Romeo & Juliet Act Two

Puzzle (APPLY!)

ACT II-

Prologue-

Now old desire doth in his death-bed lie. (Omoni: What?? Poor EunHyuk!)
And Young affection gapes to be his heir; (SiWon: actually, HyoLi didn’t seem THAT into it…)
That fair which love groan’d for would die, (KyuHyun: 0.o I hope to NEVER hear DongHae ‘Groan’)
With tender HyoLi match’d, is now not fair.(EunHyuk: ;__; Why does nobody love me??)
Now DongHae is beloved and loves again, (DongHae: I am?? .. .. SWEEEEET!)
Alike bewitched by the charm of looks, (HeeChul: Shouldn’t he like me then? I’m the best looking person he’s ever seen)
But to his foe supposed he must complain, (LeeTeuk: how like DongHae, just whining all the time -.-)
And she steals love’s sweet bait from fearful hooks: (SungMin: If hooks are involved should I buy DongHae safety glasses? I don’t trust HyoLi with a shiny, pointy object.)
Being held a foe, he may not have access (KangIn: Access to what? Should I be hiding HyoLi from him? Is he a closet … I bet you he is… I saw him having a random nosebleed looking at pictures of EunHyuk)
To breathe such vows as lovers use to swear; (ShinDong: huh? What? What are we swearing about?)
And she as much in love, her means much less (HyoLi: Huh? I’m in what  now?)
To meet her new beloved anywhere: (Henry: Oh! Oh! Let them met in Toronto I can show them around!!!)
But passion lends them power, time means, to meet, (ZhouMi: *Get’s out calander*… Nope sorry, not happening, we’re booked for the next 3 million years…maybe later.)
Tempering extremities with extreme sweet (ChangMin: *Pops in* did some one say something about candy???)
Nona: All of you, SHUT UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and ChangMin, you’re not in this story.

---

SCENE 1

When the night is dark, strange things are known to happen…Like drunk people walking around in fishnet tights and college students running around singing song that no one understands about Batman and Mr. Rogers and Power Rangers…you know?...you don’t? Huh…maybe that’s just my city…

Anyway, this night that stars were gracing the eerie darkness with their milky light, The air was chilly adding to the horror movie feel. (You’d half expect a wolf to howl, but I wouldn’t do that to you, because some of you may think that I was turning this into a ‘Twilight’ fanfic, and that would just be awkward). If we zoom down to one street in particular though, aglow with artificial lights from warm houses we find a Lee, a Cho, and a Ninja.

--

DongHae watched as SungMin and KyuHyun left the party. He knew that they were going to make smart remarks about EunHyuk and HyoLi and he really didn’t want to have to listen. But where could he go? He didn’t really wanna go home, not when he’d just danced with a Kim.

Out of the corner of his eye he saw a tall tree and he quickly climbed up it, not noticing the fact that it was right next to a window, and continued to watch SungMin and KyuHyun.

SungMin looked around concerned as he called out DongHae’s name and KyuHyun had a bored look on his face.

“What’s with you KyuHyun? Aren’t you concerned at all? He could be dead for all we know!!” SungMin chided his DongSaeng.

“Not really, if he has any brains at all he’s home in a warm bed.” KyuHyun said, shrugging his shoulders and yawning.

“Come on you’ve got to help me!” SungMin insisted pulling on KyuHyun’s sleeve.

KyuHyun’s eyes rolled impressively before he cupped his hands around his mouth.

“Romeo! Yo ROMEO! Where art thou Romeo!?!”

SungMin slapped his arm and KuyHyun started laughing before he continued with his ‘conjures’.

“Come on hyung! EunHyuk’s waiting for you at home! His high forehead, his scarlet lips, his fine foot, straight leg, quivering thigh!! What are you waiting for??”

SungMin glared at KyuHyun for a long moment before sighing.

“I give up, now if I was him I wouldn’t come out for the world.”

KyuHyun just started laughing again.

“You’re drunk aren’t you, KyuHyun?” SungMin said looking at the younger man in disbelief.

“Maybe just a little” KyuHyun replied as he stumbled. SungMin steady him and cursed under his breath.

“KangIn must have spiked the punch, I TOLD you not to drink it! Come on let’s get you home.”

---

SCENE 2

DongHae stuck his tongue out at KyuHyun’s retreating back. Unfortunately this movement nearly knocked him out of the tree and as he steady himself he noticed the open window next to him. Before he could stop himself he jumped again a managed to hold on by some magical force, probably that pesky fate again.

HyoLi walked into her room with a towel wrapped around her head. Today had been very stressful, not only did Omoni try to set her up with someone, but she ended up dancing with a Lee! A very attractive Lee, but a Lee none the less. She flipped on the TV before flopping down on her bed next to her open window. As she settled down she noticed that the telly was currently showing ‘Romeo and Juliet’. It felt terribly ironic given her current situation, but she watched anyway.

*”But soft, what light through yonder window breaks? It is the east, and Juliet is the sun!”*

Out side of her window she heard a rusting in the trees and a male voice saying something along the lines of ‘AHH holycrap!!’ She sat up and looked out her window with curiosity. A soft, scented breeze tempted her to open her window wider and she leaned out of it slightly one hand under her chin.

*”Ah that I were a glove upon that hand that I might touch that cheek!”*

She sighed as she listened to the dialogue.

*”O speak again bright angel, for thou art as glorious as the night!*

HyoLi felt very confused, her thoughts were drifting back to the dance and to one particular face.

She pouted. “Why do you have to be a Lee, DongHae?”

*”Deny thy father and refuse thy name; Or if thou wilt not be but swore my love and I’ll no longer be a Capulet.”*

DongHae, who had been rendered frozen when HyoLi leaned out the window, perked up at the sound of his name.

*”Shall I hear more, or shall I speak at this?”*

HyoLi was thinking more about the situation, it was very puzzling to her.

“It’s not like you’ve ever done anything to me, but my family hates your family and has for as long as I can remember…but aren’t Lees human to? Don’t the have hands and heads and pinky toes? Just have another name, sheesh is that too much to ask?”

*’What’s in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would still smell as sweet.”*

HyoLi nodded in agreement, “Yeah, what she said! He’d still be as attractive and kind if his name wasn’t Lee DongHae, So let’s just give him a new name, like Bob Park! If he were Bob Park then I could like him without guilt!!”

DongHae chuckled and climbed to where she could see him in the tree. HyoLi’s eye’s got wide and she gasped. DongHae Leaned forward and put a finger to her lips and smiled at her. After she calmed down she retuned his smile which only widened as DongHae’s face reddened.

*”I take thee at thy word”*

“You can call me Bob Park, I don’t mind .” he whispered with clear amusement.

It was HyoLi’s turn to blush , “You heard that? Oh God, I was just being stupid, I’m sorry.”

DongHae chuckled again and shook his head. They looked at each other for an intense moment. DongHae cleared his throat and turned his attention to the Television.

“What are you watching?” he asked trying to discharge the electricity in the atmosphere.

“Romeo and Juliet” HyoLi replied with a hint of irony in her voice. They both fell silent, allowing the television to take the narrative.

*”Art thou not Romeo, and a Montague?”*

*Neither fair maid if either thee dislike.”*

“How did you get here anyway?” Hyoli ask.

DongHae looked down at the tree. “Uh I climbed?”

“Oh right…but how did you know that this was my room? Were you stalking me?” she asked, suddenly weary.

DongHae shook his head furiously. “No, no, no, nothing like that, I was just trying to avoid my crazy cousin and his friend.”

“Oh well, if that’s all.”

DongHae was about to say something when loud singing down in the street cut him off.

“CUZ I CAN’T STOP THINKING ABOUT YOU GIRL~~” Three young men down in the streets sang while dancing around in circles doing random hip .

DongHae looked stunned and HyoLi giggled  “KangIn should have known better then to drink the punch that he spiked! Look at ZhouMi and HeeChul.” She laughed loudly and ZhouMi turned to look at her and waved. KangIn however, saw DongHae and stopped laughing and started glaring. Luckily SiWon got out of his car and started ushering them in with the help of a slightly tipsy KiBum.

“Oh Shoot!” HyoLi said as they drove out of sight, “You better get out of here before KangIn calls Omoni, she might just ground me for the rest of my life…while laughing.”

“Sounds confusing.” DongHae agreed.

*”Oh wilt thou leave me so unsatisfied?”*

*”What satisfaction canst thou have?”*

“Hey, can I have your number?” DongHae asked as HyoLi began getting a paper and pen out.

“I was just going to ask you the same thing!” she said with a smirk handing him a notepad and a pen. When he finished he handed it back to her and received a small piece of paper in return. He smiled at her and put it in his pocket without looking at it and began to climb down the tree. 

“Good Night, DongHae!” HyoLi whispered down at him He waved back.

*”Good night, good night parting is such sweet sorrow!”*

DongHae smiled as he made his way down the street. He pulled the little piece of paper out of his pocket and for the first time, looked at its contents.

“Call me at nine, I’ll be waiting
Love, HyoLi”

DongHae let out a little cheer and punched the air in delight.

