Chapter One

Promises, are meant to be broken.

[Writing in this colour is your thoughts, and writing in this colour is JR's]

Your POV:

I didn't really pay attention to what the teacher was saying. After all, he was taking us around the boring parts of the school. "Excuse me, Sir. Do you know where the restrooms are?" I asked, trying to sound as polite as possible.

Some of the students snickered, since I use a countryside dialect, instead of Seoul dialect. Gosh, its my first day talking to someone in Seoul ... what do you expect?

"Straight through this hall, then turn right" he flashed me a smile. I nodded and followed his directions. "Wait ... what did he say?" I mumbled to myself.

"Aish! See, you should listen more Yeoshin! Babo!" I scolded myself. I kept on walking back and fourth, tripping over my own feet. Luckily no classes were in the halls, or else they would've laughed at me.

After what felt like hours, I finally found the bathroom. "FINALLY" I shouted out in relief. I didn't need to go do my 'buisness', I just needed to get away from that tour we were having. Since its my first day, along with other transfer students. I had to take a tour of the school, and they all looked at me weirdly. Is it because i'm the only blonde one at this school? I hardly see any Korean students dying their hair.

I splashed some water of my face to cool myself down. I was getting a bit homesick. Well, I live by myself now in Seoul. I have to rely on myself, I can't ask any locals to help me since neighbours in Seoul barely talk to eachother. "C'mon Yeoshin. Suck it up!" I mentally slapped myself.

I walked out of the bathroom, feeling fresh and relaxed after the lecture I gave myself. I started strolling along the halls, trying to catch up with the tour. I stopped in my tracks, as I realized that I was going the wrong way. I shrugged, and turned around and walked into another hall. But again, I was going the wrong way. "Shit, I'm lost" I whispered to myself.

I was walking around everywhere, until I heard some music playing. It sounded like a remix made for those Hip Pop dancers, something that the Poreotics would make. I was really curious, and my feet just walked on its own. It followed the sound of the music, and ended up stopping infront of a door that was just blank.

I opened the door a little bit and saw a guy with a singlet on with saggy jeans. His hair was a little bit shaved on the side, which made his bangs look longer. His bangs where covering his eyes slightly, making them sparkle even more. His jaw line was perfect, he looked perfect. The way his body flowed with the music was just ... magical.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" the boy said, staring at me. I quickly jumped from my position, but my feet dragged me into the room. I got a closer look at him, and he seemed more perfect up close.

Author's POV:

You just stared at him. More like mesmerized by his features, he was examining you too. "You aren't answering my question" he blurted out. "O-oh. Well, I just stumbled upon you dancing" you said calmly.

"Okay, do you want my signature?" he asked you. "S-signature? Why would I want that?" you cocked your head to the side. "You must be new, right?" he said. His voice is so god damn attractive! Wait ... what? He is a freakin city boy Yeoshin, don't you dare go there!

"Yep" you answered. "Y-you're a pretty good dancer. Its good to see city people intrested in that!" you exlaimed. He gave you a weird look. "You aren't from Seoul?" he asked.

"Enough with the god damn questions!" you said in your countryside accent. He just gave a killer smirk "Well ... I'm gonna get going, but don't tell anyone you saw me dancing. They would kill you" he laughed. You just nodded and turned around. You were about to walk out when you remembered that you were lost.

"Oh wait! I'm kinda lost, can you help me find my way to the front desk?" you asked him with a soft voice. He just nodded and started leading the way. Some girls in the halls were sending you daggers. You felt really uncomfortable around him. "Don't worry, they are just fan girls" he reassured you.

You nodded and just tagged along. He took you to the front desk. You were about to thank him and ask for his name but he was already gone. "Oh, he's gone" you mumbled. "Uh, excuse me?" the girl at the counter said.

"Oh, sorry. I got lost on my tour, so could I get the map of the school and my timetable" you asked the lady. She simply nodded. "Whats your name?" she asked you. "Kang Yeoshin" you replied.

She looked up at you and smiled. "Very lovely name" she complimented you. "J-jinjjayo? Thanks" you told her. After a couple of minutes, she printed out everything you need to know about this school. You thanked her and walked out, trying to find your way to your dorm. "Floor 2, Room 203" you said to yourself.

You finally reached your floors and noticed that some guys were walking in the halls. Are you serious? They put the boys dorms in the same hall as the girls? What if they are right near eachother?!

