The Color He Sees

The Color He Sees

People said; do not judge the book by its cover. However, some of us will always look up the surface before we got to know the person inside. Moreover, some others just did not care about things surrounding them.

Some of us can see everything clearly. Some others only see the dark. Another did not want to see, they never try to see.

Kim Jongin wants only perfection. Kim Jongin only wants the best in his only-short life. Others might see him as an arrogant guy who tries in every way to be the best. Others might see him as a burden in their path. Others just did not want to know who is the truly Kim Jongin.

Kim Jongin is cold in the surface but he is all warm-hearted inside. Though he, himself never knows about it. Jongin grew with the look downward upon him judgments by others. He has no more gut to seek his old-warm-hearted-person inside. He is just too tired to seek it. Tired to be the best and tired to show his good side they did not know.

The dark clouds covered Jongin’s day. He got low score in the dance class; he is the first on. He forgot to do his math’s assignment. His daddy, who always brags about Jongin’s superiority; would definitely scold Jongin. It might be the worst day of the almighty Kim Jongin.

Jongin sighed as he walked home. He felt uneasy. The footsteps he took become heavier as the way to home was closer.  Jongin stopped in a park. He thought it would be okay to take some fresh-air, since his day ed.

That park was always there. Jongin just never has a time to come there. His time only is for perfection he wants. Jongin walked to the bench. There was somebody sitting in that white bench. He was so flawless. He smiled, his smile amused Jongin.

While sitting in that so-called love bench Jongin sighed. Probably to ease the burdens that caught him.

“Hey there” the guy with amusing smile made a line.

“Hey.” Jongin answered. There was an uneasy tone in his answer. Well, though that guy has an amusing smile they were definitely strangers.

“Have a stormy-day?” He asked again still with smile hang in his pinkish-and-small mouth.

“Erm,” Jongin answered still in his uneasy tone.

“Well, I’m Sehun. Oh Sehun.” The smiley guy said.

He did not shake his hand to Jongin like others used to do while introducing. He just said his name. There was no worry tone. There was no afraid.

“I’m Jongin. Kim Jongin” Jongin tried to connect the lines. Jongin was so sure that he is a good-hearted man. He did not used to judge people. He judged by others.

“People used to sit here when they have problem,” that Sehun-boy said.

“Well, I have that feeling too,” Jongin said. He said it naturally. It seemed as if they had chemistry, just like people said.

Jongin trailed the other features. He found that Oh Sehun is just… he could not find the right phrase to describe Sehun. Well, let just said that Oh Sehun is pretty. Jongin thought.

“Jonginnie, do know that we are floating in the space?” Sehun asked.

“Well, to be honest I do not really think about it,” Jongin answered.

“Maybe you should to think about it later,” Sehun chuckled.

“What’s the matter about being float in the space?” Jongin asked, annoyed by the question.

“It is amazing to float in the space while we keep sticking to the ground, right?” Sehun answered, he smiled.

Jongin was freeze in a moment. His brain started to connect the related things. Jongin found that Sehun is right.

“Well yeah, that is amazing,” Jongin answered amusedly.

“What do you live for Jonginnie?” Sehun asked Jongin again.

“I live my life to achieve the best.” Jongin said his answer proudly but somehow it felt halfheartedly.

Sehun the pretty boy just smiled again with Jongin’s answer.

“Do you feel happy to achieve all the best Jonginnie?”

It took another while to Jongin answered that question. Jongin tried to; once again use his brain carefully. He questioned himself. Is he happy to get all the best? Jongin frustrated by that question. His brain said it was a yes while his small-and-fragile heart said he was not.

“What is that Jonginnie?” Sehun asked again.

“I don’t know Sehunnah,” Jongin answered. That Sehunnah thingy just blurted naturally.

 “You said that is your life,” Sehun giggled.

Jongin took another time to freeze. Sehun was right. This is his life, why does he feel it not so right.

“I do not feel it right, Sehunnah” Jongin said, he sighed.

“Why?” Sehun asked

“I just do not feel the things happened in my life were right. I am the only son my dad relies on,” Jongin said.

“And then it becomes burden to you?” Sehun asked innocently. Sehun definitely knew the answer; however, he loved to tease Jongin.

“Sehunnah, you know it right? Why do you ask me unstoppably?” Jongin hissed.

“Jonginnie, we are human right? We are not a robot or even a computer right?” Sehun asked.

Jongin exploded; he turned to face Sehun. Sehun’s words drove him mad, mad to himself. Jongin faced Sehun however; there was no reaction from the pretty creature in front of him.

“Jonginnie, you are right in front of me right?” Sehun asked. He smiled. There was a pang in Jongin’s heart.

“Hey! Do not scare me, that way Jonginnie.” Sehun said, still hung a nice smile in his small-face.

