Chapter Three

Just Kiss Me
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Mrs Choi?"

"Yes? What's wrong with my husband?"

"We tried our best. I'm sorry."

A petite woman approached Tiffany. She slipped into the seat beside her best friend and gently murmured, "Tiffany, I heard about... about Siwon already."

Tiffany let out a short bark of laughter as she sarcastically stated, "News does travels fast in this hospital, doesn't it, Taeyeon?" She turned around, staring at her best friend. There was none of the usual happiness in Tiffany's eyes.

"How... How are you feeling now?" Taeyeon tentatively asked. Despite her many years at the hospital where both births and deaths were frequent, Taeyeon didn't quite know what to say to the family members of the deceased. Worse now that the deceased was one of her friends.

"Tell me, Taeyeon. Tell me, without Siwon, how am I supposed to live?" Tiffany pleaded desperately, losing her cool. Tears swelled up in her eyes as she cried out, "I can't! I really can't!" Tiffany hugged Taeyeon tightly, her tears straining her friend's uniform, as she whispered, "I can't live without him, Taeyeon. I can't."

"Oh, Tiffany." Taeyeon murmured softly, patting her friend's back reassuringly. Nothing she can say will ever mend Tiffany's wounds.

"Mrs Choi. I heard of your husband's death and I understand how upset you must be feeling right now." Doctor Kim said, staring at the emotionless Tiffany. It was only a few days after Siwon's death but she had already lost so much weight. Her cheeks were sunken and her trademark eye-smile was nowhere to be found.

"But, the hospital has procedures and I have to inform you about this." Doctor Kim paused for a moment before finally breaking it to her, "Your husband is dead now and there's no changing of that fact. However, more of his organs are still working and are in perfect condition. These same organs are also in great need by the patients in this hospital." Their eyes met and Doctor Kim stated, "We would be grateful to you if you are willing to donate them to us, Mrs Choi."

Tiffany stared at the doctor in shock. Swallowing, she stated carefully, "You want me to give you my husband's organs?"

"Yes, Mrs Choi. Your husband will be a great help to all the other —" The doctor was interrupted mid-sentence as Tiffany pressed on, her voice growing louder with every accusation, "You want me to allow you to cut my husband's body up? You want me to let you steal all his organs away? You want me to not let him have a full body?"

"Tiffany, please, don't." Taeyeon hastily grabbed her friend's arm, pulling her back.

"Well, listen carefully." Tiffany ordered, her voice full

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter