Romeo & Juliet Act Four

Puzzle (APPLY!)

Chapter 4: Act IV

Scene 1: KangTa’s house

---

The fork that had been delivering the luscious pancakes to KangTa’s mouth fell to the table with a loud clang. His mouth hung agape as he stared at the young man in front of him.

“Ewww Hyung, close your mouth! Those pancakes looked better on the plate!”  cried EunHyuk, his disgust was evident. 

KangTa quickly shut his mouth and swallowed. He then returned to the conversation that had caused his indecent exposure of partially chewed food.

“You’re going out with whom now?” He asked as if he hoped that he somehow heard him incorrectly.

“Kim HyoLi,” EunHyuk replied simply.

KangTa’s heart fell a little.

The downhearted expression on KangTa’s face was ignored by EunHyuk who continued on; rubbing salt in the preverbial wound.

“Yeah, I know what a beauty, right? Sorta shocking that’s she’s not taken.”

KangTa could only muster a weak nod.

“Anyway, I’m taking her out this Thursday, LeeTeuk set us up, isn’t this great? I finally get a girlfriend that way DongHae will stop liking me!” EunHyuk exclaimed excitedly.

KangTa sighed ‘Hyukie, Hyukie, Hyukie ...how can you be so stupid?’ he thought to himself

EunHyuk was about to carry on with his rant against DongHae’s supposed crush on him when there was a very loud knock on the door.

KangTa, eager to get away from EunHyuk, rushed away from the kitchen to open the door; behind which was a very upset HyoLi. Her cheeks were flushed and she was crying like mad.

EunHyuk, out of pure curiosity, followed KangTa and was shocked when he saw HyoLi. He quickly went over to her and brushed away the tears, concern evident in his eyes. KangTa was almost impressed with EunHyuk’s concern until the foolish boy opened his mouth.

“Are you okay, Baby?” he asked tucking a strand of her soft, brown hair behind one of her ears. She quickly slapped his hand away from her face. “I am NOT your baby Lee EunHyuk!” she shouted, fire burning in her eyes. EunHyuk looked as though she had slapped him across the face.

“Why are you here anyway?”  he asked, his voice less gentle then before.

“Because I asked her to come see me.” KangTa replied rapidly, giving HyoLi a ‘play-along’ look. “We have something to discuss in private…I’m her pastor.” He said, clearly pulling the whole thing out of his highly creative rear-end.

HyoLi nodded along, but her face was still a contorted mess of emotion, making her part in this lie harder to believe.

EunHyuk, however, was renowned for being one of the most gullible people in town and simply nodded along smiling, as if this explained everything. He shrugged into his jacket saying how he would never keep anyone from their religious duties and began to walk out the door but stopped, and quickly turned around to Hyoli, whipping one of the few remaining tears from her cheeks.

“Don’t cry HyoLi, KangIn will be okay.”  HyoLi managed a small laugh at EunHyuk’s assumption that she was worried about KangIn. “Don’t abuse your face with tears.” He said softly.

“The tears don’t have much to abuse, I wasn’t much to look at before.” She said brushing his hand away and rubbing her eyes on her red sweaters sleeve.

EunHyuk looked angry at this “Don’t you ever say anything like that again, you’re beautiful, I don’t want MY girlfriend wandering around telling people that she’s ugly.”

HyoLi’s head popped up and her eyes were furious, It wouldn’t have been surprising if steam had been coming from her ears.

KangTa instantly sensed danger and pushed EunHyuk out the door and shut it behind him, hitting EunHyuk’s with a loud thud.

“Well, that was interesting.” KangTa muttered to himself before turning to HyoLi.

She looked up at him with a mixture of fear, anger, confusion, desperation and deep sorrow.

“Do you know of away that I can kill myself between now and Thursday?” she asked. What she didn’t expect was the look of sudden brilliance that spread across KangTa’s face, as if he’d just suddenly discovered the answers to life, the universes and everything.

He looked at her quickly with a mischievous grin across his face.

“Why don’t I go and fix you a nice cup of Tea?” he offered. The evil glint in KangTa’s eyes gave HyoLi the uncomfortable feeling that something very, very bad was going to happen, but she bravely nodded her head. After all, what dangers could a cup of tea hold? Not enough sugar? Burning the roof of ? None of this was worse than losing DongHae, so why not?

KangTa quickly ran into the kitchen, but much to HyoLi’s surprise she heard the door to KangTa’s garden open and shut twice before KangTa came back with one steaming cup of tea.

“Why didn’t you get yourself a mug?” she said as she picked up the tea and eyed it suspiciously.

“I’m allergic.” KangTa said, still grinning from ear to ear.

HyoLi wondered briefly if it was even possible to be allergic to tea as she gulped down her tea. At first she noticed the unusual bitter taste to the tea. Then a chill went all through out her body and all was black.

KangTa watched, still grinning as HyoLi’s head nodded and she dropped the empty cup.

“And there she goes!” she muttered excitedly as she fell off the couch. He ran to her side and picked up her arm and watched it drop limply to the floor. “Oh this is so much fun!” KangTa exclaimed as he picked HyoLi up bridal style and continued on with his plan.

--

Scene 2: Omoni’s Diner

--

SiWon sat shaking his head as Omoni danced along to the music playing on her iPod.

“I don’t believe it! There’s no way that HyoLi would agree to date that EunHyuk-thing!” SiWon sighed as he looked at the smiling Omoni.

“Huh, what did you say?” she asked as she took the ear buds out of her ears.

SiWon rolled his eyes. “You got your wish Omoni, HyoLi is going on a date with EunHyuk this Thursday.”  His eye widened to the size of half dollars as Omoni dropped the dish she had been drying on to the floor and it broke apart into hundreds of tiny pieces. Her jaw hung open as she turned to look at him, disbelief in her eyes.

SiWon gave her one of his famous grins. “If I’d known that you were going to be that happy I would have made you sit down first.” He said as he got up and began to sweep up the tiny remains of the once whole dish.

“HyoLi, always the Mama’s Girl.” He chuckled as he threw the shards into the wastebasket.

---

Scene 3: Omoni’s Diner-later.

---

Omoni had needed several very strong cups of tea to recover from the shock of learning about the alleged date between EunHyuk and HyoLi. SiWon had been most willing to fill her in on all of the details as he was highly amused to watch the emotions play across her face. He assumed that she was beside herself with happiness, where in actuality she was confused as hell.

She was still slightly out of it when she sat down to read her emails. She opened one from HyoLi with out even noticing that that was what she was doing. Her eye’s scanned briefly across the screen. She had reread the thing four times before the words fully sunk in:

‘Dear Omma,

I know you must be shocked to learn that I’m dating EunHyuk, but it’s true, I am. I decided that He was really much kinder then DongHae and in the long run I don’t think I could handle a long distance relationship as well as I thought I could.

I’m spending the night at KangTa’s because he was the one who married DongHae and I, I’m trying to see if he can annul my marriage to DongHae. But, I would like to ask you a favor. Do you think that you and the prince could set this up as a party? I want as many people there to see me and my wonderful EunHyuk.

Thank you Omma. And thank you for trying to set me up with EunHyuk, you were right, I realize that now.

Love,

HyoLi’

Somewhere deep inside of her soul something was nagging at her that this was not right and urging her to be more suspicious of this whole situation. But she quickly subdued that part and put all of her energy into whipping up the best party ever. After all, wasn’t it she that recommended that HyoLi and EunHyuk would be perfect together! She was right! Even her own daughter said so! Ah the wonders of a mother’s intuition that she should know her own daughters mind better then her own daughter! Omoni, FIGHTING!

---

Scene VI&V: Omoni’s dinner, Thursday

 ---

Omoni was happily ordering all the Kim’s around, setting up decorations here and there. Even when she yelled at HeeChul for insulting EunHyuk, she wore a huge grin. She was so happy that she thought that she might be able to fly.

Christine looked at Miyu with a frown. “Is it just me, or is Omoni TOO happy?”

Miyu nodded quickly as she taped the pink and white balloons to the corners of the table. “I know, it’s almost as if her head has disappeared and been permanently replaced with a huge grin… it’s frightening actually” Miyu shuddered before turning back to her work.

EunHyuk arrived shortly after all the decorations had been set up; grinning almost as much as Omoni, exposing more of his gums then many of the people there had ever wished to see. HeeChul muttered insults under his breath but was elbowed in both sides by Omoni and LeeTeuk. And spent the next 3 minutes curled up in a corner hugging his sides.

They were all getting settled down when KangTa appeared running up the street, a limp, lifeless HyoLi cradled in his arms. Every step closer he took the farther and farther into a state on instant panic and confusion the once merry party fell.

SiWon quickly ran over to KangTa and looked down at HyoLi. She wasn’t breathing, there was no red in her cheeks and when he held her hand he felt no pulse. He turned back slowly to the rest of the party, who were looking at him expectantly. As he looked at them all, the tears threatened to brim over his eyelids and his vision went blurry. He tried to gulp down the lump that had risen in his throat but he couldn’t. Some how though he managed to choke it out:

“She’s dead.”

Christine, LeeTeuk, Miyu and EunHyuk all gasped and Omoni fainted.

SiWon fell to his knees and began to sob. His precious little DongSaeng was gone. HanGeng quickly came over and rubbed his best friend back, but he himself was crying relentlessly.

A cloud rolled over the sun that had been shinning on Verona’s streets. The tears that fell from the faces of all the Kim’s and their friends were soon washed away by a spring rain.

But there were still preparations to be made, preparations for their dear little HyoLi’s funeral.  

------------------------------------

Sorry for not posting in a while-- I had to do my senior project...
But tis done now ^^ only 3 1/2 months left to go!
Hope you enjoyed this chapter...
and please, tell your friends about the app-- I extended it til April 2nd (to avoid April Fool's day)
Please help me out ;__;

Thank you~

SARANGHAEYO!