---

SCENE 3

The Sun was beginning to touch the horizon with its playful rays, warming the ground wherever it could reach. It touched the bird nest waking the small dinosaur. The bird’s song woke the animals. And the Cat that jumped on his stomach woke KangTa.

--

KangTa stretched his arms and pet his cat, Lawrence, earning him a bite, suggesting that it had been too long since this kitty had had food. So he picked up his cat and went into the kitchen and put a handful of food into the now purring cat’s bowl.

He opened his window so that he could hear the bird’s song. Then he looked out at his garden, his pride and joy. He was especially fond of the rare section that included a plant that could knock someone out and make them seem dead. He’d tried it on a friend once but when his friend’s grandma freaked out and called the police he had decided that the plant wasn’t worth the explanation that he had to give to the EMT’s.

He was shocked by the unexpected knock on his door.

“KangTa! It’s me, DongHae, I need to talk to you!”

He opened the door and took one look at DongHae and his costume and shut the door.

“KANGTA!!!!”

“No, you’re wearing a Halloween costume which means you’re either drunk or crazy and I don’t have the cure for either so go away.”

“No that’s not what I want I-“

“Sorry, I don’t have any candy either…What do you want then?”

“I want to talk to you about a girl!”

“Was EunHyuk crossdressing last night?”

“NO! Why would you think that?”

“Sorry, KyuHyun told me. So you really don’t like Hyukie any more?”

“No will you just-“

“FRAILTY THY NAME IS DONGHAE!”

“LET ME IN YOU CRAZY FREAK!!”

KangTa opened the door and looked a DongHae with faux sadness.

“You could have just asked nicely, sheesh” He said with a frown.

DongHae rolled his eyes, and sat down on KangTa’s couch. KangTa went to the kitchen and began pouring DongHae a bowl of cereal.

“So about this girl…” KangTa said as he brought DongHae his cereal and some juice, “Who is she? Is she pretty? Can she sing? Where did you met her? Why do you like her? Does she look like EunHyuk? Can she dance? When are you two getting married?”

“STOP! Okay, while I try to remember all of your silly questions give me a few minutes to think!” DongHae rubbed his temples for a second and then began “Her name is Kim HyoLi-“

“Woah, dude, stop right there A Kim?? Are you insane??” KangTa asked in disbelief

“Hyung, have I ever mentioned that you talk to much, shut up and let me explain.” DongHae exclaimed, annoyance written all over his face.

“Okay, okay, just let me get some popcorn, I have a feeling that this is going to be good.” KangTa jumped up and randomly pulled a bowl full of fluffy buttery goodness out of what seemed like nowhere.

DongHae rolled his eyes and continued. “Yes, she’s pretty, beautiful even; I don’t know if she can sing;”

“Well then, call of this relationship right now, I disapprove” KangTa said shocked.

DongHae ignored KangTa and continued on. “I met her at Omoni’s Diner at the party; I have no clue why I like her, I just do-“

“Ah the clearest sign of love I know.” KangTa said his chin.

DongHae glared at KangTa with a burning anger that should have scorched KangTa’s skin off by now.

“No she DOESN’T look like EunHyuk, I wish you wouldn’t bring that up; YES she can dance-“ KangTa clapped “-And I don’t know about the marriage thing yet.”

“Isn’t that why you’re here?” KangTa asked scratching his head.

“No, why would you think that?” DongHae inquired.

KangTa pointed to the Ordination Certificate on the wall.

“When did you get that?” DongHae questioned.

“Two weeks ago, online. It means I can now perform marriages.” KangTa’s smugness was evident, for all that he was attempting to be innocent.

“Weird, and not why I’m here.” DongHae said shaking his head.

“Then why are you here?” KangTa asked with unusual seriousness.

“I… Really don’t know” DongHae said with a blank look on his face.

“That totally wasn’t worth the food I just wasted on you.” KangTa said with disappointment. “Out, Get out.” KangTa said ushering the dazed DongHae out. Just as he was about to close the door DongHae snapped out of it and turned around excitedly.

“I Remember!! It’s because I think I love her!!” DongHae said with a look of triumph.

“Oh really? Good for you, LEAVE!” KangTa said, nonplused. 

---

SCENE 4

Meanwhile at Omoni’s Diner everyone was doing something:
SiWon, Henry, KiBum, Miyu, and RyeoWook were cleaning up.
HeeChul, KangIn, KiBum, and ZhouMi were throwing up.
YeSung, JiSuk, and HaRa were laughing at the hung-over boys.
Omoni, Christine, HanGeng, and HyoLi were baking today’s deserts.

