Angel

Bacon's Love Story

Byun’s Residence…

 

Baekhyun seemed out of mood and depressed after knowing that he and Eunice are totally different from each other. So, Baekhyun took out his Algebra book and began answering the items. For him, Algebra is the most boring subject and he’ll waste his time with it as an outlet of his frustration. He’d never felt this way before and it makes him powerless and stupid that a top student like him would feel this way to a Queenka.

But he stopped as he remembered something.

“You know, you’re so lucky. You’re brainy and cute. You just need a make-over.”

She found me cute? A make-over.Baekhyun was enlightened and his hope is starting to come back again.

____________________

Next day…

 

“Hmmm… who’s that?”

“I haven’t seen him before.”

“He’s cute. What do you think?”

“Kyeopta~ aigoo. Who’s that?”

 

Baekhyun tried to hide his smile, hearing those giggling and murmurs of his schoolmates as he walk toward his class.

Not until he tripped on a stone and fell on the ground with his books. He felt his cheeks reddened. He stood up and compose his self right away, dusted off his navy blue pants, fix his blazer and run his fingers on his tousled hair, then smiled on his self.

 

On the hallway, he saw Eunice getting her books from her locker.

 

Come on. You can do it.

 

He waved his hand and greeted Eunice from afar, “Hi!”

Eunce looked around and smiled at him, “Hi? Do I know you?” Eunice walked towards him and examined his face.

“Mr. Nerdy Bacon?” Her eyes widened in surprise. Bacon nodded shyly as he rub the back of his neck.

“I told you. You just need some changes.” Eunice winked at him that make Baekhyun blushed.

“Hey, what’s going on here?” a deep voice interrupted Bacon’s happiness.

They both looked up and saw Kai smirking at them.

He slong his arm on Eunice’s shoulder possessively as he gave a warning look to Baekhyun.

“I’m keeping y eyes on you nerd. Don’t ever try to touch my property or else – I’ll rip your throat. Arasso?” leaning closer at Bacon with a bloodlust look on his eyes.

 

I cannot back you up if you mess up with him. Chanyeol’s words echoed on his mind. I don’t care. I’m not afraid to this bridbrain.

 

“I’m not your property. Pabo. Don’t scare him.” Eunice removed Kai’s arms on her and walked away. But Kai still follow her, leaving Baekhyun froze on his place.

________________________________

 

“Girl, I can’t explain what I feel. Ooh…”

 

The door shut as Baekhyun sat on a chair facing the surprised band members.

“Bro, what’s with that long face?” D.O. noticed Chanyeol shook his head as g\he play his drumsticks.

“He’s inlove with the Queenka.” He said.

“Really?” Suho’s eyes widened as he tune his guitar.

“Our prince charming is so depressed. You shouldn’t ‘coz look at you, you’re a total package – genius, talented and goodlooking too.” D.O. walked towards Bacon and tap his shoulder.

“Yep.” Chanyeol agreed as he raised his stick.

“By the way, school fest will be this coming week. Suho can’t have a duet with me because of his sore throat either Chanyeo, he in ballad and RnB. You know, we’re still open for a new member.” D.O. slinged his arm on Bacon.

“Yah! Do Kyungsoo. I in ballad eh?” Chanyeol appeared on D.O.’s back, towering him.

“I-I mean you’re way better in rapping.” D.O. rephrase it knowing he’s no much to this giant.

D.O. hand the song sheet to Baekhyun and his phone to him.

Baekhyun stared at it and listened to the music.

“Okay. But I guess I cannot practice right now. By tomorrow, I could.” Handing back the song sheets and phone to D.O.

“Keep the song sheets with you and I’ll send you the music later.” Taking his phone from Baekhyun.

“Get out of my way Goliath. Let’s start prractising.” D.O. shoo Chanyeol away.

“Fine, owl eyes.” Chanyeol glared at D.O.

Suho just shook his head as he watch the two have their quarrel.

 

_____________________

 

Eunice is walking alone as she makes her way to go home.

“Hey. Can I walk you home? Or have a date with mew first?” as Kai keeping his pace to Eunice.

“I’m tired and I can go home alone.” Eunice said, she is starting to get annoyed with him.

Kai stride and went it front of her, “Don’t be so hard to get baby.” Leaning closer to Eunice.

Eunice pushed him away,” You’re really pissing me off. I don’t care if you’re the Kingka and I’m the Queenkna. That doesn’t mean that we have to be a real couple. Find your own Queen and I’ll find a pauper instead of a er king like you.”

“Whoa~” Kai’s friends reacted in unison.

Kai grabbed Eunice’s hand and seemed he didn’t like what he heard. His grip is getting tighter as he lean forward.

“Stop. It. Kai.” Eunice was trying to let go from his hard grip.

 

“Let go of her!” Baekhyun shouted.

All of them turned around. Kai smirked, “Your knight in shining armor is here. What do you think you can do whimpy kid, huh?” Kai releases Eunice as he step forward to face Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun.” Eunice called as she shook her head, telling him not to go any further but Baekhyun just smiled at her.

“She doesn’t like you so you better let go of her.” Baekhyun said calmly.

“Tsk. I warned you before not to cross on our line and yet you’re here.” As Kai bit his lower lip in irritation.

“Ne, but I cannot see your point for me to stay away from her. She’s not your girlfriend.” Baekhyun insisted.

 

Kai nod o his friends then the 4 boys held Baekhyun on his arms.

“I told you so.” Kai whispered on Baek’s ears as he gave him a hard solid punch on his stomach then to his face, leaving a red mark on his face.

“Stop! Kai!” Eunice shouted as she saw how weak Baekhyun was and cannot even fight back as being held by Kai’s friends.

“What do you think you are doing to my friend?” a deep husky voice spoke, as a tall lean with ruffled hair guy held Kai’s arm in the air.

“Chan-yeol.” Baekhyun uttered.

Kai stiffened and so as his friends.

“One more move.. I’ll crash your legs. Your arms. And your head.” As Chanyeol’s words sank to Kai’s ears, creeping and freaking him in the inside.

 

Without second thought, they left Baekhyun on the ground. Chanyeol got him by the arms, helping him to stand up slowly. Eunice came by his side.

“You don’t have to do this. I don’t know if you’re smart or a stupid one.” Wiping the blood fom Baekhyun’s lips.

“Yes I am stupid. A nerd to herk.” Baekhyun mumbled and chuckled a bit. Then he tilt his head to his friend.

“I thought you’re not good in fighting?”

“Huh? I just gave him an evil eye.” Chanyeol  smiled at him.

“By the way, you forgot your eyeglasses.” Chanyeol hand him the eyeglasses.

“Thanks.” Baekhyun said as he smiled at him.

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of him.” Chanyeol said to Eunice to assure her.

 

___________________________

 

 

“Aish. When did you learn to fight huh? If Chanyeol wasn’t there, what will happen to you?” Taeyeon dabs Baekhyun’s bruises as she worriedly spoke to his brother.

“Noona. Aww. Don’t worry anymore. Aww. I’m fine. And will you please be gentle with it?” as he tilt his head to his sister as she cupped his chin.

“Is Eunice okay now?” Taeyeon asked as she releases his brother’s face. She was really worried for his brother ‘coz this is the first time he saw his brother like this.

Baekhyun smiled, “She’s fine, I guess.” Then he shrugged.

“You really like her, don’t you?” Taeyeon smiled thinly as she took Baekhyun’s hand.

“You’ve acted and spoke differently this past few days. You’ve changed for her but I guess for the better. She might be a Queenka and you’re a nerd, that doesn’t mean you’ll not give yourself a chance to love. You have everything. That’s why I am very happy and proud to be your sister. Be true to yourself or you might regret in the end. Everything has beauty but not everyone sees it. Make her see the real Byun Baekhyun, make her see the true beauty of you. I know you can do it. You have my support. Aja!” raise Baekhyun’s arm and pump it in the air.

 

Noona, I’m so lucky to be your brother. I don’t know what will happen to me if I lose you.

 

Baekhyun pulled his sister to his arms and gave her an embrace.

“Thank you noona. Saranghae.” Muttered sweetly to his sister’s ear.

“Aigoo~my brother is so sweet. Love you too my little Hyunnie.” Taeyeon pat his brother’s back, almost teary eyed.

 

__________________________________

 

Eunice is staring blankly on the TV screen in the living room as she wrap her arms on her legs, waiting for her brother to come.

