Chapter 3

One Fine Spring Day

Okidoki~~ Let's gooo~~! <3

-----

No-one’s POV

Nobody would have been able to dodge the soccer ball that came flying at that particular speed. Especially not when you didn’t even see it coming. So it didn’t really come as a surprise when the ball hit Yesung squire in the face. Yesung’s head was flipped to the side by the sheer force of the ball, before his legs gave way and he dropped to the hard pavement. Kyuhyun eyes became big as he tried to catch his friend, alas a bit too late. He quickly dropped to his knees. ''Yesung?'' he asked, something akin to panic in his voice. He tried shaking the boy, but Yesung seemed to be out cold.

Running footsteps and panting was heard. Kyuhyun looked up and saw Siwon running towards them, Eunhyuk and Donghae in tow. ''Is he okay?'' Siwon asked, slightly out of breath but with sincere worry in his voice. Kyuhyun shook his head. ''I don’t know,'' he answered honestly. ''Yah Yesung! Wake up!'' Again, he shook the older by the shoulder. Yesung’s bangs fell slightly to the side, uncovering a small wound on his forehead. ''Oh my God! He’s bleeding!'' Eunhyuk exclaimed.

Just then, the bell decided to ring, announcing that the next period would start in about 5 minutes. Kyuhyun groaned. He wasn’t nearly strong enough to carry Yesung. Kyuhyun might have been taller than the other, but their weights were about the same. Still, Yesung had to go to the nurse’s office. Kyuhyun swung Yesung’s arm around his shoulder and lifted him up with difficulty.

After a mere two steps he felt the weight suddenly disappear. Shocked he looked up at Siwon who was now carrying Yesung bridal style. ''T-that’s okay, Siwon-ssi,'' he said uncertain, ''I can handle him.'' He tried to take Yesung back, but Siwon turned away from him. ''It was my fault he got hit,'' Siwon countered. ''I’ll take him to the nurse’s office. You go ahead to your class.'' It was clear that Kyuhyun wasn’t really agreeing with what was happening. He wanted to be there for his best friend. Besides… He didn’t really like the thought of Siwon and Yesung together in the same room because one; Yesung might jump the poor guy and two; he didn’t particularly like Siwon. In Kyuhyun’s opinion Siwon wasn’t worth all the praise that Yesung gave him. But he knew that the nurse wouldn’t allow more than one person to be there and Siwon seemed to be really apologetic about hitting Yesung and Yesung really was a bit too heavy to carry all the way to the nurse’s office.

He sighed, defeated. ''Okay,'' Kyuhyun said. ''Take care of him, will you?'' With one last glance at Yesung he ran off. ''We’re going too, okay?'' Eunhyuk said, nodding to Donghae, as to indicate the 'we' part. Siwon nodded before Eunhyuk and Donghae took off running too. Siwon shifted his weight a bit before walking towards the building.

-----

Within a few minutes Siwon reached the nurse’s office. He couldn’t knock because his hands were full and luckily he didn’t have to, as the door wasn’t fully closed. He turned around and pushed the door open further with his back. He walked inside and looked around for the nurse whom, in the end, he couldn’t find. He shrugged his shoulders and laid Yesung on one of the white beds.

Just then the nurse came walking in, a hot, steaming cup of coffee in hand. The nurse; a young, very tall Chinese male from about 24, was called Zhou Mi. Last year they had this annoying old hag as a nurse, who obviously did not like her job or the fact that she worked with teenagers. Everyone was quite happy when they heard that she quit because of 'personal reasons', whatever that means.

Anyway; Zhou Mi, who was fresh out of collage replaced her. All the students and teachers seemed to get along quite well with him. But then again; it was incredibly hard to dislike the new nurse. Zhou Mi was an extremely friendly person and his smile never seemed to leave his face. He apparently loved to talk and probably the most important thing; Zhou Mi was good at, and passionate about his job.

Zhou Mi quickly put down his cup of coffee on a small table in the corner when he saw that he had a student lying unconscious on the bed. The small wound on Yesung’s forehead didn’t go unnoticed either.  He practically pushed Siwon to the side, wet tissue in hand. ''What happened?'' Zhou Mi said, a small accent noticeable. He started to dap the blood away, before cleaning the wound. It wasn’t far so serious as it seemed with all the blood. ''I accidentally hit him with a ball,'' Siwon answered; still sounding apologetic. Zhou Mi nodded absentminded while applying a large band-aid on Yesung’s head; the wound wasn’t deep enough for stitching or whatever. Zhou Mi stood up and turned to Siwon. ''Okay, so when he wakes up, tell me? We need to be sure he doesn’t have a concussion or something,'' he said, broad smile on his face. Siwon nodded, before Zhou Mi walked away, picked up his now not so hot cup of coffee and sat at his desk on the other side of the room.

-----

It was probably after some good 30 minutes when Yesung started to move on the bed. Eyes still closed he reached his hand to his forehead, a soft groan leaving his lips. ''Ugh, my head,'' he mumbled softly. Siwon smiled at the others cuteness, before walking over to where Zhou Mi was. ''He's awake,'' he said when he stood near enough. Zhou Mi looked up from his papers and nodded. He shuffled the papers into a neat stack and stood up from his chair, walking to where Yesung had just opened his eyes, Siwon following close behind.

''Hello there,'' Zhou Mi said in a happy tone, smile in place. ''Can you tell me your name?'' For a while Yesung just stared at the nurse, taken aback by the happiness the person emitted. Soon, though, he managed to compose himself. ''It's Kim Jongwoon, though mostly everyone calls me Yesung,'' he answered the question. Zhou Mi nodded in approval and got his flashlight out of his pocket. He shone the light in Yesung's eyes to see how the pupils reacted. ''And can you tell what happened before?'' Zhou Mi then asked as he watched the pupils grow smaller. ''I was walking around the school with my friend Kyuhyun and then I got hit by something,'' Yesung said. Again Zhou Mi nodded, putting his flashlight away. ''Any dizziness? Headache?'' he then continued his questions. Yesung nodded. ''Both,'' he answered. Once more Zhou Mi nodded his head. ''Okay. Well you seem to fine otherwise. No concussion as far as I can tell. I guess the dizziness and headache are quite normal. But you can stay here if you want,'' Zhou Mi concluded, big smile gracing his lips. Yesung nodded his head a bit before Zhou Mi walked off.

It was only in that moment that Yesung saw something that made him believe that he did have a concussion. 'Cause how was it possible that Siwon was standing right next to his bed? Yesung blinked a few times, staring at Siwon, not believing what he was seeing. ''Hi,'' Siwon then said, a bit awkward. Yesung gaped at him, not knowing what to say. He finally settled for a soft ''H-hey.''

-----



And so they meeeett~~ 

 I hope you liked this chapter~ :D
And again; thankyousomuch for commenting and subscribing~
Your comments make me so happy~