Omoni choose to work next to HyoLi and kept thinking how best to bring up the topic of EunHyuk. She just loved the thought of those two together. Eventually she gave up thinking of clever plans and went with her standard straight foreword approach.

“So what did you think of EunHyuk, HyoLi-ah?”

HyoLi turned a full ninety degrees to glare at the older woman.

“What do I have to do to get you to stop trying to set me up??”

Omoni thought carefully and tried best to think of something completely and totally impossible.

“Get married.” She finally said, then she giggled and threw a little bit of dough at HyoLi’s nose, leading to a full out dough battle, But HyoLi was considering the crazy idea very seriously.

--

KyuHyun and SungMin were doing the same thing they always did on nice spring days, taking a walk, because as soon as the weather got below 60 degrees Fahrenheit they got into a rather intense routine of video games and SungMin’s cooking.

“Hey, do you know where DongHae is? I haven’t seen him since last night…” KyuHyun asked as they passed Omoni’s Diner.

“Huh, really? You mean he didn’t run off and say hi to you after how much you ? I’m AMAZED.” SungMin said rolling his eyes, KyuHyun’s expression didn’t change. “But, no, I haven’t seen him.” SungMin added.

“Huh, too bad.” KyuHyun’s face fell a little

“OH! You know I heard that DongHae did something to piss Kim KangIn off the other night.” SungMin said suddenly.

“I would feel sorry for him but KangIn can’t do anything to him, he’s beyond our help.” KyuHyun said kicking the stone that just so happened to be in front of him.

SungMin’s face betrayed his confusion “Why do you say that?”

“Haven’t you heard him lately? ‘I will love EunHyuk till the day I die’? Knowing how fickle DongHae is he probably fell in ‘love’ with some girl at the party and forgot all about Hyukie by now.”

“Yeah…you’re right.” SungMin nodded his head as he agreed with his friend.

“Well, if it ain’t the gayest Romeo I’ve ever know! How are you, DongHae-Hyung?” KyuHyun said with a smirk as a dazed DongHae walked towards them.

“Don’t mind him, DongHae, he’s just hung-over.” SungMin explained as he glared at KyuHyun and patted DongHae on the shoulder. When DongHae didn’t responded he began to panic. “DongHae?!?! Are you okay???”

DongHae just waved his hand as if to bat his cousin's concerns away.

“Hey guys, I, I think I’m in love!” DongHae face was a mixture of confusion and joy.

“Yeah, yeah we know hyung, we know.” KyuHyun said rolling his eyes.

“No, no, not who you think, I’m…in love with a girl.” DongHae said with the same strange mixture of emotions.

“Well that’s a new one.” SungMin exclaimed, genuinely surprised.

“What time is it KyuHyun?” DongHae inquired looking up from the ground for the first time to look his friend in the eyes.

“9:15, why?” KyuHyun answered looking at DongHae as if he were mentally ill.

“Shoot!! I’m sorry guys, I have to make a call, I’ll catch up with you in a little bit.” He exclaimed running off to make his phone call.

---

SCENE 5

Meanwhile, HyoLi was sitting in her room above the diner watching the clock. Thinking thoughts along the lines of ‘it’s getting late’, ‘should I call him’, ‘does he think he made a mistake’, ‘what’s going on’.

Then Taylor Swift’s ‘Love Story’ started playing (it seemed appropriate) and she picked it up excitedly.

“ROMEO!” She shouted happily and was met with confused scilence.

“No…DongHae, did I dial the wrong number?” DongHae’s voice sounded over the phone.

“No, silly, it’s our nicknames, you’re Romeo and I’m Juliet, remember, silly!!” She shouted again staring at the door.

“Are you okay HyoLi?” DongHae questioned while savoring the feel of her name on his lips.

HyoLi took a quick glance at the door and whispered into the phone “Sorry I’m acting strange; Omoni’s listening in through the door.”

DongHae nodded, forgetting that no one in their right minds could hear someone nod over the phone.

“Romeo?” HyoLi asked in a worried tone.

“Oh uh, yeah okay, Juliet.” DongHae said as if the name was a question.

HyoLi smiled as he played along.

“Okay, our date is at 10 today?” She shouted again, so that Omoni could hear her through the door.

“Yes?” DongHae replied, he was starting to get the hang of this.

“Okay, good, I’ll see you at the park, Romeo, Bye Bye” HyoLi said grining at the strangeness of this conversation.

“I’ll be there, Juliet” DongHae answered in a voice that even over the phone, gave HyoLi goose bumps.

HyoLi hung up and waited, she didn’t have to wait long though, because a half a second later, Omoni popped in, “HA!! I KNEW IT! YOU’RE DATING SOMEONE!!!! It’s EunHyuk isn’t it?? Oh I’m so happy for you sweetie!” Omoni hugged HyoLi tightly and then ran off to go celebrate.

Inside HyoLi just hoped that DongHae would be up to her proposal, and not just run away screaming like any sane person would.

---

SCENE 6

The park was beautiful and the flowers were beginning to bloom. DongHae waited there for HyoLi, his insides were participating in Olympic level gymnastics without his consent. Then she came into view, her brown hair was up in a white headband and her green eyes were glittering in the sun, but for some reason she looked concerned, he rushed over to close the gap between them, not wanting to wait a single moment to be as close to her as possible.

“What’s wrong, ‘Juliet’!” he said brushing a strand of hair out of her face and smiling at the ‘code names’.

“I need to talk to you about something, but please, please don’t run away until I’ve finished explaining.” She looked to see his response.

He nodded for her to continue and they sat down on the ever so handy bench. She still looked nervous though, so he grabbed her hands to try and comfort her. She looked him in the eyes and sighed before setting off to ask the biggest request she’d ever asked anyone.

“Okay, I know this is really sudden I mean we just met, but I really lik-love you and-“

DongHae was about to interrupt her but the look in her eye’s shut him up immediately. “I mean last night you were just this cute boy and now were dating-“

“We are?” DongHae asked excitedly with a childish grin on his face.

HyoLi nodded before continuing. “But, I’m going under some stress at home from my Omoni and, well, do you think you could pretend to get married to me? I mean it’ll be tough to make it convincing but-“

“Not at all, let me make a call, I think I know someone who could help us." he said taking out his phone with one hand and holding on to HyoLi’s with the other. While he waited for the phone to pick up he smiled encouragingly at the ogling HyoLi.

“Yeah KangTa, about that marriage thing…I think I’ll take you up on the offer, no I’ll explain when I get there…Why do you have a dress?...Oh, that’s strange…Yes well be there in a bit.”

Then he hung up and looked back at a confused HyoLi.

“I just covered rings, minister, dress, tux and photos to convince people.” He said simply

“Really? In that short of a conversation?” she was amazed at his willingness; she thought that this was going to be tough.

“Yeah come on, let’s go, we’ve got to get married.

After two hours of getting into their ‘marriage’ clothes and discovering which of the rings actually fit them they were finally prepared.

“Okay you guys know how a marriage ceremony goes right?” KangTa said excitedly.

For some reason, unbeknownst to the young couple, KangTa insisted that they go through the whole thing. He even said that DongHae couldn’t see HyoLi in her dress ‘til the ceremony. He popped the wedding march into his CD player and set up the camera to take random flashes and then called to HyoLi.

“You can come out now, HyoLi!!” He shouted and ran to the front in his funny minister robes that he’d bought of EBay to go with his certificate. DongHae stood at the front of KangTa’s transformed living room, wearing a grey tux,  surrounded by fake flowers and even the standard golden cross on a surprisingly realistic alter (KangTa wouldn’t say how or where he got those).

HyoLi walked out of KangTa’s guest bedroom wearing a beautiful white puffy wedding dress complete with veil and all. DongHae’s jaw dropped, unfortunately this was one of the times that the camera was set to go off so that would be one of the many photo’s of this ‘wedding’. HyoLi was too beautiful to ever marry a guy like him, even if it was a fake marriage. She marched up to the front and they looked at each other for a moment before both turning away, bright red.

KangTa cleared his throat and continued on with the marriage ceremony.

~30 Minutes later~

They had finished exchanging their rings, (HyoLi’s had a rose on it and DongHae’s had a smily face on it, apparently KangTa got them out of a cereal box).

“You may now kiss the bride!” KangTa said flopping his prop bible shut and looking at the two expectantly.

Both of them turned to look at him in shock.

“Oh common now, you can’t have a wedding without a kiss, common you two, quick the camera’s about to take a photo.” KangTa exclaimed. The couple was frozen to the floor. And in a fit of desperation KangTa shoved their two heads together just in time for the camera to click, so wide eyed the two shared their first kiss.

“That’s more like it.” KangTa smiled and handed them both pens so they could sign their ‘marriage certificate’. They both did so while very carefully not looking at each other. When the deed was done HyoLi examined the ‘marriage certificate’.

“You know I’m really impressed KangTa, this looks really real!” she exclaimed examining what she thought to be legal forgery.

“Oh, it is.” He said with an evil grin. “Congratulations you two!!!”