“Still awake?” Siwon riffled his sister’s hair but she didn’t react. This was unusual for him ‘coz whenever he’ll do this, Eunice would grab his hand and bit him in return. So, he sat beside her and put an arm on his sister.

“What are you thinking? May I know what’s bothering you?” as he looked to his sister and she seemed so preocupied.

“There are lots of guys who’ve confessed their interest to me but I’ve never been anxious like this before…” she glowered and rest her face between her knees.

“…and the thing is, he didn’t even confessed yet, I fell this way. We are totally opposite. He’s a nerd. He’s nice and cute too. He’s really bothering me.” As she let out a heavy sigh.

“Who’s this guy you’re talking about?” his brows pulled together.

“Baekhyun.” She muttered.

“Taeyeon’s brother?” he verified then Eunice nod at him. After a few seconds of processing, his lips pulled to a smile.

“You know, I think he likes you but he’s just processing your feelings towards him and he’s afraid that he’ll be dump. Taeyeon told me tahet he’s never been in love and it is hard for him to ask you and face you personally.” Tapping his sister’s shoulder.

“Oppa~” Eunice gaze at his brother with an asking-for-permission-look.

“Ehem. Fine. Taeyeon is now my girlfriend and if ever you and him get together – that’ll be great.” Ruffling Eunice’s hair again.

Eunice grin at hi then pout her lips on him, “I let you messed my hair at first but not this time…” narrowing her eyes on him with her hands move like claws.

Siwon slowly stood up and step back, trying to have his escape from his sister. “I’ll bite off your fingers!”

Siwon run-off up to his room as his sister follow him.

 

____________________________

 

The following week, SCHOOL FESTIVAL…

 

Everyone in the school is very busy for their presentation and room activities – mini restaurant; tea house; horror houseand more.

This day might be the busiest and happiest day for all the students, except for Eunice who’s so restless for another reason – Baekhyun.

Eunice is with her friends and they also noticed her anxiousness.

“What’s the matter with you? Don’t you like our costume?” as her friend with a short hair referring to their costume (SNSD’s Genie costume)

“I like it. It’s just that, I haven’t seen Baekhyun for the past few days. He’s not even in the library.” Biting her lower lip in frustration as they walk in front of the court where a mini stage is being set-up for the students’ performance few hours later.

“That nerdy guy? You’re interested with him?” a long haired ulzzang friend asked her then all her 8 friends eyed her suspiciously.

“He’s nice.” As Eunice’s lips pulled to a smile, confirming her friends’ hunch.

Eunice face lightened up as he saw the tall guy who rescued Baekhyun from Kai. She jog towards him, leaving her friends surprised.

Chanyeol, right? I’m looking fro Baekhyun, do you know where he is?” Eunice easn’t sure in doing this and might make him think other things.

Chanyeol looked around. He was somewhat surprised,” Oh. Baekhyun. He’s just so~ busy for someone.” Nodding at his self as he felt satisfied with his excuse.

 

Someone? Does he like somebody else? Her lips pulled down.

 

Oh-oh! Pabo! She might misinterpret it. Chanyeol thought.

 

“By the way, watch our performance. I’m sure you’ll gonna love it.” As Chanyeol grin at Eunice, so she at least smiled at him too.

 

Students and faculties are gathersd in front of the court watching the different performances of dance groups and bands.

Eunice was having heir snacks in the cafeteria with her friends when she heard something that caught her attention.

“Did you know that Mr. Nerdy Bacon was with a band?”

“Really?”

“Yup.”

“And any moment they’re going to perform now.”

Eunice stood up right away, leaving her food half-eaten and leaving her friends – again.

 

__________________________

 

Chanyeol, on the drums; Suho, on the keyboard while D.O. with acoustic guitar and Baekhyun on the center front, holding the microphone firmly.

I can’t see her here. Where are you Eunice?

“Bro, when Chanyeol started, that’s your cue.” D.O. whispered on Baekhyun’s ear. Baekhyun nodded as he pat the bridge of his eyeglasses.

As soon as Chanyeol hit the drums, Baekhyun started singing.

 

[Baekhyun]Machi amugeotdo moreuneun airo geureoke
Dashi taeeonan sungan gachi
 
Everyone was surprised to hear him singing so angellically. Never imagined that a nerd like him could sing beautifully and could melt their hearts now.

