Chapter 7/??

Weight of the World

After what felt like hours, Heecheol finally knocked on the door. At first he thought no one was going to answer it, but then the door opened. Heecheol couldn't see who opened it, it was too dark but as soon as he stepped inside the house he noticed it was Ms. Chois' adopted daughter, Luna.

'M-My lord?' She said surprised. 'W-What are you doing here?'

Heecheol noticed her red eyes and tear stained cheeks. He was too scared to walk in any further and too scared to ask how he was doing. He knew how much Hyungsik meant for her, he used to spend so much time at the Choi's house, he almost lived here. Heecheol swallowed, even though he was scared to hear the answer he still had to know. 'H-How is he?' Heecheol tried to ask without showing all too much emotion.

Luna seemed surprised by it, it was written all over her face, she didn't expect him to care about him. It was an image Heecheol created  himself, his short temper, his uncaring attitude, it scared people away. He couldn't care though, especially now that his best friend was hurt, he couldn't even be mad at Luna for not answering him right away. 'P-Please, tell me. How is he?' He asked again, this time his voice showed much more emotion than he intended to.

Luna shook her head before bursting out into tears again. 'Mother is trying to get the bullet out of his stomach, he has been bleeding a lot, we're not sure if he's going to make it.'

'B-But your mother, I mean ... Ms. Choi, she's an healer right? She can heal him right after the bullet is removed right?' Heecheol asked with shaking voice and he felt the tears stream down his cheek.

'She can't heal him.' Sulli walked into the room and pulled Luna into her embrace. 'He will be alright, Luna. Stay strong, he won't be healing any faster when you cry like this.'

Heecheol watched the two of them, it made him feel furious, but why? Was it because he felt ignored? Or was it because he felt jealous. He clenched both of his fists and tried to remain calm. 'W-Why can't she heal him?' He finally asked.

'Because I could never heal him.' Ms. Choi walked into the room and bowed. 'Your grace.' She waved her hand towards one of the rooms. 'He is in there, somehow my powers don't seem to work on him. Neither are Luna's or Sulli's. I'm sorry.'

Heecheol stood in the doorway, his eyes fixed on his best friend. He was pale, but he looked really peaceful, as if he was just being asleep. 'So now what? We just wait for him to die?' Heecheol asked. 'I can't let this happen! He is not allowed to die!' He walked towards Hyungsik's bed and sat down on it. 'Don't leave me, you're all I have left.' He sobbed quietly as he grabbed one of his best friends' cold hands. First it was sadness that was going through his body, but then rage start to well up.'My brother shall pay for what he did to you!' He said determined. 'I will never let him get away with this!'
 

---

 

Ryeowook wanted to scream, the pain almost unbearable. He felt the warm blood gushing out of his wounds, which means it was only a matter of time before he would die. He didn't want to die, he wasn't allowed to. There was still so much left for him to do, if he died now he would never be able to safe his people.

'Oh my god! Hyung!' Ryeowook could hear a voice scream and when he fluttered his eyes he could see a blurry silhouette.

'Are you awake? Can you hear me?' Ryeowook felt a hand patting his cheek. 'Say something!' Ryeowook parted his lips, but nothing more than a groan made it out of his mouth. His vision became a bit clearer and he could see how two people were now bending over him.

'What happened to him?' A deep voice asked.

'Oh my god! Hyung, he has been shot and he's losing a lot of blood! I have to help him right now!' Ryeowook groaned again when one of them touched his injured leg. 'His clothes are so old fashioned ... where is he from?'

Ryeowook tried to keep focused on their conversation but his eyes fluttered shut. He could hear them beg to stay with them, but he could no longer keep his eyes open.

His world turned black.

---

Ryeowook was stuck in a fight between life and death. The one moment, Ryeowook felt the intense pain of his wounds and the next moment it faded. To not feel the pain was such a relieve, but Ryeowook knew that he couldn't give in to that, not feeling any pain was a step closer to dying. Hyungsik gave his life for him, Sungmin risked his', he couldn't fail, not now, not ever. He had to fight on.
A sharp pain shot through his body when he was being moved. He could feel that he was lifted up in bridal position, his head resting on a warm shoulder and his arms numb next to his body.