You found your room and smiled. You put the key in the hole and twisted it. The door opened, revealing a clean but classy room. You shut the door and realised that there was only one bed, which meant you had this room all to yourself. You jumped onto your bed and couldn't get up because it was too comfy. You kept bouncing up and down, enjoying yourself.

You could feel your eyes getting heavy, and seconds later you fell fast asleep. You were dreaming of that boy dancing, and how you wished to get his name. You kept on dreaming about him smiling. No, you don't love him already. You don't even have any feelings for him. But something about him, just makes you feel at peace. Like you needed to meet him. Get to know him. He looks so much like someone ... you just can't tell who.

~

You woke up, and you were sweating. You were dreaming about your long lost friend, and you can't remember his face. Everytime you have flashbacks of you and him, his face is blury, or its covered with a mosaic. He was your best friend, and you'd do anything to get him back. For some reason, you think your dreams are telling you to go find him. Or that he is closer than you think.

You think your dreams are telling you to put the missing pieces together, that he is here and you need to get him yourself. Why would they be a blur then? You only have one thing left of him, the silver love heart locket he gave you. It is always around your neck, and it has his first annitials on it, as well as yours. It says 'Y.J' in the middle. The sad thing is, you've had it since you were 9, but you can't remember his name. It kills you inside every day. That he is out in the world somewhere, and you're afraid that he has forgotten you.

But after all, he promised he wouldn't. But things fade away, quicker than you expect them to. You got up from your daydreaming, and you needed to clear your head. You remembered that room that the boy was dancing in, and you thought it was the perfect place to clear all your thoughts. Yes, you were a fabulous dancer. But when you want to clear your thoughts, you play an instrument. The piano, most of the time.

You tried to find your way to the room, and after a while, you did. You checked if anyone was there, and it was empty. You quickly ran over to the piano and made yourself comfortable. You remembered the song that your mother taught you how to play, it was her own song she made. [Listen to this] You immediately shed a tear. But you needed to let it out. It may be your first day here, in Seoul. But its put so much pressure on you.

You had to abandon everything, your hometown, and most importantly ... the only thing that is left of your family, their graves. Yes, your father died from a heart attack. Your mother died by trying to save you from getting hit by a car. From then on, you've never let anyone get involved with you. You're never one to talk, or smile when you don't need to. You rather be an outcast, even though you like making people happy.

If only he was here to help you, like he used to. He, being your long lost friend, and you only have a locket thats left of his touch. You finished playing the song, and you sighed deeply. "Pretty good" someone said out of no where. You turned around, and it was that dancing boy.

"K-komawo" you said shyly. You never wanted anyone to hear you play that. Dancing Boy (until you find out his name, i'll call him dancing boy) sat near you. He turned and faced you, examining every single feature about you. He saw that you were holding in alot of emotions.

"Where did you learn to play that?" he asked you. "My mother taught me it. Before she ..." you trailed off. He looked at you with sincerity. "Before she ... what?" Dancing boy asked. He never cared about anyones security, he wanted them to tell him everything. People say he has never been in love, so he breaks every girls heart. But yes, he has been in love once. And he still is, with the same girl.

"Before she ... passed away" you said, turning to the Dancing boy. "S-sorry to hear that" he said. "So, why are you here?" he asked you. "I don't know. I wanted to come here, I guess" you replied blankly.

"How come you are here?" you asked him. "To dance" he smiled. "Stop smiling. You aren't happy now, aren't you? So you don't need to force a smile. Its just sick" you announced.

He was a little bit taken back. But still, he continued being genuine. "I am happy. Happy that someone is as interested in music as I am" he said. "Tsk. Please, thats just worse" you said and stood up. "I'm going" you said and walked off.

You turned around as you remembered something, you forgot to say thankyou. "Oh. Dancing Boy or whatever. I know its weird of me to say this since I acted like a bitch towards you right now, but I forgot to say thankyou for before" you said.

And with that, you walked out of the room. "Shit! I forgot to ask him what his name was" you mumbled under your breath. "Oh well, better luck next time" you said out loud. You walked off to your room, eager to start a new day.


How did you like the first chapter? Ooh, will you ever find your best friend? And will you and dancing boy get closer? hmm, i dunno. Keep on reading and subscribe! No silent readers please ;)