[Suho]Jamshi kkumilkkabwa han beon deo nun gamatda tteo boni
Yeokshi neomu ganjeolhaetdeon ne ape gidohadeut seo isseo

 
I thought he has a sore throat? Baekhyun just smiled at his self.

[D.O]Dan han beonman ne yeopeseo
Bareul matchwo georeo bogopa han beon, 
Ttak han beon manyo

[All]Neoui sesangeuro [D.O]yeorin barameul tago
[All]Ne gyeoteuro [Suho]eodieseo wannyago
[Baekhyun]Haemarkge mutneun nege bimirira malhaesseo
[All]Manyang idaero hamkke georeumyeon
[D.O]Eodideun cheongugilteni
 
Baekhyun was still searching for Eunice from the sea of people. As he sing, his eyes wanders hoping he could see Eunice from the crowd. Then, after awhile, he found Eunice jumping up and down just to see their performance. She's almost buried on the crowd. Baekhyun heard Chan Yeol faked a cough.
When it was his part again, he walked down from the stage and remove his eyeglasses.

[Baekhyun]Mikael boda neon naege nunbusin jonjae
Gamhi 
[Baekhyun/Suho]nuga neoreul geoyeokhae naega yongseoreul an hae
 
Baekhyun met Eunice eyes. Eunice didn't expect that he'll go down and search for her. Everyone around them murmurs and giggles as Baekhyun offered his hand.
 
 
[D.O]Eden geu gose bareul deurin taechoui geu cheoreom maeil
[Suho]Neo hanaman hyanghamyeo maeumeuro mideumyeo
 
Eunice took it. Her hand trembles and Baekhyun noticed it so he whispered, "Trust me you are beautiful." Then her face falshed in red.

[Baekhyun]Aju jageun geoshirado neol himdeulge haji motage
Hangsang jikigo shipeo I'm eternally love~
 
As they walk toward the stage, she cannot understand but she felt so comfortable and secured and his voice really soothes her as if an angel was singing beside her.

[All]Neoui suhojaro [Suho]jeo geosen barameul makgo
[All]Ne pyeoneuro [Baekhyun]modu da deungeul dollyeodo
 
Baekhyun led her on a white elegant antique chair with white roses creatively covering it.
 
[Suho]Hime gyeoun eoneu nal ne nunmureul dakka jul
[All]Geureon han saram doel su itdamyeon
[Baekhyun]Eodideun cheongugilteni

[D.O]Neol saranghage dwaebeorin nan ije deo isang
Doragal goshi eobseoyo nalgaereul geodwogasyeotjyo (oh no)
 
Her heart throbs fast as if something awaits her. The way Baekhyun look at her sincerely and sing passionately, he's up with something.

[Baekhyun]Yeongwonhan sarmeul irheotdaedo haengbokhan iyu
[All]Naui yeongwon ijen geudaeinikka eternally love

 
On the crowd, Kai was being held back by his friends, stopping him from coming up to stage. But as Kai looked on the stage, he met Chan Yeol's glare. The creepy giant gave him his famous evil eye that pacify the ranting Kai.

[All]Neoui sesangeuro [Baekhyun]yeorin barameul tago
[All]Ne gyeoteuro [Suho]eodieseo wannyago
[D.O]Haemarkge mutneun nege bimirira malhaesseo
[All]Manyang idaero hamkke georeumyeon
[D.O]Eodideun cheongugilteni
 
As soon as the song ended, at the back of the crowd, there were students wearing white, holding a long banner with pink and blue ballons both ends and slowly released it in the air.
 
 
Eunice I really like you. Will you give me a chance to love you?
 
                                                                            Baekhyun
 
 
Eunice saw it, teary-eyed in happiness she stood up as Baekhyun walked towards her, "Can I have your answer Ms. Queenka?" he held her hands. The crowd cheers and giggles as they wait for her answer. Eunice nodded, "Why wouldn't I give Mr. Nerdy Bacon a chnace? Of course, YES."
 
Eunice threw her arms on him as Bacon's embrace began to tighter on Eunice. Chanyeol was teary-eyed too, seeing his friend in a cloud 9,"This is waht you call happy ending." Cahnyeol mumbled.
 
 
FIN