Failure

STUPID JUNIOR

 

[6:30 am the next day]

Leeteuk’s POV

I still have headache but I believe my fever cooled down already. I feel a lot better than yesterday.

Truthfully, these past few days, I felt really, really, really tired already but I still kept going…I must keep going. I have to be strong, not just for my members but also for Inyoung. She needed me the most. There were a lot of times I badly wanted to tell the other members about Inyoung’s sickness. I want to share to them the responsibility I have…I want to share this load of problem with them. But every time I see Inyoung, I felt shame. Why? It’s because it has only been less than two weeks since I knew she was sick, while Inyoung herself knew she was sick for years now. She was able to carry this problem all by herself for many years. I admire her for being so strong. Before she came, I thought being the leader of fourteen people is a hard job. I thought I already learned all lessons of life. I thought I am the strongest. My entire viewpoint changed when Inyoung came. She’s strong, she’s brave…she’s someone who changed my life.

I went out of my room since I need to prepare for our schedule today. Awhile ago, Donghae woke me up since I asked him last night to do so. I heard from him that Heechul is still sick. His fever isn’t going down yet. I walked down the stairs. At the living room, I found the other members there, including Heechul. I thought he was still sick. He is watching television with Eunhyuk and Yesung. Siwon is sitting at the corner, near the window, reading the Bible. Ryeowook is at the kitchen cooking breakfast. And Sungmin is on the floor, feeding and playing with his pet, Hyaku.

I sat at the chair near the staircase and grabbed the newspaper. From where I sit, I can clearly see what they were doing.

“Hyung, I’ll make your coffee.” Ryeowook said to me.

“Thanks”

Few minutes later, Inyoung came in the dorm. She has her camera with her. I guess she took photos of random things outside the dorm since she does that very often. She wakes up early to take pictures of things happening outside.

When she entered, she bowed to everyone including me. She walked to the staircase. When she was already at the first step of the staircase, the ball played by Hyaku rolled in front of her and stopped at the tip of her foot.

“Inyoung-ah, would you please pass the ball here? Thanks.” Sungmin requested since he was sitting a bit far from where the ball rolled. He looked at Inyoung once and attended to his cat’s needs again.

Inyoung leaned forward to reach for the ball. She stretched her arm…the ball wasn’t moving, the ball was just right in front of her…but she missed it. Her hand was really aiming for the ball…but she missed it. I suddenly remembered what she said to me last time. She said that her vision is starting to get blurry. Her hand was few centimeters away from the ball, just then I saw her made a weak smile. She stopped for a moment getting the thought of what just happened. She knew she failed to see the exact location of the ball. For the second time, she tried to reach for it again. There, she succeeded.

“Sungmin-ah, here you go!” she gleefully said hiding whatever she felt. She threw the ball to Sungmin’s direction.

“Thanks Inyoung!” Sungmin replied.

She was about to continue walking upwards when she noticed I was looking at her, so she looked at my direction.

She gave another smile to me. I see tears in her eyes. I know she’s scared.

“I’ll just go to my room and sleep.” She bowed to all of us.

I don’t know but when she gave me that smile, I felt pain…this unexplainable pain inside me.

No other person saw what happened. Siwon was reading the Bible so he didn’t notice what happened to Inyoung. Sungmin was busy feeding his cat. Ryeowook was making my coffee at the kitchen. Eunhyuk and Yesung were watching television when Inyoung reached for the ball. They were so busy so they weren’t able to notice that Inyoung had failed to grab the ball which…Oh, why is Heechul looking at me?

“Hyung…go and talk to her.” that’s what Heechul said when I saw him looking at me. He was looking deeply in my eyes like he was passing his worried emotions to me. This was the first time he called me Hyung again after the day we had a fight.

“Yah, why does he have to talk to Inyoung? Inyoung said she’ll take a rest.” Yesung said without removing his eyes from the television.

Heechul elbowed Yesung’s stomach since he’s just sitting beside him.

“He needs to ask whether she’s coming with you to your schedule or not.” Heechul answered. He looked back to me. From his playful expression when he answered Yesung, to a serious expression when he looked at me. His eyes were like pleading me to really go to her room and talk to her.

I am guessing…Heechul already knows Inyoung’s situation.

For few seconds, we stayed looking at each other. Our eyes were like talking. I don’t know if it was only because he was sick that’s why his eyes were watery.

“I’ll go and ask her.” Siwon presented as he closed the Bible and stared strolling to the stairs.

I tailed my eyes to him as he walked to the staircase…I should’ve been that person walking to her room.

As I look back to Heechul, I saw him rub his eyes. I think he just cried…he’s just pretending that it itches or something.

Heechul-ssi…

 

 

***************************************************************

I'M BACK WITH ANOTHER CHAPTER! :)

SINCE IT'S STILL EARLY, I'LL TRY TO UPDATE MORE. :)

 

 

 

DO YOU WANT MY STORY TO REACH AROUND 70 CHAPTERS OR SOMETHING? OR IT'S TOO MANY? COME ON GUYS, PLEASE TELL ME. I'M REALLY CONFUSED RIGHT NOW. 50 CHAPTERS? 60 CHAPTERS? 70 CHAPTERS? OR WHAT? 

 

 

 

PLEASE LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS HERE. THANKS! :)