'Are you back?' A voice asked, but it sounded so far away. 'What's your name? Try to stay with us, what is your name?' He repeated strictly.

‘R-…’ He started but his name faded into nothing. ‘Ryeo…wook…’ He finally panted before falling into complete darkness.
 

~~~

 

Ryeowook hated his father's business trips, normally he would have complained for hours, trying to convince his father that there was no use for him to be there, but this time he had his reasons not to. He always loved going to the seaside, he liked the air and the breeze. And he loved to watch how the fisher men were getting their daily catch on shore. It interested him a lot, but there was one of them in particular that had his attention. He was tall, with clothes that were too big for his frame, he walked around with both of his hands inside his pockets and his hair was a mess. It's exactly how he left him behind the last time, he didn't change one bit. 'Gui!' Ryeowook shouted.

'Young Master!' One of the fisher boys called out to him. 'Is that really you?'

'Ryeowook ran towards him and jumped into his arms. 'I missed you so much!'

'Let us go to a more private spot.' Gui Xian whispered against Ryeowook's hair. 'Shall we?'

Ryeowook nodded with a smile. They didn't let go of each other's hand, it has been six months since the last time they saw each other, it has been way too long. It was like Gui Xian could read Ryeowook's mind, he held his hand a little tighter. 'I really missed you a lot.' He said, creating a smile on both of their faces.

It was a ten minute walk before they arrived in front of an old, small house. Gui Xian opened the door with a somewhat nervous expression on his face.

'What's wrong?' Ryeowook asked worried when he noticed.

The boy shook his head. 'Nothing, I'm fine.' He said before he finally walked into the house.

Ryeowook followed and looked around, the house was really small and reminded him a bit of Hyungsik's room in the castle. It was just one room and a separated bathroom. The house smelled a bit funny, a combination of sea and fish, but Ryeowook didn't want to make it a negative thing. After all the smell reminded him of Gui Xian ...

'I'm sorry...' Gui Xian apologized when he saw Ryeowook look around the house. 'I shouldn't have taken you here, it's pretty embarrassing ... you're the king's son! I should have taken you to a more fancy place.' He rubbed his hand through his, now even messier, hair and smiled awkwardly.

'It's perfect Gui, don't feel too bad about it!' Ryeowook said before flopping down on the bed. 'So this is your place?'

'Uh...' Gui Xian started and Ryeowook could see on the look of his face that he was embarrassed. 

'It's a nice place.' Ryeowook said before he could answer. 'I might be the king's son, but I want to be 'just Ryeowook' around you. So it's not allowed to be embarassed and to call me lord, sir or young master, alright?'

Gui Xian looked disappointed. 'Just Ryeowook?' He asked when he sat down next to him. 'Is that all you want to be around me?'

Ryeowook didn't answer, he wanted to be a lot more to him, but he saw no way to make that happen. He couldn't give him anything. They couldn't kiss, they couldn't even look each other in the eyes. He knew that Gui Xian didn't care about any of that, but he will eventually. 'We can't be more, you know that ...' Ryeowook finally mumbled.

'I already told you that I'm not afraid of you.' Gui Xian reached for Ryeowook's hand. 'I know what you are, but I'm not scared. If we are being careful, it will work. Really...'

Ryeowook bit his lower lip. As much as he would like to believe his words, he just couldn't give in to it. 'Don't ...' He almost begged.

'Ryeong-ah ... we talked about this-' Gui started.

