Explaination

Memories & a Lost Lover

Minho's P.O.V

I was about to look for Taemin in his room when I heard him scream.

My heartbeat raced like I've just done a triathlon as I burst into his room and calmed him down. I carried him to his bed as a downcast Key wheeled himself so fast like a scurrying hamster.

I heard Taemin's soft snore and gently set him down on his bed. You've suffered a lot Taemin... Rest now.. I'll not ever leave you alone again. 

*Rewind to when Taemin was being kidnapped*

"Goodnight Appa! Goodnight Umma!" Taemin happily skipped to his room while Minho followed behind him. Minho was Taemin's personal butler at that time too.

"Minho! You can go now..." Taemin happily chirped to Minho after he had tucked Taemin into bed.

"Goodnight Young Master Taemin." Minho kissed Taemin on his soft, small hand and left.

That night was special, someone had snuck into Taemin's room through his balcony and stole him in the night. The person had been hired by Taemin's Appa's enemy. Wanting to get revenge, his enemy kidnapped Taemin and brought Taemin to stay with the abusive couple and relative.

The next few months spent by the Lee family, Minho and Key was absolute torture. They've looked for him everywhere but to their disappointment they did not even find a single hair of him.

Taemin's Appa fell quite sick after 10 years of looking for Taemin and Key cried every single day for 3 years of the 11 year wait and lost control of his legs due to an self-inflicted accident for 5 years before going for therapy to regain the use of his legs. Taemin's Appa and Umma grew ill and pale as they worried for their son's return.

Due to Key's excessive crying, he almost went blind. He slowly became cooped up in his room and went at least twice everyday to the rose garden, hoping desperately to see Taemin, sometimes staring into space and remembering things about him, most of the time he cries soflty returning home with sore, red eyes.

Key really tried to move from Taemin, he dated lots of girls but none of them ever saw him again. He just couldn't forget Taemin.

Key's P.O.V 

I threw my pathetic self on my bed and replayed the never-ending memories of a younger Taemin and me.

11 Years ago.

"Taemin! Here! A little something for your birthday!" Taemin just ignored Key but secretly glanced at the red box Key was holding in his outstretched hand.

"What is it Key?" He fakingly grumpily asked Key as he pretended to read again.

"Come on Taemin! My mom told me that it's your birthday today so I bought you this!"

Bursting from excitement, Taemin took the red box from Key's waiting hand and opened it eagerly.

To his surprise, he found a light blue sapphire glittered key necklace inside and lifted it from its box. He turned it around and found an engraving.

It said: "Key and Taemin - (18th July 1993) "

"It's beautiful Key! It even has my home number on it!" "Your parents put the number on it so in case of emergencies. And look it's a pair Taemin... Fit it into my locket and see what happens!"

Taemin eagerly fit the key into the locket and it opened surprising Taemin. Key then took both of Taemin's hands and seriously looked at Taemin in the eye.

"Taemin, I really love you."

"I-I-I also love you Key... Sorry I was so mean to you..."

Key did not reply, instead he just pressed his lips to Taemin's surprised ones. When Key had pulled away, he found Taemin's face as red as a tomato, it forced Key to burst out in laughter.

Key then put a red rose on Taemin's ear, he had already prepared it as he was about to see Taemin that morning in Taemin's favourite rose garden.

Taemin smiled and kissed Key again shyly. From then on, everybody thought that Taemin and Key were just very 'close-as-brothers' best friends, but that wasn't the case.

Taemin and Key were each other's first love.

~Present~

As Key remembered the painful memories, he wished that Taemin would have just never came back then he lose memories of his time with Key.

Key's fingers absentmindedly the glittering blue locket which he always wore from the day he gave its partner to Taemin.

The memories, the aching pain of his heart that he wished so much that he could just tear it out from his chest, the memories of living through each day which seemed to be a living hell from the moment he first opened his eyes each day, of how Taemin had only occupied his thoughts and the ghosts of memories coming back every night making him beg to God to just let his beloved come back to him, of how his heart had been relentlessly tortured by Taemin's actions and everything he does, it all drove him so crazy that he smashed a glass vase nearby which had once held fresh stalks of the red rose he had given to Taeminnie on that day.

"Wae?! Wae?! Wae?! Why must it be like this?!"

Key shouted with the force of his aching heart that has been torturing him for so long and he heard his Umma and Appa rush into the room to comfort him.  

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hai there! :)

Sorry for not updating for so long guys.

But there were exams during these past few days and today is the only rest day that i'm giving myself.

The next 3 days would be crammed full of Maths. :( TT_TT

So I really hope you like it and I hope to see some comments soon! Hehe.......

XD And good luck to all those who have tests/exams coming up!

Gambatte!! Hwaiting!!

-Taenyu<3