Prologue

One Fine Spring Day

So this is just the prologue. It'll give you some background information about Yesung~

-----

No-one’s POV

At the age of 5, Jongwoon wasn’t really like other kids in the neighborhood. Where other kids played soccer, tag and other outdoor games, Jongwoon liked making puzzles and singing and generally just staying inside. It wasn’t that Jongwoon was a nerd or incapable of playing sports or anything; Jongwoon just had a lot of trouble making friends. Even just talking to somebody proved to be a huge problem.

Jongwoon had an older brother named Youngwoon, who was only one year older than him but who was also almost the complete opposite of Jongwoon. Youngwoon loved sports and loved talking to anyone who was willing to listen. Youngwoon was always all over the place and hated being quiet or staying still.

The differences between the two brother didn’t stop there. When you looked at them you’d never say they were brothers in the first place. Jongwoon was small and skinny with tiny hands to match. Youngwoon was big and burly. And where Youngwoon was loud and smiley, Jongwoon was silent and looked almost depressed.

Despite these huge differences, the brothers were almost inseparable. They shared all their toys and told each other secrets that no one else knew of.  At first the parents of the boys were worried of Jongwoon. Especially when Jongwoon showed no improvement in communicating, as the teachers said he would as the years passed by. Their worries were silenced, though, when they noticed Youngwoon helping his brother when he could.

As time went by, Jongwoon didn’t get more chatty or anything, but he did gain his first friend when he was about 7 years old. The boy; Kyuhyun, was only slightly younger than Jongwoon and a bit of a loner himself. Kyuhyun liked studying and had a great dislike for sports. Kyuhyun loved to talk and could be, even at the age 7, incredibly sarcastic and was, most of the time, brutally honest. Kyuhyun was friendly towards Jongwoon though and they were good friends.

It wasn’t surprising that Youngwoon and Kyuhyun didn’t get along quite as well as Jongwoon would have hoped. Every time Kyuhyun came over to play at Jongwoon’s house, Youngwoon and Kyuhyun would bicker about sports, studying and more than once; Jongwoon. Something that also was a hot topic among Youngwoon and Kyuhyun was respect.

Youngwoon wanted to be called Hyung, as this was normal and showed respect to him, who was older than Kyuhyun. Kyuhyun knew this and loved teasing Youngwoon by not saying it. The two accepted each other, though, because they both cared for Jongwoon. And they couldn’t help but acknowledge this.

Years went by as the three of them went through elementary school and middle school. Finally they went to high school. Some years ago, Jongwoon had earned the nickname Yesung, which meant art-like voice, when Kyuhyun heard him singing in the shower. Youngwoon went by the nickname Kangin, which meant Strong Person, as this complimented his character and who he was. Especially after that one time when Yesung got in some trouble and Kangin ended up beating up a small group of bullies. There weren’t a lot of people after that who dared to mess with Yesung.

-----

It was on the first day of high school when Yesung fell head over heels in love with Siwon; the centre forward and star of the school soccer team.

''I'm in love,'' Yesung said to Kyuhyun who was gobbling down his lunch. Kyuhyun looked up from his plate, an expression of boredom on his face, following Yesung's line of vision. He chewed his food while thoughtfully looking at Siwon, who sat on other side of the school canteen. He wasn't surprised at Yesung's revelation about liking a boy; Yesung had told him he liked boys when they were twelve years old. Kyuhyun swallowed his food, returning his gaze to the food that was left on his plate.

''Forget it, Yeye~,'' he sing sang while taking another spoon of his rice. ''That guy is a typical example of a popular kid, someone you'd never talk to.'' Kyuhyun stopped, thinking his sentence over. ''Wait.. You don't even talk to not popular people...'' He grinned and went back to fully concentrating on his food.

But Yesung couldn't 'forget it' like Kyuhyun told him. He stared at Siwon and sighed dramatically. How he wished that Siwon would just acknowledge his existence.

-----

A year passed by and Yesung still had feelings for Siwon. He often complained to Kyuhyun that life wasn't fair. Why couldn't he be popular or at the very least be normal? 

Yesung didn't have a clue that life would take a drastic turn for him this year.

-----



Thank you everybody who subscribed and commented~! It made me so happy and giggly~ <3
Will try to update as soon as possible~ :D