Stacking the boxes

Exo Oneshots

You were ready to walk into your brand new apartment when you heard your phone ringing. You took it out of your pocket and looked at the screen before picking it up. It was Lay calling.

"Hello?" you answered your phone.

"Hey,it's me, Lay. Good morning, honey' he told you and you couldn't help but smile.

"Why are you up this early in the morning? I thought you had recording until late yesterday." you asked him.

"Well...We did back we have the whole day free today and I wanted to ask you if you would like me to pass by and take out" he told you innocently.

"You are kidding me, right?" you asked him ironically.

"I just thought we could spend some time together before I live for China again. God, relax." he told you.

You knew he had the best intentions and all but you couldn't believe he forgot. 

"Ya!!  Zhang Yixing do you ever listen to the things I say?" you yeled at him and hang up.

You sat on the stairs and blankly looked out of the small window at the wall next to you. You just stayed there waiting for the truck with your furniture to come.

You had been so excited about moving to a new apartment, you were talking only about how amazing it was. It would officially be yours and only yours. No crazy parents, no roomates. It was rather small but it exactly what you were looking for and it fit you perfectly.

You continued looking out the window withoutreally noticing anything when you heard someone knocking at the front glass door of the building. You thought that it would be the guys with your furniture and you rashed to open it. However, you were more than surprised to see Lay outside the door with a bouquet of flowers in his hands.

You opened the door and waited for him to talk.

"I'm so sorry I forgot that you were supposed to move in your new apartment  today. I just wanted to see you and I guess I got carried away..." he admitted and handed you the flowers.

You took them and smelled them for a bit. Then you came closer to him and kissed him, smiling.
He was your weak spot. You couldn't stay mad at him for anything. He must have been very busy that he didn't even think about it. Forgetful him.He was Lay after all..

"How did you know the address?" you asked him when you pulled back.

"You had texted me when you signed the contract" he said ruffling your hair a little.

"And...What exactly are you doing here?" you asked him raising an eyebrow.

"As I said earlier, I have the whole day free. Sooo, I'm going to help you get the house ready" he told you pinching your nose.

You nodded smiling and made him sit on the stairs waiting for the furniture to arrive. In the meantime you talked out your job, about his schedule, about everything that happened lately. 

After a while the furniture finaly arrived and you started getting the into the apartment. Lay helped you bring all the boxes in and guided the conveyors. 

An hour later everything was in the apartment, so you paid the guys and you closed the door behind you only to face a really messy room ful of bigger and smaller boxes everywhere. 

Lay was sitting on the sofa, one of the already set things in the room, with sweat running down his face.You flopped next to him breathing heavily.

"Thank you very much about all this" you told him after a few minutes.

"Anything for my girl" he said and put his arm around you, pulling you closer.

You just stayed there, with your eyes closed, listening to his heartbeat.

"It's not done,though..." he whispered into your ear.

"You did enough alredy. You should be resting right now!" you turned around to look at him in the eyes.

"Like I have something better to do?! Now just stop worrying about me and lets get down to business,woman!" he said and took in his hands bridal style.

You couldn't stp laughing at his randomness. He wsa always so sweet and funny and he always made a witty comment about everything he saw.

After he let you down you started putting your things in place. Time flew by so quickly you didn't even notice it and it was really late when everything was done.

You both ended sleeping on your bed, obviously to tired to even move your finger.

You were really glad he came by and helped you or else it would have been a really boring day.