Oblivious

Bloody Oblivious

 

When I first walked into class that day, everyone in the class turned their attention to me. I avoided their eyes and hurriedly walked to the back of the class where a group of students were gathering.

 

“You had fun yesterday?!” I snapped, eyeing each of them with gritted teeth.

 

“Yeah, it was fun!” Suzy said, giving me her fake, innocent smile. “I can't believe you stole another student's money.” She and her gang, G.O and Joon, started to laugh madly.

 

Before I could answer, someone took me by the hand. I craned my neck, it was CheonDoong, my only friend in the class. I just moved to the school and CheonDoong was the only person nice enough to want to be my friend. And without a solid reason, I became the main target of the popular group to bully too. I guess new students were all treated this way, especially by Suzy.

 

“Let's talk.” He mumbled and quickly led me out of the class.

 

When we got outside, he let go of my hand and creased his forehead. I gave him a questioning look and he patted my shoulder.

 

“I know you didn't steal anything yesterday. It was just that their prank on you is too …” He paused and sighed. “Don't you just sometimes wished they would all disappear?”

 

I lowered my head and he gave me a squeeze of comfort on my shoulder.

 

“Yeah...” I answered.

 

And somehow, who knew why, G.O, one of the students in the popular group who always played a prank on me was found dead near the school the next day. His eyes were poked out of his sockets with a sharp object. Investigations were still underway and the police had apprehended several suspects.

 

When I went to the class, Suzy instantly ran to me and almost choked me when CheonDoong came and pushed her back.

 

“I know you killed him!” She shouted hysterically, gaining everyone's attention. “I know you did it!” She neared me quickly and slapped me on my face. The impact made me fall with a gasp and with one hand on my cheek. Suzy started weeping.

 

“I didn't do anything …” I murmured, my eyes b with tears. Joon, Suzy's friend approached us and pointed at me.

 

“I don't think it's her.” He grunted angrily. He glared at CheonDoong and narrowed his eyes with suspicion. “I think it's him. Since he likes her so much.”

 

“Mwo?!” CheonDoong retorted with wide eyes.

 

Suzy wiped her tears and stared at CheonDoong and I with fury mixed with sorrow in her eyes. She then snorted. “ Let's get away from them.” She turned to Joon. “ Who knows, maybe I'm next. Or you.”

 

And somehow, Suzy was right, Joon was the next one to be found dead with thousands of stab marks on his back. His body was found near his house. Neighbors reported that they saw him fighting with someone before disappearing out of sight and earshot. Hours later, his parents found his body and reported the murder to the police.

 

Suzy didn't dare to go near me or CheonDoong this time. She was frightened and didn't even make eye contact with us, maybe she was thinking that it was finally her turn.

 

One day after school, I went to the rooftop to find CheonDoong. He instantly vanished when he went to the teacher's office. I was glad when found him on the rooftop with his back to me. I noticed that he was reading a file, about something.

 

“CheonDoong-ah …” I called out. “What are you reading?”

 

He turned around quickly, as if he was surprised to hear my voice. “I … I s-stole this file from the o-office …” He stammered, his face turning as white as a sheet. Before I could voice out, he did, “I've read it … I can't believe it …” He bit his lower lip nervously. “You've chocked a person to death before …? W-why?”

 

I looked away as I slipped my hand into my pocket. Slowly, and carefully, I took out a pocket knife and in a split second, I'd ed the knife into him just below his chest. Blood came oozing out, coloring my hands red.

 

“B-but … why …?” He managed to ask.

 

I smirked and pushed the knife deeper into his flesh. “Someone who treats me badly should die.” I smiled softly at him. “ And so do the people who knows the truth.”

 

“What...?” He asked rhetorically, wheezing. I cackled madly as I pulled knife out and he fell onto the ground with a thud.

 

I heard a gasp. I turned around and as expected, Suzy was there with her hands covering , she wanted to scream, but couldn't. Blood was dripping at the tip of the knife, onto the ground, leaving some red marks. I approached Suzy and she was so panicked that she fell on her bottom. I gave her an eerie laugh and a menacing smile as I lifted my hand with the knife.

 

“ANDWAE!!!” She cried, trying to get up, but was too weak. She retreated as tears descended uncontrollably from her eyes. I knew what she was looking for. Mercy. “Please … Forgive me … Don't kill me …” She pleaded, her shoulders shaking from the sobs.

 

I shook my head. “It's too late to beg for forgiveness now.”

 

And as I knew it, my clothes, hands and face were all red, covered with fresh, hot blood.

 

 

 

 

~The End~

 

 

 

 

Subscribe for more LOLs

Or check out my ongoing multi-chap, Bloody Noses and Blue Roses!