Three Days, Three Weeks, Three Years, Thirty Years

Three Days, Three Weeks, Three Years, Thirty Years

 

Title: Three Days, Three Weeks, Three Years, Thirty years.
Pairing: Kai - Sehun
Rate: PG 13
Genre: angst/fluff/romance/drama/slight comedy
Oneshot, complete.

 

 


 

 

 

Kai is a photographer and so is Sehun. Both of them met in an event and become good friends. They found out that they have the same obsession for dancing as well. The talks were mostly about photography and dance.

Little did they know, as the time pass, they fall for each other.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

As friends with the same hobby, they mostly spend their days going out together taking pictures.

Kai, who realized his feelings first, secretly taking Sehun's pictures. He just loved the figure of a pale white living doll in front of him. The way he gorgeously walk his long legs, the way he bend his knees when taking pictures, the way his slender fingers would hold the camera in his hand carefully, and also the way he lightly dance while searching for a better taking shoots spot with earphones plugged into his perfect shaped ears. Sehun's eyes were the best eye-smile maker for Kai. He loves everytime the edges would curve down into a crescent when he smile, or the way he clapped his hands while laughing to his jokes, or the high-pitched laughter he made. Also the aegyos he made when he want Kai to buy him things such as, “Kaikai~ Thehunnie wants ice cream~ phruease?” With the adorable 3rd person's accent and pleading puppy eyes that no one can't say no, especially Kai. That mostly be his favorite thing beside Sehun's adorable lisp. No matter how dark his day is, Sehun's smile would brighten up the rest of it.

Unlike him, Sehun smiles a lot. He's a shy kid with good personalities. He's like an eight years old kid who wants to know everything. But he's a mature when it comes to cameras or photography thingy. A bit too innocent for Kai. But that doesn't matter much because neither Kai is a ert to be said.

He doesn't know since when he's been so addicted to Sehun's smile that he need to stick Sehun's photos on his bedroom's wall. A bit creepy, yes. But living as a boy under the name Kim Jongin and got a nickname Kai isn't a good try of life which brings difficulties to smile even if he wants to. Staying alone in the apartment he's been depending his life on for ten years of his eighteen isn't an easy job for an orphan. The farewell of the loving grandma happened at the age of twelve and since then he's been working hard to continue the studies.

But life has been much easier since he met Sehun.

It's not like Sehun's helping him with his financial problems. (Sure he does sometimes.) But the smile and the strength he gained from it. The boss of him had said that he's been smiling a lot these days and it was a good thing to the cafe he's working at (since some girls are admiring his good looks and fangirls equal a lot of customers equal a happy boss). He earned a good raise just because of smiling. He's never been greedy about money but he swear he'll smile like a million watt lamp bulb until the last piece of his boss' wallet.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Going out with Kai is one of Sehun's daily—no, weekly activities since the slightly taller boy is busy with his college and part-time job.

Being a friend after three months was more than enough for Sehun to finally realized his feelings towards the older male. As the unexperienced one for love, he feels weird as the extreme happy feelings once Kai accepted to go out with him for a coffee or talk. Also the raising beat of his heart everytime their skins touched for a hand-to-hand connection or when Kai hold his hand to pull him somewhere for a good shoot spot. It was similar to the feelings he had to a classmate girl back then when he's in middle school. Being the soon too innocent eighteen years old boy (he's still seventeen that time) he often ask his older brother which came as “Aw~ Sehunnie is now a grown up.” Like always. And Baekhyun would only chuckle when the younger pouted. He then turned to Suho only to get a pat and lollipop.

Kai hardly smiles which Sehun wondered why. Sehun would ask himself the possible and reasonable (for him) answers. Like, he's smiling but in a flat way. He's trying to smile but his thick (well, he had thick and squishy) lips were too heavy or stiff so he failed, or maybe he's sick so he didn't smile today, but then how about the past days? And the upcoming days? Maybe he's sick everyday? Is the sickness bad so he can't smile? Maybe taking him to doctor is the best thing to do. Sehun didn’t remember the name, but this doctor gave him sweets and he will feel really happy after experiencing just a bit sting. This doctor also made his smile prettier. So maybe Kai will feel the same and the later, he'll smile a lot more. Taking Kai to this doctor is hard enough because of his busy schedule and reasons about being okay all the time.

At least, that what Kai told him when Sehun try to pull him to the dentist for his silly statements.

Sehun is a clumsy boy and fail everytime he tried to take photos from the over concentrated Jongin. The darker boy would always notice the camera and smile when Sehun takes it. The younger would pout and play mad by strolling off the park path, sitting far from Kai's spot. And if Kai tried to move closer, Sehun will go further. Soon it is called a play tag.

When the boy finally knew about Kai's family background, he tried his best to help but only with the latter rejecting his offers. Sehun is one not to worry about money since his family is a loaded one. Kai once told the story about the beginning of his hobby and how old his camera is. Sehun's amazed at how good it looked even after boldy years of use. Kai's taking care of that thing with all his heart, but when Sehun tried the camera, it almost said as a broken thing. He wanted to give a new one to Kai, but the tanned male will surely reject it. As a birthday present is quite too late (it's almost Sehun's birthday) so he decided to give it as a valentine day's present (which earned a loud laugh from Baekhyun) but it's March already so Suho, the eldest brother, suggested him to make it a white day present (Baekhyun laughed again). And so, Sehun agreed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The confession was held by Kai. After the exact five months of friendship, he decided to make it a day. It was May 6th and Sehun invited him to the older brother's birthday. Baekhyun examined him from head to toe which makes him a little uncomfortable. But he stay smiled, he is Sehun's birthday brother though. A shorter guy saved him from Baekhyun's deadly stare. His fatherly figures were then explained by Sehun that he's the eldest in the family. It's impolite to say or even think, but he's the eldest and the shortest.

After the party, Sehun offered to walk Kai home. But Kai laughed and ask permission to Suho (they had become friends) that he'll borrow the youngest for a while. Glancing at the clock, he gave Kai two hours with maximum a thirty minutes add. Kai nodded and take Sehun's hand in his. Jumping onto his motorcycle, Sehun followed in suit and they drive quickly to Kai's apartment. He unlocked the door and be a gentlement to let the younger step in first. A gasp heard as Sehun saw his photos all sticked on the wall. His jaw dropped, leaving his mouth hanging lifelessly. Kai chuckled before taking the boy's hands in his.

“I want to be your boyfriend.”

Kai's words might be different. Usually people will ask 'would you be my boyfriend' or something like that but not for the boy. 'Would you be my boyfriend' sounds like an order. And he wanted to tell the other what he want. Being his boyfriend is what he wanted the most, but having Sehun as his boyfriend is a thing he couldn't push. It's up to the youth in front of him.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Sehun was all blank and confused with the sudden confession and surprise. He didn't expect this to be so fast. Sure he was thinking of how to confess first or should he wait. The warmth of Kai's hands transfered through the holding hands. He then heard Kai mutterin some words but they're almost audible because of the thoughts wondering and all he can respond with is “eh?”

Kai sighed at Sehun's word. He repeated it again, well, he will repeat it as much as the younger boy wants. It was answered by a shy peck on his lips. Sehun was blushing furiously when Kai eyed him and he move his glance to the table lamp beside like it's the most amazing masterpiece he's ever seen. A hand grabbed his chin and an actual kiss was made. Just a tender and sweet kiss before the words, “I'll take that as a 'I want to be your boyfriend too'.” Heard.

They're officially dating now.

Kai got a long earful lecture from Baekhyun about taking care of their fragile, weak, and cute brother Sehun and few advices from Suho. Their first date was a week later. To a photography fair where Kai give him surprise to a framed photo of him, displayed between other photos from the events. Sehun smiled slightly with a blush as the older wrap his arm around the waist sweetly with care.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Few years passed and they had been living together now. Kai was the one asking Sehun to move in to his apartment and the youth agreed. With another long earful lecture from Baekhyun and few more advices from Suho, he help the younger with his luggage. His brother seemed to take a really good care of him. Sehun is no more a boy with a loaded family. Once he moved in, Sehun told Kai that he'll be working as well. Kai hesitated at first before agreeing, but both of them live happily together.

They often went out for a 'photography' date. One or both of them would bring their camera with a new memory. They'd fill the whole memory in a day or two and they'll print out all the photos. Bunches of photo albums were arranged to a good list of memories in the (should have been) bookshelves.

The first argument happened the day Kai come home late from work and already tired for the day. Sehun was worn out as well and they argued for three days just because of the unsettled albums. It was Kai who apologized first and they’re now cool again. Few arguments happened later. Knowing that Sehun is a rock headed guy, Kai is always the first one asking for apologizes. The younger will always forgive him in the first try.

Their love was never a perfect to be said but their friendship and the bond of each other make it one. Accepting each other and act mature were the point why they’re still together for years.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Three days.”

Sehun stayed silent in his seat. After a while, he thanked the man with white suit in front of him before turning the doorknob to go out. His chest hurt to hear that and to know he’d never be able to tell Kai about this. Never a single thing he lied to Kai. He couldn’t bring himself to lie when it comes to Kai. Even his circumstances for the past four years. He never told lies, Kai just don’t know. And Sehun makes sure he doesn’t.

He went home to only be greeted by a smiling Kai. The older was watching TV with his legs streched onto the coffee table in front of the sofa. Sehun put both his hands on his waist, lips pouted. “Kai, feet down.” and kick the long legs. Kai winced in fake pain and roll his eyes before standing up and wrap his left arm around the younger’s waist. Pulling him close for a sweet kiss. “Let’s have dinner, eh?” he said. Sehun nodded. When they entered the kitchen, it was all Sehun’s favorite dishes. The younger smiled before sitting down the wooden chair along. Kai began eating. The dinner was quiet as usual. Sehun washes the dishes while Kai drying them with a towel, smiling all over the work to his boyfriend which earn a tint pink on his cheeks. “Stop staring.” Sehun said, “I can’t. You’re too beautiful.” and things like that has been years. It’s like their daily needs; Kai staring and Sehun blushing.

“Remember the day you confessed to me?” Sehun started when they're cuddling on the sofa, watching a show where a man trying to control his dog. Kai nodded, turning to him with a confused look. “Can we do it again?” He said, playing with his fingers. Without words, Kai stood up to the albums and take one of them. Pulling out the photos and start putting it to the wall. Sehun smiled, taking out another album and start putting the photos as well. They played around with the photos and battle on who sticks the most photos. They shared laughs, kisses, and hugs.

Sehun smiled, calling his boyfriend, “Kai.”

“Hm?” The taller answered, still busy sticking.

“What if Baekhyun suddenly barged in and take me back home?”

“I'll steal you back again. Because you're officially mine.”

He chuckled, “What if we will never get married?”

“Then I'll take you to Europe where we're accepted.”

“What if I have another boyfriend?”

“I'll kill him.”

They laughed.

“What if, someday,” Sehun took another photo of him and Kai at their first meeting. “You have to eat dinner alone?”

It takes a while for Kai to answer it. “I prefer no dinner.”

“But then you'll be starving.”

“Then I'll search for you, everywhere, so I won't be eating dinner alone.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

They both were relaxing on the sofa. The sun has rose but they're still awake. Sehun was leaning his head on Kai's shoulder with a blanket covering both of them. Kai's embrace warming him and he thought it's the right time to tell Kai. Minutes passed, and yet they didn't share any words each. Just staring at the television and Kai's apartment wall which now covered with their photos.

“Three days, right?”

Sehun widened his eyes at the voice. Kai knew it? He must have noticed and visited the doctor before Sehun. For how long had Kai known his illness?

He didn't dare to say anything back. Not even an answer. Sehun snuggled closer to Kai, burying his face to the older's chest. He somehow hoped to spend his whole last three days like this. Kai wrapped his arms around the boy, holding him closer. “Let's just go through these three days like we usually do, okay? Sharing kisses, hugs, and everything without having thoughts of us being separated.”

Sehun tilted his head up sadly, earning a light peck on his lips before a chuckle. “Don't face me like that. It's just that you have to go to a place far from me. Soon I'll be meeting you there, but the time for me is a bit longer.” Kai smiled, “For now, let's spend the day like we normally do. Don't think too much.”

Kai kissed Sehun's forehead and nosebridge. “Who knows that I might be the one going first? But it doesn't matter because I will always love you.”

Sehun smiled, feeling a tear escaped his eyes. “I will always love you too.”

“I know.” He buries his nose in Sehun’s hair, smelling the fresh scent of shampoo. “Hey! I forgot my favorite show this morning!” He quickly took the remote and switch channels rapidly.

“I bet it's already over.” The youth chuckled, pinching his arms.

“No, no. It can't be!” He shrieked, “See? It just started! Let me tickle you!”

“Don't—Kai!”

And the rooms filled by laughs.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suddenly for Sehun, those three days feel so long. It feels like three weeks, no, passing three months to three years, no, thirty years. Because there's nothing to be afraid or worry for. Kai will always love him and so does Sehun. They'll always love each other and they'll always be together.

Forever.

 

 

The End.

 


 

 

Erm... so, is this a sad ending or happy ending? .__.

Open ending, I guess. Hehe.

Well~ Comment o subscribe?~ <3

I decided to cut the over spazzed author note lol, I feel uncomfortable, myself. Sowee~