Protection

Falling Into the Darkness of Trusting You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When the school day ended, Jessica went straight home as the others did. She didn't want her friends to worry about her, so she sent them home right away while she went home to be at peace and try to reach Donghae.

She was in her room, thinking. What did Donghae want? Did he want to say something important? If he did, he should have just said it instead of stalling. She looked at her phone, wondering if she should call him to straighten things out.

Before she knew it, her fingers were dialing the number. She waited for him to answer, after thirty seconds of ringers, she was about to give up and hang up until she heard his deep voice on the other end.

"Yobsaeyo?"

She was shocked. "Donghae? It's me, Jessica."

"Oh." That was all he said. "What do you want?"

Jessica sighed. It was now or never. "I just wanted to talk to you."

"Then talk."

"Well, it's more like that you wanted to talk to me. You were going to tell me something, but then Yoona and them came up and all."

"That's not important anymore."

"But you made it seem like it was, Hae. Are you going to tell me or not?"

It was silent for a moment. "I..I don't know anymore. You seem like you only want to fight me now and I'm guessing this conversation is pointless if that's all we're going to do. Fight."

Jessica sighed. He was right for a moment. All they did was snap at each other. How was that going to solve their issue? "Donghae, you're right. We only fight. but I don't want to do that right now. I want to hear you out. Please tell me whats' going on."

Donghae sighed on the other line. "You really want to know?"

"Neh. Please."

"Okay. Well..."

"Jessica!"

Jessica got a shock from Yoona's voice shouting her name from outside her room. She turned and saw Yoona rushing inside her room, opening her closet door and throwing clothes out of it.

"Donghae, wait." She turned to Yoona. "Yoona! I'm on the phone! What are you doing?!"

Yoona was in a panic mode. "Unnie! There's no time to explain right now! Let's get going! Tiffany and Seohyun are already downstairs in the car waiting for us!" Yoona grabbed a duffle bag from Jessica's closet and threw some comfortable clothes in it.

Jessica was confused, but she tried to talk to Donghae again. "Donghae, Yoona is here and she..."

"Yoona." He sounded annoyed. "If she's so important, then why did you even call me to talk about something like this?"

"Ani. Donghae, it's not like that. She was just..."

"Look, call me when you've got a real serious time to talk." The line was dead after that. He had hung up. And he was definitely pissed off.

Jessica stared at her phone. "Ugh! Yoona! I was on a very important call with Donghae and you just had to come in at this time?!"

Yoona shrugged. "Mianhae. But this is super urgent now! We gotta get your things packed!"

"What for?" Jessica asked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter