Insecure

Insecure

Where have you been?” Lay is noticing that he asked this question a bit too often for a while.

Kris throws his bag in a corner and lets himself fall on the couch, noticeably exhausted.

You know exactly where I have been. In the studio with Tao, practicing.” The older replies annoyed, grabbing the remote control and switching on the TV.

Lay walks behind the couch, glaring down at his lover.

In his opinion, Kris was spending way too much time with this Tao guy.

And why didn't you call me and told me that you're going to be late?” The younger inquires with an iffy tone in his voice.

Kris turns around, raising an eyebrow at his boyfriend.

I told you before I left that I'll be late, so what's your problem, Lay?”

The shorter man sighs. “You're right Kris...I'm sorry...Well, I'm going to bed now.”

He says and walks towards the bedroom door.

He hears a muffled tone as Kris stands up from the couch and follows his lover.

He feels two strong arms wrapping around his waist and a warm breath in his neck.

What's wrong? You're so...different...” Kris whispers, placing a soft kiss on Lay's shoulder.

Lay bites his lip. He doesn't want to answer. He feels bad for even thinking this way.

He would never cheat on me...right?

N-nothing....I'm fine.” He says with a fake smile, turning around so he can face his boyfriend.

Kris observes his features, not entirely convinced. “Are you sure?”

Lay nods, his lips forming a wider smile. “Yes, I'm okay. Don't worry.”

Kris gives him a last stern look, then he starts to smile as well. “Good.”

He leads his lover to their shared bedroom and closes the door behind them.

He is exhausted and tired, but he would do anything to please Lay in this moment.

Kris doesn't like if the love of his life is unhappy, whatever the reason for it is.

***

 

The next morning, Lay wakes up. Alone.

He stands up, putting on sweatpants and a white t-shirt, and walks into the kitchen.

There he finds a note on the table.

 

Dear my lovely Lay,

I'm really sorry for leaving this morning, but I got a call from Tao and it was really important.

Please don't be mad...pleeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaassssssssseeeeeeeeee :3

I'll be back tomorrow.

I love you ♥

 

Lay's lips turn into a small smile.

He loves that Kris, the cold and always cool Kris, would write this kind of cute notes just for him.

But then he realizes what exactly is written on the letter.

He'll be away...the whole day AND night...together with Tao...

He feels his eyes filling up with tears.

Lay wonders if he really is the only on who gets cute letters from Kris.

Crying he slides down on the floor, curling up into a ball.

He had known it. He had always known it.

 

He and Kris are together since the first year of high school.

Back at this time, Kris was his senior.

They met at Lay's first day of high school.

Lay was shy and didn't talk to anyone. He just went to all his classes, sitting there silent and listening to the teachers.

Kris watched him. He didn't know why, but he was somewhat attracted by this shy and quiet boy.

Kris was very popular on his school. He was tall and quiet handsome and his cold and mysterious manner made him even more attractive.

Every girl wanted to be his girlfriend, but he didn't like girls this way.

He had have a girlfriend a few years ago and then he noticed that he liked guys more.

Of course nobody knew about it. He never told anyone.

But at this lunch break, Lay's first lunch break on the high school, the people would see what Kris was really like.

 

The tall boy walked over to the table at the window.

Lay was sitting there, eating his rice.

He was alone.

Hey!” Kris called.

Lay didn't look up. He didn't think he was meant.

Kris came closer, lightly tapping Lay's shoulder.

Why are you eating alone?” Kris asked.

Confused the younger looked up.

As he saw Kris, his heart skipped a beat. This was the most beautiful man he had ever seen in his entire life!

D-do you...d-do you m-mean me?” Lay stared at Kris.

The taller guy chuckled. “Who else? I don't see here anyone than you. And I didn't know I'm schizophrenic, so you're the only possible person I could talk to.”

Lay slightly smiled. “Well...then you're right.”

Kris grinned, happy that he made him smile.

Do you mind me if I eat with you?” He asked friendly.

Lay blinked bewildered. “Y-you want to eat...with me?”

Kris laughed. He liked his shyness. “Sure, why not?”

Still somewhat puzzled, Lay nodded and Kris took place on the seat next to him.

I'm Wu Fan, but you can call me Kris.” He introduced himself.

Lay smiled. “Yi Xing, but on my old school everyone called me Lay.”

Kris shook his hand. “Nice to meet you, Lay.”

 

Lay had never understood why someone like Kris likes him.

An ordinary and boring guy.

Lay is shy and insecure, someone who is scared of other people, someone who would never go to anyone and tries to befriend with them.

And Kris was just...Kris.

Tall, handsome, perfect. The dream of every woman and man.

Cold and reserved to strangers, but when he gets close to people, he is warm-hearted and caring.

No. Lay doesn't deserve Kris.

He should be happy that Kris stayed such a long time with him.

But no matter how long Lay tries to convince himself, he loves Kris and he doesn't want to let him go.

 

Still sobbing he gets up from the floor.

He stumbles into the bathroom and washes up.

After he dressed up, he leaves the apartment.

He knows where Kris works.

Of course. He had told his boyfriend about this place.

Why?

Because he knows about Kris dream to become a rapper.

And Kris is talented. He deserves to make his dream come true, and Lay does everything to help him.

But honestly...he regrets it.

If he wouldn't have told Kris about his friends' recording studio, he would have never met Tao and Lay would have never been afraid that Kris might be cheating on him.

What the hell are you thinking Lay?? You love Kris and he loves you, why are you so jealous?? He would never have an affair!!

But even though Lay thinks so, he founds himself in front of the recording studio where Kris is working.

He pushes the door open and enters the studio.

Inside he is greeted by Suho, the owner of the recording studio and his childhood friend.

Hey Lay! What brings you here?” He greets Lay with an angelic smile.

Lay doesn't smile back. “Hello Suho. Eh...do you know where Kris is?”

Suho narrows his eyebrows. He doesn't like the tone Lay is speaking with.

In studio three with Tao...is everything okay between you two?” Suho replies.

Lay nods. “Yes yes...we're fine. Thanks.” He waves and walks off to the room Suho had told him.

He opens the door and freezes.

There were Kris and Tao. Laying together on the couch.

Tao was on top, pulling Kris down with his strong arms. His face just inches away from Kris'.

Lay stares at them and they're staring back.

Lay...I can explain-” Kris begins, but Lay shuts the door close and races away.

Tears are uncontrollable running down his cheeks while he runs.

He doesn't know where he is going and he doesn't care. He just wants to be alone and far away from Kris.

 

***

 

You idiot!” Kris hisses. “I told you a hundred times that I am not interested! See what you did! Now my boyfriend thinks I am cheating on him!” He exclaims angrily, pushing Tao away.

The younger one pouts. “It's not only my fault...”

Kris glares at him. “I don't ing care!”

With this he runs out of the studio.

In the lobby he looks at Suho.

I think he ran to the park.” Suho says.

Kris gives him a thankful smile and hurries outside into the direction Suho had told him.

 

When he arrives at the park, he doesn't need long until he finds Lay.

The young man is sitting on a swing at a playground, slowly seesawing back and forth.

His body is shivering from his sobs.

Kris feels a stitching pain in his chest.

He hates it to see Lay crying. And he hates it even more because it is his own fault.

Lay...” He murmurs softly while he's approaching his lover.

The other guy ignores him.

Kris sighs, then he put his arms around the younger man and embraced him tightly.

I am so so sorry, Lay.”

But Lay pushes him away.

He looks up at Kris, his vision blurry from all the tears.

I thought...I thought you love me...” He says, his voice not more than a whisper.

I do!” Kris responds, trying to touch Lay's cheek.

But Lay just slaps his hand away. “Then...how can you cheat on me like this?”

Kris wants to answer, but Lay continues.

I know...I know I'm not worth you...I don't deserve you Kris. I never did...But you could at least just broke up with me and spare me the shame of being fooled...well...I think it was silly of me thinking you would seriously like me...Ha...I don't even have the right to blame you...I fooled myself in believing that you love me. I'm sorry for this Kris. I'm really sorry.”

Lay wipes his tears away and turns around. “You don't have to waste your time with me anymore. Go back to your Tao and have a nice life...”

Lay bites his lip as he feels how the tears are beginning to fall again.

It is silent for a while, then Kris speaks.

You are an idiot, Zhang Yi Xing.”

Lay spins around and stares at Kris. “What?”

Yes.” Kris says, approaching Lay.

You are an idiot to think that you don't deserve me. Maybe I don't deserve you...well...now I'm sure I don't deserve you anymore.

But I love you, Lay. I always loved you and I will always love you.

The thing with Tao...that was nothing...he just likes me and wanted to show it...but it was the first time something happened! I swear! You just came to an unfavorable moment...And I'm sorry for his. I'm so so so sorry that it looked like I would cheat on you, Lay.

You have to know that I would...no...I never ever could do something like this! I love you too much to hurt you like this.”

With this he presses his lips on Lay's, embracing his boyfriend tightly.

Lay returns the kiss and they just part because they need to breath.

I love you, Kris...” Lay mutters.

Kris smiles brightly, pulling his lover even closer to his body.

I love you, too Lay...and I never want to let you go.”

 

A/N: gosh....this is sooo bad LOL xD I'm sorry XD But I hope you liked it :P Pls comment and tell me if you liked it!!