09. Move

30-Day Drabble Challenge.

 

 

 

 

 

Sequel to that SuHan drabble from chapter 7 :D

 

 

 

 

 

Yet another day without any signs of Luhan.

Sigh….

Maybe I should really give up after all.

Suho sat at his usual place. His necktie hanged loosely and his shirt was buttoned up messily and wasn't tucked-in as usual. Everyone was shocked with his new appearance but it seems that all the gossips had died down after a short amount of time.

This is the fifth day without seeing him, minus the weekend days. So when I add them together…
seven days.
A whole week without Luhan.

Why is this bothering me so much? He was a nobody to me before and he still is! I should just get over acting like a high school girl in love. He was about to bang his head on his desk when the loud chattering- which sounded more like gossips- had unwillingly been heard by him.

I heard the boss's son had almost gotten kicked of school for causing mischief. But since his father was wealthy, everyone decided on just letting him get away with it. Tch, rich bastards always get special treatment. For some reason, Suho's blood was boiling furiously when he heard the man's comment. He opted to calm himself down for now and avoid listening more into their conversation as to not cause him to make a scene in the middle of his workplace.

Though Suho had told himself a moment ago to not eavesdrop, he couldn't help but do as he heard another co-worker talking. He goes to the xxx school which is only a few blocks away, right? So it'd be pretty easy for his dad to stop by every now and then to bribe the teachers. He heard the others agree and momentarily erased the 'I should get over this love,' line he thought earlier. He decided to go pay Luhan's school a little visit later during the day.

 

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

 

Though Suho's original plan was to infiltrate the school building and find Luhan and secure him at all costs, it seems that he forgot to remind himself to get off work early that day and when he did remember- it was almost time for dismissal.

Maybe I should go tomorrow… But tomorrow is the start of the weekend! So there's no school then.  He decided to just go there for now and hopefully, he might be able to spot the younger boy's caramel-dyed hair amongst the crowd of people.

Since his work usually ends at 5, he had to ask for an early leave from the boss himself. Won't this be a bad impression of me in front of the dad… but who cares, when I'm leaving to see his son! Since it was Suho's first-ever time to leave work early, the boss immediately agreed and ushered him off.

Suho literally ran to his car, quickly making his way down the stairs instead of using the congested elevator. Sure, he bumped through a few co-workers and some random people on the way, but he didn't exactly care about his image anymore so he, instead, focused on making it to Luhan's school.

Once he reached his car. He leaned on the door, taking deep breaths. I never realized I became so out of shape before… This is probably because I've been so idle for a few years now. He sat on the driver's seat hastily and shoved his key into the keyhole, switching it on. He was about to step on the gas when he remembered something VERY important…

 

 

 Dismissal time = Rush hour.

 

 

He was about to go and cuss at everything and everyone on the damn street but then, he decided to stop wasting his precious time and got out of the car fast, not even bothering to lock it as he ran down the pavement.

He would let out a low grunt whenever a mob of people would unexpectedly appear in front of him, blocking his road, and when the crossing lights turn red.

oeasinlfolanrioqLawnpiw he wanted to shout out his frustrations but then he didn't want to appear as a wacko and get dragged off to a mental ward instead of reaching that damn high school.

This is the last road I need to cross, he thought optimistically as the light turned green. He ran at full-speed like he was running a one-hundred meter dash. He was panting and felt like his legs would give in and his body would collapse when he finally made it in front of the school gates.

Where are all the students? Shouldn't it be packed with them at this time? He looked at his wrist watch and was shocked to see the time. Everyone had already gone home…. I guess it just wasn't meant to be… He turned his back onto the school grounds and was about to head back when….

"You are Kim Joonmyun-ssi, aren't you?"

He heard an angelic voice call his name softly. It can't be…

Luhan was standing there with an innocent look in his eyes and a slight pinkish blush on his face- which Suho failed to notice.

He couldn't bring himself to say anything, so he fervently nodded at the younger. This is so awkward.

