” He saw her look around before looking him back in the eye. “Yes. Yes, I am.” She stuttered confidently. He laughed internally. How could someone stutter confidently? She was an oxymoron within herself.

“Walk with me?” He asked politely.

“No thank you.” She whispered before she pushed past him and continued walking. Luhan was slightly confused. Many girls would have given anything to hear those words from him. Popularity was really going to his head.

He watched her with another small smile before walking after her. She would walk and pause every couple of steps and turn around and look at him. She frowned every time she realized he was following her. He forgot how long they walked as he followed her through the forest. She was as white as a ghost and as pretty as a Goddess. What was she? How could he not read her?

“Could you stop following me?” Were the final words that came out of her thin pink lips as they almost reached the bus stop.

“I’m just walking to the bus stop.” He replied calmly as he walked next to her ready to step out of the bushes.

“Then stop taking this route. Use the front door like a normal person.” She stinging reply came.

“Why don’t you use the front door?” He asked.

“I’m not normal. Now excuse me I must leave now.” She announced as she broke through the bushes first. He recognized this as the spot he saw her yesterday. It was a small break in the bushes about fifteen feet from the bus stop, but well hidden behind trees. He chuckled as he stepped through behind her. He was momentarily blinded by the sudden light and heard voices.

“Where is Luhan?

“He didn’t walk this way to school yesterday either.”

“I wanted to give Oppa this present.”

Fan girls. Again.

“You better get going. Luhan-shi.” The mystery girl replied with a nod to his fan club.

“You know my name?” He replied with a half-smile.

“How could I not.” She said rolling her eyes slightly nodding to the girls around the corner.

“Can I know yours then?” He inquired.

“Nope.” She replied as she ran away from him leaving him confused and intrigued. He walked around to the sidewalk about a block from the bus stop. That girl didn’t want to be discovered, so Luhan wouldn’t let her. Anyway it was an interesting back entrance to the bus stop.

“Luhan!” Girls screamed as he saw Siwon, Taemin, and Kai.

“Why so late little brother?” Siwon said gruffly as he took a gift from a girl and winked. He could have sworn that girl almost fainted.

“Forgot Tiffany’s cupcakes.” He mumbled the excuse as they walked into the bus. When he was a nobody he never got why they didn’t just take their limos. They all had money, chuffers, butlers, and even their own cars. Now he knew why. They craved the crowds, the attention, and the popularity. One way to know all the gossip, the news, and to scout the rivals were to take the bus or to eat at the crowded lunch courts. But they had their own special lunch spot at the top on the balcony overlooking the lunch courts. Only the most popular sat there, but there was a drawback. They couldn’t find out any of the gossip from there, so the using the bus was most important.

It wasn’t like the bus wasn’t nice anyway. Sleeker than the chunky buses that he sometimes saw at other schools and with leather seats the bus was almost as nice as a limo. They went to the most prestigious school around. Heirs and protégées were only allowed. Everyone else was barred away. How did Luhan get in? Easy. He knew people inside and out. It was a so called gift. He was going to be a profiler. Hopefully. It did help that his mother’s family was from old money and his dad owned banks.

Imagine Boy’s Over Flowers the popular Korean drama. Luhan didn’t know school would be exactly like that. It was a hierarchy and only for the richest and most popular. They even had a F4. Well sort of. They were just the most popular boys of the school. No one lasted long or was at the top forever. It was constantly changing. There was not exact number of members in the clique. Right now it was four, but that number could change any time.

Siwon. The athletic protégée. He excelled at every sport you could think of. The most popular out of the group. Girls liked him for his talent, muscles, and his good face helped too. Parents were in the Olympics and now were models for sporting wear and in action movies.

Taemin and Kai. Dance protégées. Ever since they were little they competed to see who was better. Their friendship had almost solidified into brother hood.

Luhan. He. Who was he? The newbie who was made popular through his girlfriend. Old money, decent looks, and the ability to figure people out with one look. Not the typical popular boy, but they needed him. A new clique was rising and Siwon wanted to be the first person to rule all four years.

“Did you see Donghae? His clique is almost up to eight now! Eight! Unthinkable.” He heard whispers around him. He looked to Siwon sitting next to him and Taemin sitting behind him. Kai just rolled his eyes. A new clique was threatening their group.

“Do you think Siwon can do it?”

“Four years!”

“The newbie doesn’t look as good as Luhan so…”

“I don’t know I heard he is a singer.”

He looked back at Siwon who had his lips pressed in a thin line.

“Hey Siwon its okay we got this.” Taemin said happily as he looked out the window.

“Should we add a new member too?” Kai asked. Siwon looked at him. He was supposed to be the brains of the group. Who was he kidding? He wasn’t smart. The science and math nerds were a million times smarter than him, but he did know one thing. People.

“We need to do something different. That will get the attention.” He mumbled.

“I got an idea.” Siwon said with a smirk.

“What hyung?” Taemin asked.

“You will find out soon enough.” Siwon said as they pulled up and everyone stood, but didn’t move waiting until they got off first. “Talk to Tiffany Luhan.”

“Why?” He asked worried.

“Just tell her to meet us up with her Clique at the balcony at lunch.” Siwon said before walking off with a small nod.

“Why does hyung want to talk to your girlfriend? She is hot.” Kai said in a board tone.

Luhan didn’t know, but he knew three things.

One. He did not want his popularity to be gone so fast.

Two. He really wanted to meet that girl again. Surprisingly it that girl wasn’t Tiffany.

Three. Tiffany would be pissed when she found out her cupcakes were smashed. Again.

 

Yoona:

Good. That strange boy wasn’t following her. What was his name? Luhan-shi? But surprisingly now she felt… lonely. She didn’t expect to see him again, especially not in the back road she took to get to the mental people bus. Their meeting was unplanned and spontaneous, but it left her craving more. Human interaction. Did it always feel like that?

She wanted to talk to him and ask him about life, but no she couldn’t. She was mental remember? Her father would kill her if he knew she talked to a stranger, but surprisingly she didn’t feel as scared as she should be. She would just have to avoid that funny boy.

Yet she wanted to meet him again.

No. If she did she would be dead. Probably him too. She would keep her distance. Yoona wondered what his life was like. Was it as fun and free as it looked? Or was he in his own cage too? Maybe she would walk with him next time he asked.

She sighed as she got up and walked out with the rest of the ‘special students’ to the hospital. So far she hated ‘school’ all over again. Except for her therapy teacher Taeyeon. She was like a mother she never had. Correction she never had a mother. Taeyeon was patient and kind.

Today was a pretty decent day. She only got hit once today by her father. She met a weirdo who could figure out she was mental at any moment and treat her like a zoo animal, but he didn’t know yet. She tripped only once on the stairs up to the room for special students. She decided to let herself be a little freer. She stopped pretending to be crazy and for once let her walls down.

“Morning Yoona. How was your day so far?” Taeyeon said in kind voice during their afternoon therapy session.

“Okay. I don’t feel as crazy.” She mumbled back deciding Taeyeon would probably just think she was even more crazy.

“That’s good.” Taeyeon said simply as she put a puzzle on the table which Yoona imminently started to play with. God she was board here.

“Do you have dreams Taeyeon-shi?” She asked kindly as she put two pieces together.

“Yes. Do you?” Taeyeon said back passing Yoona more pieces as she placed more pieces of the puzzle together.

“Of course. I am mental remember?” She said fitting more pieces together.

“So you always remind me.”

“Yeah. So what are some of your dreams?” She asked clapping happily as she finished the puzzle. She looked up at Taeyeon quietly. Taeyeon had been her therapist for the last two years and every year she felt as if they had gotten closer.

“My dream is for you to stop pretending your mental.” Taeyeon said quietly staring into Yoona’s wide eyes. No. How did she know?

“I am mental.” She disagreed hastily breaking the puzzle in front of her.

“Yoona. I have been watching you for three years. I know you’re not mental. You have the best memory I have seen and I have been teaching you regular high school academics for the last few years. Those math problems and books I gave you? High school level. You finished them in a month when you were supposed to be in eighth grade. You have a photographic memory. “ Taeyeon said.

“No…no… I…” Yoona stuttered. How could she know? Were those books that Taeyeon said were grade level books high school level? She did always wonder why Taeyeon gave her extra care and lessons.

“Why are you pretending to be mental.” Taeyeon said her words getting more forceful. She could feel her walls breaking down around her. Her careful disguise melting.

“I’m not pretending.” She said simply trying not to let her voice shake. She was dead now. Her father would kill her for sure.

 

YAY Finally a update! Sorry I was on Vacation looking at Colleges :) fun fun fun... Anyway this ch took me a long time and it does show a lot of insite so read and supscribe! Oh and dont forget to leave comments on possible outcomes! THX FOR SUPPORTING ME!!!