'And as I told you before, it can never work out between us. I'm cursed, if we take this too far ... you ...' Ryeowook shook his head. 'No! I don't even want to think about this, I just can't be loved!' Ryeowook stood up and was ready to walk out of the house, when Gui Xian grabbed his arm tightly.

'Don't go!' The fisher boy said. 'Saying that you can't be loved is the biggest lie and you know that.'

'Gui no ...'

'Yes! Damn it Ryeowook, just listen to me!' He pushed him back onto his bed. 'You
can be loved, Ryeowook ...'

Ryeowook shook his head, he knew exactly what was about to come, it was something he was dying to hear from him, but he also knew it was wrong...

'I love you Ryeowook. And I am willing to be cursed with you. I know we can never do the things normal couples do. But I don't care! As long as I'm with you, I'm happy.'

'Whenever I'm with you, I'm happy too.' Ryeowook whispered. 'But ...'

'No buts, allow yourself to be happy! And let me be cursed too, I'm more than willing to except that future, as long as I can be with you.'

Ryeowook was startled when he pulled him into an hug. He wasn't sure if this was the right thing to do, he wasn't even sure if Gui Xian would be in danger this way. He didn't trust himself around him at all. His emotions, his feelings for this guy were so abnormally strong, he never experienced anything like this before. The last time they met, hugging was no problem, Gui Xian even kissed his hair. So apparently his emotions were in control around him, but why was he still so scared!

'Ryeowook, it's ok ... relax. I did some research about your powers.' Gui Xian finally said and he had Ryeowook's full attention. 'It was hard to find though! But apparently one of my mates knew someone who had an uncle, who had an grandpa that ...' Gui Xian shook his head. 'It doesn't matter how I found out, anyways, what matters is...' He moved his hand under Ryeowook's chin.

'What are you doing?' Ryeowook asked when he realized what Gui Xian was about to do. 'No!'

Gui Xian ignored Ryeowook's scream and held his face in both hands and looked him right in the eyes. 'We can look at each other...'

'W-We can?' Ryeowook said with his cheeks being squeezed together.

'Yes, we can. We can also touch and hug and I can kiss you on your hand, head, well pretty much everywhere except for the well ... the 'zones' and your lips.' Gui Xian explained with a blush on his cheeks.

Ryeowook, couldn't stop staring at Gui Xian's eyes, they were shining, the smile that was shown on his lips was also shown in his eyes, it was a wonderful experience.

'But ...'

Ryeowook knew there would be a but, there was always a but to ruin everything.

'Your power gets triggered by unexpected emotions, like a panic attack or a sudden wave of sadness when you just heard terrible news or ... when you experience extreme love. Like you do when you have ... .'

'Ok ... noted! No touching when I feel depressed, in panic or ... any other weird extreme emotion. Got it!' Ryeowook said. Suddenly things didn't even seem all too bad. He could be around Gui Xian, he could even hug him, touch him and be kissed by him. 'How about kissing? I mean, you can kiss me, but ... I can touch you, but a kiss? Is that the same? Can I kiss you too?'

'I couldn't really get good information about that ... so I'm not sure.' His smile faded into sadness and he let his head hang.

'Don't be sad! We can hug, you can kiss me on my cheek ... we can actually do some things couples do!' Ryeowook said with a smile before pulling Gui Xian back into his arms. 'I can't believe I'm actually doing this.' Ryeowook hummed into the fisher boys shirt. He had his eyes closed and enjoyed the warmth, it was something he never expected to experience.


'You will never be 'Just Ryeowook' to me, you're so much more.' Gui Xian kissed him on the cheek before hugging him tighter than ever before. 'I love you Ryeowook.'


'Gui Xian ...' Ryeowook hummed into his shirt.

Hmm?

'I love you too.'

 

~~~


Ryeowook groaned when the memory slowly faded into complete darkness. Was this what his heaven looked like? Remembering all the happy moments he spend with people? Or was this his private hell, showing him all the things he could never have?
Even though it hurts for his memories to fade into nothing, he wanted these memories to continue. He couldn't care that they lasted only a few minutes or even seconds, at least he got to see Gui Xian again and seeing him made him happy.


'Are you ok?' Ryeowook could hear a caring voice ask him. 'You've been asleep for quite some time now.'

Ryeowook didn't want to answer him, he didn't even want to hear him, all he wanted was to go back to sleep and to relive all his good memories, to see Gui Xian again. Gui Xian was the only person that ever made him feel like he was more than a monster. He was a person, someone you could actually care about, someone who deserved to be loved ...

'Hey, it's really time for you to wake up now.'

No. Ryeowook didn't want to wake up.

'Come on, wake up! You can do it.'

The voice was becoming clearer and the more Ryeowook focused on it, the more he felt his body being dragged back to a living state. He knew he must have been close to death, he somehow felt it, but it wasn't a bad thing, it was such a nice feeling. All his worries fading into nothing, his pain completely gone. But now that he was back, he could feel it all over again, the worries attacking him as a pounding headache and the pain inside his shoulder and leg, almost too much to bear. It hurts, everything hurts and he couldn't help but to wish he had died right on that spot.
He wondered if there was even a reason to fight for? Hyungsik was shot right in front of his eyes when he crossed the border, was he even alive? And what about Sungmin? He risked his life for him, how is he doing? Soon his little brother would find out about everyone that ever helped him, they would be sentenced to dead. So what would be left to fight for?

Ryeowook groaned when someone touched his injured shoulder.

'I'm sorry, I had to check if it was healing properly.' The voice said.

'Is he awake yet?!' Another voice shouted from a distance. And it was this voice that reached to Ryeowook in a strange way. It was like it called for him, like it was screaming for him to wake up. The voice was deep and it made Ryeowook curious about its owner.

'It seems like he's waking up, Hyung!'

'Remind me again, why didn't we bring him to the hospital?' The deep voice asked.

'Because he has no papers, no papers means no help. Oh! He's really waking up hyung!'

Ryeowook tried to open his eyes, curious about who were talking. His first attempt failed, but the second was a success. Rays of soft light were meeting his orbs as he fluttered his eyelids. He then noticed two people standing next to the bed he was in. They were both staring at him, but he couldn't stare back. Both of their faces were one big blur to him, his eyes didn't really want to focus.

'Hey, try to take it easy ... you've been out for a while.'

Ryeowook barely heard him, he was too busy focusing on his surroundings. Nothing made any sense to him, everything seemed to be so different from where he was from. Next to his bed was a window, but he didn't see any people walk, all he could see was the sky, like they were flying? His eyes widened and he panicked. Where the hell did they take him?

'Easy ... easy! We're not going to hurt you.'

'W-What do you want from me?!' Ryeowook stumbled. 'W-What is this place? Where am I?'

'Easy! Don't treat us like the bad guys! You must be happy that I allowed you to sleep in my bed!' The guy with the hoarse deep voice said and it was then when Ryeowook finally saw his face. There was something mysterious about him, his dark eyes seemed to be staring right into his soul. The guy that pulled him out of his coma really scared him! 

'Hyung, seriously. You're scaring him! Hey, I'm Jongjin and that grump over there,  is my brother Jongwoon. Nice to meet you!'

'W-where am I?' Ryeowook asked confused.

'You're in Seoul.' Jongjin answered with a smile.

Ryeowook had no idea what Seoul was, was it a Kingdom? A world? The name of the room he was in? He had never heard about that name before ... but then it finally seemed to reach him ... 'I really made it?' Ryeowook finally asked.

'Made what?'

'Am I really at the other side of the border?!'  

 


A/N: Not exactly a week after the last one! But hey ~~ =D At least it's not 2 years this time! >< Some of you already know that I kinda post this as a try out version ... the final version will appear on my livejournal account. =) Right now you guys are 2 chapters ahead. I don't really want to post anything to my lj yet. I first want to have at least 5 chapters ready so that I can have my writer blocks every now and then =x 

I'm pretty excited to continue this now tho ~ =) Finally Ryeowook is awake and whoop Jongwoon and Jongjin are there! ^^ 

Oh what I will probably change before I post these chapters to my livejournal are emotions and certain situations. Just like this KyuWook part, I'm not quite happy with it just yet! ^^ If you have any tips, they're more than welcome to make me improve this story!