“Sehunnah...” Jongin swung his hand in front f Sehun’s.

Sehun hummed. His position remained the same; he did not blink.

“Jonginnie, curiosity kills the cat,” Sehunnah said. He sighed heavily.

Jongin went back to his seat, right beside Sehun’s. He remained silent.

“I am blind, Jonginnie.” Sehun said. The words he said Jongin’s heart.

“As I said before…” before Sehun completed his words Jongin spoke.

“Curiosity kills the cat, I am the cat killed by my own curiosity.” Jongin said, his tone sounded sad.

 “Do not be sorry Jonginnie,” Sehun said, he smiled. Sehun’s smile made Jongin’s heart even more felt the sorry.

“Well, if I am blind it does not mean I cannot see anything Jonginnie.” Sehun said; he turned to face Jongin. Sehun touched Jongin’s face. Sehun trailed Jongin’s face carefully, softly by his silky skin. Jongin’s heart skipped a beat by every touch from Sehun.

“I can tell that you are a handsome guy,” Sehun said, he chuckled by his words.

“Hey, don’t say that. It seems like you mock me, Sehunnah.” Jongin pouted.

“Tell me more about yourself handsome guy,” Sehun chuckled again.

“Hey, do not say that again Sehunnah. I beg on you...” Jongin lowered his tone as if he begged. Sehun just giggled.

“Okay, I am Kim Jongin. I am the only son in family. I have three noonas…” Jongin wanted to continue his so-called-self-description but Sehun cut it.

“No fun, Jonginnie. I want you describe yourself not your family things…” Sehun pouted. Jongin hummed.

“I thought family includes in describing…” Jongin said, he scratched his head. Jongin confused. All Sehun did just surprising him (in good way, of course); Sehun acted as if they are very close friend in fact, they just met in a park.

“Well, I am 183cm tall. I have bronze and tanned skin. They said I had Usher’s lip. I am majoring dance. I love dancing. That’s all, I think.” Jongin said while rolling his eyes. He was trying to figure some things more.

“That’s too short, Jonginnie. You know yourself, don’t you?” Sehun asked again. Jongin’s taken aback.

“Sehunnah, your pretty face does not suit your words. I want to cry…” Jongin threw some fake sobs. Sehun laughed.

“Hush… Do not cry Jonginnie the handsome guy,” Sehun said then he laughing even louder.

“Jonginnie, we life for once, why you have to not believe about yourself?” Sehun asked, wiped his tears from laughing.

“Life is just like a meeting, Jonginnie. We come, greet, and leave. Life is just that simple; we just have to make our life meaningful…” Sehun said. Jongin felt that was right.

“Being blind make me see the true colors of life, Jonginnie.” Sehun said the tone he used, blurred. There were both sadness and happiness. A feeling that; Jongin would never understand.

“Jonginnie, you may live your life to the fullest. But, remember one thing; a person was more than just a hardware. Hardware created to be perfect. We created as perfect ones.” Sehun said; his words were so meaningful to Jongin.

“I do not understand it well Sehunnah…” Jongin said

“We do not have to be the first; we do not have to reach the fullest. Being happy shows the perfections of us. Happiness comes from heart, so just follow your heart. It speaks truth,” Sehun said and faced Jongin. He smiled; the smile was just tender and warm.

“Jonginnie, I have everything that makes me happy. I feel it wrong now.” Sehun said.

“Huh? What is that?” Jongin shocked; the words Sehun said were just so right but why did Sehun feel wrong.

“Jonginnie, I am okay if I cannot see other colors.” Sehun said again, there was sadness in his tone.

“Why did say that, Sehunnah?” Jongin asked

“I just want to see a color,” Sehun said, ignoring Jongin’s question.

“What color is that Sehunnah?” Jongin asked.

“Jonginnie, curiosity kills a cat. Don’t you remember that?” Sehun said playfully.

“I do not care, I’m so curios (yeah),” Joing said in Sherlock’s tone.

“Promise me, you will not die…” Sehun said still in his playful tone.

“I promise, Sehunnah. Just spill it put, please… I’m dying in curiosity,” Jongin begged.

“I want to see your bronze and tanned skin, Jonginnie.” Sehun blushed, but he could not hold his laughter. Jongin blushed too.

“Sehunnah, why do you love to tease me?” Jongin asked. His tone showed his flowery heart.

“Because, I found it interesting to tease you from the very first time Jonginnie,” Sehun chuckled. Jongin amused; he did not know why. Jongin just felt happiness from those cheesy words.

“Mind to walk me home, Jonginnie?” Sehun stood from his seat.

“My pleasure, pretty,” Jongin said playfully.

“Jonginnie, do not call me pretty please.” Sehun pouted.

“You are,” Jongin said while holding Sehun’s hand. Sehun blushed; his face turned red. Jongin just chuckled

 

 

-Fin-