"Can I ask why you're here, in front of my school?" Luhan asked carefully, he wanted to know why the one he loved was standing there, it can't just be a coincidence, right? He thought as he looked at the now flustered-looking Suho.

Suho was thinking of a lie to cover up his whole failed stalking act. But the best thing he could think of  at that moment- aside from the extremely weird and unbelievable lies he thought of at first like 'aliens are going to invade Earth, and I came to you out of school by orders from your father'- was something more realistic and slightly believable, "Your father said he wanted to see you, so I was sent to come and pick you up," for some reason though, Suho kept blabbering about traffic jams and a road accident in order to drop or change the subject but Luhan kept quiet and just followed after the older.

Although Luhan was quick to notice the drastic change in Suho's attire and even his use of vocabulary- since he seemed to cuss at almost everything while they were walking together. There was no sign of the prissy Suho he once fell in love with, he certainly feels even more in love with the current Suho- if that was possible.

Suho was worried about how the CEO would act if he saw him bringing Luhan to the office when he obviously didn't ask for his son to be 'delivered'. His phone beeped, signaling an arrival of a new message, which scared the hell out of him for a second there. He didn't bother to check it at first but then a crazily smart idea intruded his thoughts and he opened the random message, not bothering to check it's contents.

"Oh!" He said loudly, which caught Luhan's attention as he planned it to.

"Your father said that he'd rather talk to you at home after all. So you don't have to come to the office anymore," he stopped to see Luhan's reaction. Acting is so made for me, heck, I should even be scouted for the job! He thought highly of himself while the expressionless Luhan just nodded at him.

"I'll head home then," he said and was about to leave when Suho grabbed him by the arm.

"W-wait! I'll walk you home, it's pretty late now."

"I can go home fine by myself, I'm not a girl," he tried to shake Suho's hand away from him but he failed as the older had a strong grip on his arm. He didn't want to admit that his heart skipped a beat, or maybe even two, when Suho held his arm like that out of the blue.

"It'd be my responsibility if anything ever happened to you on the way, wouldn't it?" He said firmly, continuing his fail act. Luhan gave in and just walked ahead of Suho when he- sadly let go of his arm. He didn't want the older to start a conversation he'd have to reply to; in order to avoid sounding funny in front of him.

"Wasn't the boss's house the other way…?" Suho thought loudly as he suddenly noticed that Luhan was walking the opposite way.

"We moved last week, now it's closer to both the school and my father's workplace," Luhan clarified to the older. Suho's face was dyed in many shades of red as he realized that he had said that sentence out-loud.

 "Wasn't it hard to move during the time for the mid-term exams?" He asked Luhan when he remembered that the exams had started last week.

 

Wait a minute….
If the exams had started last week, then the reason why he hadn't been coming by the office is the damned exams?!

For some reason, that thought had cheered Suho up a bit since he was thinking that the younger had probably lost interest in him or something like that. Even though he had kept quiet about his feelings, he probably really liked Suho to the extent of coming over all the time.

It seemed that he was too into his thinking that he didn't realize that they had already reached their destination. "Thanks for walking me home," Luhan bowed his head a little and unlocked the front gate of his house. Suho ruffled the younger's head "You should stop by our office sometime since the exams are going to be over soon, it's kind of lonely there without you snooping around," Luhan's body stiffened up and he glanced back at Suho, who had a bright smile on his face. I don't care if he likes me back or not, as long as he smiles like that at me I'll never stop loving him Luhan closed the gate hastily and quickly ran up the stairs to the main door.

 Suho made sure to see Luhan go in before he left to get his car at the company's parking lot. Hopefully, it would still be parked there and not stolen.

 

 

 

Xxx

 

 

 

 

Can this even be called a drabble? It's too long..
though the end is a bit disappointing for me (I was hoping for a kiss or a confession or ANYTHING but this is how it turned out ><)
I hope someone will like it though OTL it took a lot of time to type ^^