The New Student Called Baekhyun

Will You Be My Friend?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

>>Chanyeol's POV<<

 

As always, school was boring. The girls squealed over me, but none of them dared to approach me; the attention I received from them sparked the growing jealousy from the boys.

 

We were having a 10-minute-break, but as friends gathered together for a chat, only I was alone. 

I sat there, listening to some of the conversations happening behind me, but I quickly grew bored. After yawning several times, I laid my head on the desk (that made the girls squeal like crazy) and tried to sleep when something caught my attention.

 

“Hey, hey guys listen! We're getting a new student!” The boys behind me seemed really excited.

 

New student? I hope it's a boy... a boy who doesn't give a about attention from girls. A boy who will be my friend.

I smiled at that thought but I didn’t get my hopes up too high, because to me being realistic was everything in life.

 

“I hope it's a girl, a cute one!”

 

“Yes, a cute girl who doesn't squeal over Chanyeol...”

 

“Yeah! Every girl, who turned into his fangirl, became so annoying afterwards.”

 

“But as evil as he is, Chanyeol will flirt with her and make her one of his stupid fangirls. That's so typical for that jerk!”

 

“Pshhh, he can hear you.”

 

“So what? I want him to hear that!”

 

I quietly sighed to myself, I really had enough. What I wanted wasn't a ton of 'fangirls' but friends, boys whom I could play with. I wanted to play soccer together, go swimming with them, together play tricks on people... the list was endless.

 

It wasn't like I never had friends, I did have one, back in elementary school, grade one.

 

His name was Jaebeom. he was a nice boy and we often played with each other; I really enjoyed our time together, for one year everything was perfect but then the horror began.

 

In grade two he developed a crush on a girl, called Yoonhee, but that girl adored me, and how she adored me... She told everyone that she was going to marry me some day; she said everybody in the world was ugly as hell and only I was beautiful, sweet and perfect like an angel. She even told me once that if she had to choose between her parents and me, she'd choose me.

 

I wasn't feeling flattered at all, instead, I was scared of her. I didn't know why she adored me that much, maybe because I helped her once? There was one incident, where she fell and hurt her leg, so I carried her to the infirmary but I never thought it would cause her to idolize me that much... In the end I could live with her idolizing me, but the problem was that her crush on me weakened Jaebeom's and my friendship; because of Yoonhee idolizing me, Jaebeom was always jealous of me and after a big fight he stopped playing with me and I was alone.

 

In grade three, Jaebeom wanted to confess to Yoonhee and do you know what she said? She told him, he was ugly as hell, disgusting and a jerk and that he could never compete with me. She broke his heart. If she was going to reject him, couldn't it have been less cold? Duh, I hated that girl. I never understood why Jaebeom had a crush on her, but that wasn't important. It was important that Jaebeom started to hate me afterwards. One day, he shouted at me while grabbing my collar. I never forgot what he shouted.

 

“Chanyeol, I HATE YOU! I wish I never met you! You ruined everything, you bastard!”

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter