Rainy Night

Hysterie

NOTE : The songs I post to the fanfic are extremely important to me, in the sense that they bring me a lot of inspiration. Hope you listen to them while reading the respective chapters. Thank you. ^-^

(Listen to VVIP by Seungri :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz-tp4PEgcw)

Dongdaemun was crowded that night. Not that it never is. Dongdaemun is known for being the shopping hub of Seoul and the many restaurants around the area are popular too. 

But as a victim of an immature prank, pushed around the unknown bodies of hundreds, making sure my dress doesn't get wrinkled...

I wanted to get away from there as fast as possible.

I had passed by Everest Cafe many times before, but tonight as I got out of exit 3, the all-too-familiar sign was nowhere in sight. I immediately grew agitated at the sudden lack of attention and decided that the only thing to do now was walk.

So I walked.

The air was a bit chilly that day and I was reminded of the current splashes of rain that Seoul was receiving. Praying deep down inside that I would be dry until I catch hold of Kairi, I started crossing roads, turning right and left. After fifteen very frustrating minutes, lightning struck. In my head and literally.

Monsoons in India were to die for. They would somehow create an atmosphere of joy, playfulness, even romance. In other countries and cities, like maybe London, rain was as common as sunshine. But rain in India would only last for a month and the people would take all its advantage.

That night in Seoul, as the clouds burst, I remembered that the first thing I should have done was follow an alley towards the left of the station. Though it caused some grunts and complaints, I pushed through the crowd and sprinted towards the station. Placing myself on square 1, I took turn I was supposed to have taken half-an-hour back. The drizzle was getting heavier but I couldn't care less. Dinner or no dinner, Kairi had a lot to hear from me that night.

"Okay," I spoke to myself. "Left turn.... There you are!" The alley I was looking for appeared before me. Suppressing my desire for a celebration, I skipped ahead and continued moving straight. A little too happy at how well I had managed myself, I almost forgot that I had to turn right at the intersection.

Foolishly running ahead, I froze when I noticed a huge white ice-cream van head for me. I turned back and was about to run back when another pair of headlights sped towards me. I thought of running back to the pavement but was stopped when the heels of my sandals wedged themselves to the sewer holes.

Hyperventilation hit me. I gulped and thought, "They'll stop for me, right? They can't just..." Suddenly archives of news articles flashed before me. Words that quoted drunk drivers, guilt-ridden teenagers..... 

"Please be sober, please be sober, please be sober...." I murmured to myself and while doing so, tried my best to move. But my time was up. Now all I could do was hope for some sort of a miracle.

What a miracle it was.

As I hugged myself and the first group of tears started falling, I heard a voice call out. 

"Ya!! Yah!!! Move!!"

I looked up and saw a tall guy waving at me. In one hand was a bouquet of flowers, his umbrella and in the other was a basket full of goodies. Oh great, I thought. I was going to ruin someone's anniversary night. 

"I CAN'T!" I shouted back.

My sharp voice made the guy wince. He was about ten feet away from me. The risk of saving me was huge. It could cost his life too. "Is it your shoes?" he shouted back and while doing so, slowly put down his basket and bouquet.

There was not much time left now. All hopes of the cars stopping vanished. Both vehicles were speeding at an unbelievable speed, the mark of an inebriated controller.

I closed my eyes and thought of my mom and dad. I shoved my hands in my pocket and was in for a shock. Kairi's uneaten lollipop. I started howling loudly now, apologizing to my best friend for not being there for her. I stuck the candy in my mouth and started whimpered when a bright light interrupted my vision.

The next thing I knew, I was flying.